Stock prop broke while doing a roll +video
697 12 2023-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3085075 ft
Netherlands

I was just cruising with my Avata and after a roll my prop just broke...

Starting to lose intrest in this drone real fast...not safe at all.

2023-4-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

yeah that kinda sucks; these drones are not yet perfect, so it's somewhat expected.  the good news is out of thousands if not tens of thousands of broken props, not a single person has been killed and i would be hard pressed to find even a handful of injuries or any amount of property damage.  i would keep flying being mindful of the risk and knowing that you're probably not going to be the first since it's been about a decade or more.  however, there is insurance available for those who are risk adverse (it what's we often use to keep us behind the wheel of those deadly automobiles) but again, i would keep flying knowing these drones have evolved a long way and are only getting better year after year.  more good news is when a drone has a mishap or incident which only causes alarm to others, there are zero consequences not counting the stress that is often felt after it happens.  good luck!
2023-4-4
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Netherlands

The Saint Posted at 4-4 12:35
yeah that kinda sucks; these drones are not yet perfect, so it's somewhat expected.  the good news is out of thousands if not tens of thousands of broken props, not a single person has been killed and i would be hard pressed to find even a handful of injuries or any amount of property damage.  i would keep flying being mindful of the risk and knowing that you're probably not going to be the first since it's been about a decade or more.  however, there is insurance available for those who are risk adverse (it what's we often use to keep us behind the wheel of those deadly automobiles) but again, i would keep flying knowing these drones have evolved a long way and are only getting better year after year.  more good news is when a drone has a mishap or incident which only causes alarm to others, there are zero consequences not counting the stress that is often felt after it happens.  good luck!

Thnx for your reply but I know this can happen to anyone and thank God nobody got hurt and the drone isn't broken but I want to enjoy my flights not worrying about tumble or broken props..if it was pilot error I get it I'm to blame... I'll give it a try need to order some new props and see if it happens again.
2023-4-4
Use props
fans17c4995b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18832116 ft
  • >>>
United States

Damn, looks like you were gently cruising it and then breaks prop. It would be understandable if you hit something and it breaks.
2023-4-4
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Netherlands

fans17c4995b Posted at 4-4 15:47
Damn, looks like you were gently cruising it and then breaks prop. It would be understandable if you hit something and it breaks.

Yeah just cruising didn't do nothing weird. also props had no scratches or was chipped but time will tell I will replace all of them and if this happens shortly after that then I'll sell my product.
2023-4-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

RiChaDo Posted at 4-4 15:58
Yeah just cruising didn't do nothing weird. also props had no scratches or was chipped but time will tell I will replace all of them and if this happens shortly after that then I'll sell my product.

are you going to try aftermarket props?
2023-4-4
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Netherlands

The Saint Posted at 4-4 16:51
are you going to try aftermarket props?

Maybe gemfan but rather keep everything original
2023-4-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the incident that happened on your unit. We're glad that there is no serious damage occurred to your unit after the crash. We will also forward this video that you posted to our relevant team for checking. In addition, please try to replace the propellers and make sure that there is no damage on any one of them, have a test flight and see if the issue persists. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other concerns. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-4-4
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

RiChaDo Posted at 4-4 12:49
Thnx for your reply but I know this can happen to anyone and thank God nobody got hurt and the drone isn't broken but I want to enjoy my flights not worrying about tumble or broken props..if it was pilot error I get it I'm to blame... I'll give it a try need to order some new props and see if it happens again.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. If the propeller breaks without an impact causing it to break, it means that they are very weak and working at their limit.
2023-4-4
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

The props actually are not weak, I have seen some tests and they are hard to break, I believe is when one over torque the props and I just hope no one is using an electric driver to torque the prop screws at factory, most occurrences are from new Avata with original props installed at factory.
2023-4-4
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

I'm glad nobody got hurt and the drone isn't broken
2023-4-5
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Netherlands

Replaced props time will tell. I'll run it through it's paces because now I want to recreate it again.
2023-4-5
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Netherlands

small update: I sold my avata and got a nazgul evoque v2
2023-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules