Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Shell self repair
1015 9 2023-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23302795 ft
United States

Well, I've had my first less-than-great experience with DJI Support tonight.

After a good flight with my Air 2S, I went to take the SD card out and noticed that the shell is cracked between the SD card cover and the vent just behind it. Having just gotten this drone in December as a replacement for the one I got last July (The first one had a bad gimbal.), I figured it would be on some kind of warranty. I got on the chat and found out that the warranty only lasts 90 days... which ended March 20th for me.

Anyway, the agent told me that I could still use the paid repair service but that will cost a minimum of $136 USD. So, I was curious as to if anybody here had performed a replacement of the "Middle Frame" and could tell me how difficult it is? I do have experience in pulling apart and replacing components in things like laptops, phones, tablets, RC cars, etc. so I'm not completely new at the concept.

I found a replacement frame on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Bottom-As ... ment/dp/B09VKJWYKH/

Is $40 USD a good price for it or are there better deals out there?
2023-4-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Can we have a look on the damage?
2023-4-4
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-4 17:48
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Can we have a look on the damage?

Sure thing. It is noticeable at the bottom and fades toward the middle but the crack extends all the way to the top of the "Middle Frame".

2023-4-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am curious, did you buy the first drone NEW?
What was the warranty period on that drone?
2023-4-4
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-4 19:53
I am curious, did you buy the first drone NEW?
What was the warranty period on that drone?

Yes, I did.
Apparently, it's 90 days unless you buy Care Refresh.
2023-4-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

blue_canyon21 Posted at 4-4 19:55
Yes, I did.
Apparently, it's 90 days unless you buy Care Refresh.

Weird, maybe warranty periods are regional but I am pretty sure the warranty is one year in the UK.
2023-4-4
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-4 19:58
Weird, maybe warranty periods are regional but I am pretty sure the warranty is one year in the UK.

Usually, warranty periods are a year here as well. But the DJI agent told said it was 90 days and i couldn't find anything that said otherwise.
2023-4-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

blue_canyon21 Posted at 4-4 20:36
Usually, warranty periods are a year here as well. But the DJI agent told said it was 90 days and i couldn't find anything that said otherwise.

That's disturbing/worrying.
2023-4-4
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.dji.com/service/policy#warranty_period
click on "warranty period...." since different parts for different drone models have different coverage periods
2023-4-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

blue_canyon21 Posted at 4-4 18:02
Sure thing. It is noticeable at the bottom and fades toward the middle but the crack extends all the way to the top of the "Middle Frame".

[view_image]

Thank you.
First, we do not recommend users repair it under unauthorized methods in terms of safety. Hope you could understand.
Second, we will still recommend you send it back for repair after checking the damage. However, please tell us your case number after creating it. We will follow your case considering your situation. Please contact us if you have any questions.
2023-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules