Osmo Action 3 Remote?
6120 16 2023-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HnyBear
lvl.1
United States

Are there plans for an Action 3 remote? Like the "DJI Action 2 Remote Control Extension Rod"? I don't really care about the rod but would like the remote itself. I know the Action 2 one works with the Action 3 from what I have seen but if a new version is coming I don't want to drop $75 on the old one. I'm brand new to DJI products so if anyone knows anything, feedback is appreciated.
2023-4-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, HnyBear. Thanks for reaching out. DJI currently has not released an accessory just like the DJI Action 2 Remote Controller Extension Rod for the Osmo Action 3. We will take your feedback and forward them to our team for attention. Significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on DJI, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you, and stay safe always.
2023-4-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 4-5 00:19
Hi, HnyBear. Thanks for reaching out. DJI currently has not released an accessory just like the DJI Action 2 Remote Controller Extension Rod for the Osmo Action 3. We will take your feedback and forward them to our team for attention. Significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on DJI, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you, and stay safe always.

Hi Tony,

Make the remote waterproof and am easy installer on a steering bar of a motorcycle or bicycle.
GARMIN had a good one, why DJI not ??

cheers
JJB
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 4-7 04:54
Hi Tony,

Make the remote waterproof and am easy installer on a steering bar of a motorcycle or bicycle.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, Captain. We appreciate any feedback that contributes to the improvement of our products and services. Rest assured that yours will be forwarded to the related team. We ask for your continued patience and understanding.
2023-4-8
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Austria

No need to invent from the scratch a new remote controller for dji action 3,  because the one for dji action 2 works absolutely brilliant with one exception - you can’t start/stop shooting, when action 3 is prepared to shhot in HDR - correct this only and that’s it
2023-4-10
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

nixuspix Posted at 4-10 00:35
No need to invent from the scratch a new remote controller for dji action 3,  because the one for dji action 2 works absolutely brilliant with one exception - you can’t start/stop shooting, when action 3 is prepared to shhot in HDR - correct this only and that’s it
the action 2 remote is not waterproof and ,very small and overpriced. max 30bucks are ok
dji
open the bt or the wifie code for 3.party companies edge Telesin makes waterproof remotes for gopro useable on a motobike!
IMG_20230403_091912.jpg
2023-4-10
Use props
MartinBG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282044 ft
Bulgaria

I would love to have a remote control for my Osmo Action 3 too.
Option to control multiple Osmo Action 3 cameras (at least 2, but why not up to 5?) is highly recommended.
Ideally such a remote should be easy to mount on a bike, attach to a selfie stick and with option to be attached to a strap for easy caring around without the risk of loosing the device.
2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MartinBG Posted at 4-14 07:19
I would love to have a remote control for my Osmo Action 3 too.
Option to control multiple Osmo Action 3 cameras (at least 2, but why not up to 5?) is highly recommended.
Ideally such a remote should be easy to mount on a bike, attach to a selfie stick and with option to be attached to a strap for easy caring around without the risk of loosing the device.

Hi, MartinBG. Thanks for your added suggestions. We'll have them forwarded along with the other suggested upgrades/accessories. We appreciate the time you spent writing them. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-4-15
Use props
Italo Grossi
lvl.2

Austria

JJB* Posted at 4-7 04:54
Hi Tony,

Make the remote waterproof and am easy installer on a steering bar of a motorcycle or bicycle.

great comment. I upvote that.
2023-4-24
Use props
Italo Grossi
lvl.2

Austria

DJI Tony Posted at 4-15 05:27
Hi, MartinBG. Thanks for your added suggestions. We'll have them forwarded along with the other suggested upgrades/accessories. We appreciate the time you spent writing them. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Hi Tony,

the perfect remote would be:
- Water proof
- Allow you to connect multiple OA3 cameras to it. For instance, if you link up 2 OA3 to it, if you press start recording on the remote both cameras fire up at the same time.
- The button should be large and relatively easy to press(easier than the OA3 buttons). The reason for the big button is to consider gloves.
You see, many actions sports require gloves and a small button it's a hassle.
- Finally, the remote should come with some kind of flexible attachment system. Belt clip, shirt clip, handlebar attachment... you get my point. This is not a pocket remote, the user should be able to attach to a convenient place based on the sport/activity being performed.

A mountain biker would fix it to the handle bar. Same for a motorcyclist.
A surfer might attach it to the shorts.(water proof needed).
Paraglider somewhere else and so on... The attachment point is key for it to be a good product.
2023-4-24
Use props
Italo Grossi
lvl.2

Austria

nixuspix Posted at 4-10 00:35
No need to invent from the scratch a new remote controller for dji action 3,  because the one for dji action 2 works absolutely brilliant with one exception - you can’t start/stop shooting, when action 3 is prepared to shhot in HDR - correct this only and that’s it

Actually I see many way to improve it. See my previous comment with some suggestions.
2023-4-24
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I'm sure all this will be an optional accessory by the time Osmo Action 6 or 7 will come out :-)
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Italo Grossi Posted at 4-24 11:01
Hi Tony,

the perfect remote would be:

Hello, Italo Grossi. We appreciate your time sharing these valuable suggestions. Rest assured that they will reach the designated team for attention. We hope such interesting features/accessories/upgrades will be implemented in the future. Thank you.
2023-4-24
Use props
djiuser_tXcD1bQhGO92
New

Singapore

I've purchased Dji action 3 camera because it's superior to gopro in many ways, at least for me. It's a shame though that with such a great product the remote is not available as an accessory. The voice control is the only thing that is ...ty so remote control is essential. I would hate to replace this camera with something else if they don't come up with some kind of solution fast. Come on Dji. It can't be that difficult. Don't chip out on us. We all think your product is good. That's why we bought it.
2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_tXcD1bQhGO92 Posted at 10-3 21:27
I've purchased Dji action 3 camera because it's superior to gopro in many ways, at least for me. It's a shame though that with such a great product the remote is not available as an accessory. The voice control is the only thing that is ...ty so remote control is essential. I would hate to replace this camera with something else if they don't come up with some kind of solution fast. Come on Dji. It can't be that difficult. Don't chip out on us. We all think your product is good. That's why we bought it.

Hi there. Thank you for the feedback. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-10-4
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

My action 2 remote works with the action 3
2023-10-27
Use props
davethecipo
New

Italy

I made an account on the forum just to upvote Italo Grossi's post; since I'm a motorcyclist I find the on button on the camera to be hard to find and press when the camera is mounted on the helmet. Having a waterproof remote control on the handlebar would not only make my life easier but also increase safety on the road because the hand would not move much from the driving position.
1-7 03:46
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules