Please give us option to turn off LRF files
3632 17 2023-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gizmo1970
lvl.2
Poland

Please give us option to turn off LRF files. I don't know anyone who use this files, who does in-app editing on a smartphone. By disabling files, we could have more room to record more videos in the camera's internal memory. For me every extra minute of recording is very important.
2023-4-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, there is no option to close the LRF file for generating, but the LRF file can be deleted manually. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-5
Use props
gizmo1970
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-5 19:19
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, there is no option to close the LRF file for generating, but the LRF file can be deleted manually. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I know that there is no such option... that is why I am asking you to create it to disable the generation of these unnecessary files for many users to gain additional free space in the internal memory
2023-4-5
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

HI gizmo1970.
lrf file is used for Action3 /MIMO app to replay a video.
Since it is low resolution file, no need for transcode the original video to replay video, which saves a lot of calculation.
2023-4-6
Use props
gizmo1970
lvl.2
Poland

DJI-ytao Posted at 4-6 01:21
HI gizmo1970.
lrf file is used for Action3 /MIMO app to replay a video.
Since it is low resolution file, no need for transcode the original video to replay video, which saves a lot of calculation.

Yes, I know this all, but I don't use MIMO app, don't need lrf files. And I'm not alone in this matter. For me, the most important thing is that Action 2 records as much material as possible in its built-in memory.lrf files take up space unnecessarily, and generating them consumes batteries unnecessarily - I'd like the possibility to avoid this.
2023-4-6
Use props
Markie8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

gizmo1970 Posted at 4-6 02:08
Yes, I know this all, but I don't use MIMO app, don't need lrf files. And I'm not alone in this matter. For me, the most important thing is that Action 2 records as much material as possible in its built-in memory.lrf files take up space unnecessarily, and generating them consumes batteries unnecessarily - I'd like the possibility to avoid this.

+1 for disabling LRF option specially if you're just using the main camera with such a limited 22GB internal, LRF does take a bit of precious space.

Better yet, maybe DJI should produce an accessories for additional storage (with changing port) without using the battery module less chunky! haha.
2023-4-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

gizmo1970 Posted at 4-6 02:08

Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-4-25
Use props
DLHMedia-Anja
lvl.1

United States

Yes, stop wasting our time and data space.  Let us disable LRT files!
2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

DLHMedia-Anja Posted at 9-22 16:23
Yes, stop wasting our time and data space.  Let us disable LRT files!

Hi there. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-10-3
Use props
iamDeVRAJB
New

India

+1 for this. I do not use the mobile app at all. We could save a lot of battery and space on SD card if the LRF option is chosen by the user.
2023-10-14
Use props
djiuser_HqtpU0GQg3mM
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-5 19:19

If you can delete the LRF files after shooting and recording the MP4 video file, then this indicates that they are not used in the playback of MP4 Video files. If this is the case, are the LRF files required in the camera only during compilation of the MP4 video only, in which case you should be able to choose not to record them as an oprion (?)
Thank you,
2023-10-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_HqtpU0GQg3mM Posted at 10-17 18:40
If you can delete the LRF files after shooting and recording the MP4 video file, then this indicates that they are not used in the playback of MP4 Video files. If this is the case, are the LRF files required in the camera only during compilation of the MP4 video only, in which case you should be able to choose not to record them as an oprion (?)
Thank you,

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-10-19
Use props
Cadí08
New

Spain

Please give us the option to disable LRF files. Or, at least, lower the size of the LRF files A LOT. Please listen to your customers.
2023-12-22
Use props
id4alexey
lvl.4

Russia

I think that the lrf files are used for replay the video, so switch off lrf will switch off clips review.
2023-12-22
Use props
id4alexey
lvl.4

Russia

I think that the lrf files are used for replay the video, so switch off lrf will switch off clips review.
2023-12-22
Use props
bobuzi
lvl.1
Italy

+1 to disable in setting LRF Files
3-23 02:08
Use props
Silvamano
New

Portugal

+1 for a on/off option to disable LRF Files.
4-9 14:00
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Silvamano Posted at 4-9 14:00
+1 for a on/off option to disable LRF Files.

Hi there. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
4-10 23:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules