RC Controller no sound after update
3654 36 2023-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manuchosd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7598 ft
Argentina

Hi, i have an M3pro with RC controller, and i noted after latest update that it has no sound on the android part, i.e. i enter dji academy videos and have no sound and most importantly on the proximity sensors,focus confirm, etc, i have checked that the sound bar is not muted and with high volume, also i connected a bluetooth set of speakers for test and there is sound there, i then desconected them but still no sound on rc speakers, i tried erasing the data on rc controller and a factory reset with no luck,  this is an item with less then 5 hours of fly and it hasnt any single scratch, what can i try?
2023-4-5
Use props
manuchosd
lvl.1
Argentina

UPDATE: i have rolled back to previous firmware version, do a complete reset to factory and no sound from the rc controller, only the beeping sounds,
2023-4-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the belated reply.
May we confirm what sound you are referring to?
Just a kind reminder that the video recorded by the drone has no sound, and DJI RC could not record without a microphone as well.
However, DJI RC has speakers, and you can put the SD card with the audio material into the DJI RC to test it.
Hope this helps and if you have any problems, please feel free to let us know.
2023-4-6
Use props
manuchosd
lvl.1
Argentina

Hi! I encoutered that speakers work randomly maybe humid ambiance? I tried a gently tap with palm to se if it is a loose contact inside but no luck, the speakers run randomly, the only sound i consistely function is bootup sound an keypress sound, they hay separate speakers for this?
2023-4-9
Use props
fans03e63f91
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have the same problem, has anyone found a solution ???
2023-6-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans03e63f91 Posted at 6-8 14:43
I have the same problem, has anyone found a solution ???

Hi there, could you please tell us more details? Are you also using Mini 3 Pro and DJI RC? Please check if the DJI RC is muted. You may also turn up the volume to see if the issue still exists.
2023-6-9
Use props
tgechev
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112779 ft

Bulgaria

Hi all,
I also experienced this issue. In the beginning I did not even notice it like people have mentioned in other threads as well. Then I bought a USB-C microphone in order to test the screen recording feature and see how good the recorded sound is. I did the test and to my very surprise after unplugging the mic and flying again I noticed that I had working voice prompts now! I am not 100% sure if the two things are related but I thought it is always better to share. I will try to remember and monitor the controller to see if they will be gone again, hope not!

Cheers and always fly safe!
2023-6-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tgechev Posted at 6-24 19:34
Hi all,
I also experienced this issue. In the beginning I did not even notice it like people have mentioned in other threads as well. Then I bought a USB-C microphone in order to test the screen recording feature and see how good the recorded sound is. I did the test and to my very surprise after unplugging the mic and flying again I noticed that I had working voice prompts now! I am not 100% sure if the two things are related but I thought it is always better to share. I will try to remember and monitor the controller to see if they will be gone again, hope not!

Hi there, thanks for sharing your experience. You can also slide down on the main page to adjust the volume or mute the RC. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2023-6-24
Use props
Kevin E
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi I am having the same issue. DJI Mini 3 Pro and RC controller. The drone flies normally but I have lost all sound notifications from the controller - eg the assurance that my take off place has been updated,. Now all I hear is the beeps when switching the controller on. This all happened after I checked for an update. Anyone else having this issue?
2023-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kevin E Posted at 7-11 10:01
Hi I am having the same issue. DJI Mini 3 Pro and RC controller. The drone flies normally but I have lost all sound notifications from the controller - eg the assurance that my take off place has been updated,. Now all I hear is the beeps when switching the controller on. This all happened after I checked for an update. Anyone else having this issue?

Hi there, could you please slide down on the main page to adjust the volume or check if the RC is muted?
2023-7-11
Use props
Rbryant76
lvl.1

United States

Has there ever been a solution to this? I am experiencing it as well.
2023-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rbryant76 Posted at 8-3 05:38
Has there ever been a solution to this? I am experiencing it as well.

Hi there, please check if the DJI RC is muted and turn up the volume to see if it helps. If not, you can try to factory reset the DJI RC for a check. Enter Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset). If the issue still exists, please record a video for our further confirmation.
2023-8-4
Use props
djiuser_WOGsoF5XvBHP
lvl.1
United States

8-12-23 no sound here either. I had it when it was first unboxed but no sound now. I can assume like others the sound was broken after a firmware update. I need the audio "HOME POINT ESTABLISHED" to feel safe abut flying. Please don't tell me to turn the volume up or un mute. just give us back our audio
2023-8-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_WOGsoF5XvBHP Posted at 8-12 06:48
8-12-23 no sound here either. I had it when it was first unboxed but no sound now. I can assume like others the sound was broken after a firmware update. I need the audio "HOME POINT ESTABLISHED" to feel safe abut flying. Please don't tell me to turn the volume up or un mute. just give us back our audio

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We just want to make sure whether the issue is caused by settings. If you confirm that the settings are right, then we can go on to the next step. Did you try resetting the remote controller as DJI Mindy said above?
2023-8-13
Use props
Edwyn
lvl.1
United States

I reset the rc controller, I refreshed the firmware. Nothing works.
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Edwyn Posted at 8-13 18:08
I reset the rc controller, I refreshed the firmware. Nothing works.

If so, we will recommend you send it back for further diagnosis. Here is the link to submit online repair request:
https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index
2023-8-13
Use props
Edwyn
lvl.1
United States

Update 8-15-2023    I've got beeps just no audio? My Bluetooth audio (volume and mute) works fine.  I filed a warranty case with dji and they sent me a shipping label to return it. If your within the 15 days of registration you have the option to just return the hole bundle and re purchase.  It appears this issue is with the internal audio speaker (separate from beeps) and not effecting everyone (or perhaps not everyone has noticed). My synopsis is I'm not sure the missing audio is worth being without the controller  for weeks.  I'm trying to convince myself it's not that broken. The "home point set Icon does flash if your looking for it. But I will miss the Chinese training videos. I'm also hopeful that a future firmware update might fix the issue.

broken audio

broken audio
2023-8-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Edwyn Posted at 8-15 05:49
Update 8-15-2023    I've got beeps just no audio? My Bluetooth audio (volume and mute) works fine.  I filed a warranty case with dji and they sent me a shipping label to return it. If your within the 15 days of registration you have the option to just return the hole bundle and re purchase.  It appears this issue is with the internal audio speaker (separate from beeps) and not effecting everyone (or perhaps not everyone has noticed). My synopsis is I'm not sure the missing audio is worth being without the controller  for weeks.  I'm trying to convince myself it's not that broken. The "home point set Icon does flash if your looking for it. But I will miss the Chinese training videos. I'm also hopeful that a future firmware update might fix the issue.

Hi, Edwyn. Thank you for the update. Since you performed the troubleshooting above and since you have a shipping label, we highly suggest to send it in for further diagnosis.
2023-8-15
Use props
Miguel_Freitas_PT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80279 ft
Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-15 07:23
Hi, Edwyn. Thank you for the update. Since you performed the troubleshooting above and since you have a shipping label, we highly suggest to send it in for further diagnosis.

Hello.

I'm having the same problem. The device doesn't make a sound, even if I switch the mute off and on.
If I plug in some bluetooth phones, the sound works. Tested with the tutorial videos.
I have the latest firmware update. I've done a factory reset and as soon as I restart, the introductory video doesn't play with sound. I tested it again with the bluetooth phones, and they still work. It's just the internal speakers that don't work. At this point, I can't be without the controller for several weeks.

What are your suggestions?
2023-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Miguel_Freitas_PT Posted at 8-31 07:08
Hello.

I'm having the same problem. The device doesn't make a sound, even if I switch the mute off and on.

Hi there, if the issue still persists after refresh the firmware and restart, it is suggested you could send back for a comprehensive diagnosis to ensure your future use. You could register a case first via the following link, https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index. Thanks.
2023-9-1
Use props
MikeB43
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3338596 ft
United States

I am also experiencing a NO SOUND issue from my DJI RC. Sent it back and was called to verify the issues. Repair center said that they couldn't duplicate the problem and returned the unit to me. Got it hooked and had no sound. Tried everything mentioned above plus to no avail. The only thing that remains somewhat consistent is the RTH sound works, but not all of the time. Someone will figure it out. Happy Flying!
2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MikeB43 Posted at 9-22 12:36
I am also experiencing a NO SOUND issue from my DJI RC. Sent it back and was called to verify the issues. Repair center said that they couldn't duplicate the problem and returned the unit to me. Got it hooked and had no sound. Tried everything mentioned above plus to no avail. The only thing that remains somewhat consistent is the RTH sound works, but not all of the time. Someone will figure it out. Happy Flying!

Hi Mike, sorry for the issue you encountered. Could you please provide a video of this issue for further check? Please display that the volume has been turned to a louder place, and play a video in Academy in the video you are taking. Look forward to your reply.
2023-9-22
Use props
fans4f05c28b
lvl.1
Argentina

Hi i want to add to all, my workaraound, just blow a little warm air onto the speakers outlet vent  above de indicators light  and it work again i have done it several times , it seems its hardware failure an internal semidesoldered pin or a false contact on speaker, so, i have to live with it because shipping to dji its a major problem from my location, BEWARE warm blow like a hairdryer and in couple of secs its enough in my case, others my require more time or will not work at alldepending on the level of miscontact, do not apply excesive heat (like heatguns or ovens) because severe damage can ruin your controller!
2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans4f05c28b Posted at 9-27 04:09
Hi i want to add to all, my workaraound, just blow a little warm air onto the speakers outlet vent  above de indicators light  and it work again i have done it several times , it seems its hardware failure an internal semidesoldered pin or a false contact on speaker, so, i have to live with it because shipping to dji its a major problem from my location, BEWARE warm blow like a hairdryer and in couple of secs its enough in my case, others my require more time or will not work at alldepending on the level of miscontact, do not apply excesive heat (like heatguns or ovens) because severe damage can ruin your controller!

Hi there, thank you for your update. It is not recommended to self-dry the device as mentioned above, which might cause damage and even affect the warranty services.

May I double-confirm if your issue has been solved? If you need further asssitance after testing, please feel free to let us know.
2023-9-27
Use props
Alan Scofield
New

United Kingdom

I have same ploblem no sound from DJI controller, worked for a while. I wonder if a update did it?
2-27 09:37
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Alan Scofield Posted at 2-27 09:37
I have same ploblem no sound from DJI controller, worked for a while. I wonder if a update did it?

Hi, Alan Scofield. Thank you for reaching out. May we ask for the exact model of your DJI Remote Controller for us to further check? Also, what is the current firmware version?
2-28 00:30
Use props
Alan Scofield
New

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-28 00:30
Hi, Alan Scofield. Thank you for reaching out. May we ask for the exact model of your DJI Remote Controller for us to further check? Also, what is the current firmware version?

Hello this is Alan Scofield, the drone I have is mini 3 pro with DJI CONTROLLER. It's the one that comes with it. I got it in October 2022 but didn't use it till march 2023. The sound was ok until I started doing updates than there was no update point notice from the controller or any thing else. I think it could have been update number 1. 12. 8 which did it? Thanks for your reply I now hope you have the information you need. Alan
3-7 23:26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Alan Scofield Posted at 3-7 23:26
Hello this is Alan Scofield, the drone I have is mini 3 pro with DJI CONTROLLER. It's the one that comes with it. I got it in October 2022 but didn't use it till march 2023. The sound was ok until I started doing updates than there was no update point notice from the controller or any thing else. I think it could have been update number 1. 12. 8 which did it? Thanks for your reply I now hope you have the information you need. Alan

Hi there, may we confirm if you're referring to the DJI RC which has a built-in screen? As for the update point notice, could you please tell us more details? You can also provide us with a video for further checking.
3-8 02:40
Use props
Amierhj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64839 ft

United States

manuchosd Posted at 2023-4-5 11:18
UPDATE: i have rolled back to previous firmware version, do a complete reset to factory and no sound from the rc controller, only the beeping sounds,

I am having the same issue.
3-15 09:40
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Amierhj Posted at 3-15 09:40
I am having the same issue.

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. In order to better to assist, may I know more details about your issue? For example, which aircraft model and controller you used and the firmware version?
3-15 23:04
Use props
Amierhj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64839 ft

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-15 23:04
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. In order to better to assist, may I know more details about your issue? For example, which aircraft model and controller you used and the firmware version?

I will PM you.
3-17 03:32
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Sure. We will look into it. Thanks.
3-18 19:10
Use props
Rocchetto68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 648114 ft
Italy

Good morning,
I add to your problem with the RC controller. I have a mini 3 pro with this controller, all the warning sounds often disappear for me too: home point recording, radar, photo and video feedback sounds, etc. Sometimes after I turn the controller off and on again the sounds reappear but during the flight they often disappear again. I tried resetting several times, updating to the latest firmware and more, but the problem didn't resolve itself. Naturally the volume is at maximum and the controller has never taken a hit. How can I solve it? the drone is still under warranty.
Thank you
4-8 00:30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rocchetto68 Posted at 4-8 00:30
Good morning,
I add to your problem with the RC controller. I have a mini 3 pro with this controller, all the warning sounds often disappear for me too: home point recording, radar, photo and video feedback sounds, etc. Sometimes after I turn the controller off and on again the sounds reappear but during the flight they often disappear again. I tried resetting several times, updating to the latest firmware and more, but the problem didn't resolve itself. Naturally the volume is at maximum and the controller has never taken a hit. How can I solve it? the drone is still under warranty.
Thank you

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. We will verify further with our engineers and update you as soon as possible.
4-8 02:45
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rocchetto68 Posted at 4-8 00:30
Good morning,
I add to your problem with the RC controller. I have a mini 3 pro with this controller, all the warning sounds often disappear for me too: home point recording, radar, photo and video feedback sounds, etc. Sometimes after I turn the controller off and on again the sounds reappear but during the flight they often disappear again. I tried resetting several times, updating to the latest firmware and more, but the problem didn't resolve itself. Naturally the volume is at maximum and the controller has never taken a hit. How can I solve it? the drone is still under warranty.
Thank you

Hi, there.You could complete the online repair request on our official website and return it for further diagnosis. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/gb/repair/index
4-8 03:30
Use props
Rocchetto68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 648114 ft
Italy

Hi, there. I opened a request for assistance and from the indications received I also need to send the drone and a battery.
I'll update you on the repair as soon as possible.
Thank you
4-9 06:28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Rocchetto68 Posted at 4-9 06:28
Hi, there. I opened a request for assistance and from the indications received I also need to send the drone and a battery.
I'll update you on the repair as soon as possible.
Thank you

Hello, there. Sorry to hear that you ended up sending the product for service. Please let us know if you need assistance with your ongoing case. We're always here to help.
4-9 09:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules