Oops!  Remember this?

2023-4-5
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let's just get it out of the way, every government spies.  It's what they do.  But blocking consumer and prosumer stuff isn't going to help anyone except for the north american manufacturers.
2023-4-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

This only affects use by the professional Florida law enforcement and firefighting and other similar folks...the ones who need it the most. They should now enlist the help of amateurs like us.
2023-4-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 4-5 14:06
This only affects use by the professional Florida law enforcement and firefighting and other similar folks...the ones who need it the most. They should now enlist the help of amateurs like us.

Some very interesting background on this:
2023-4-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-5 15:30
Some very interesting background on this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTcD1bWCjXI

Watching this video should make something very obvious. The current Florida administration is not the least bit interested in logic or proof. Everything initiated is done to satisfy one particular segment of our society and unfortunately nothing is going to stop it. Just watch as Pedro's nose grows longer and longer ;-)
2023-4-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

an interesting point of view:

2023-4-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-5 19:59
an interesting point of view:

This conservative guy sums up my exact feelings about how my birth home Florida has screwed up majorly. I am ashamed for my state and I do appreciate the many jokes about Florida idiocy. I agree with them all. "We" are idiots and finally I am in the 1% ...... who disagrees with the rest ;-)
2023-4-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 4-5 13:37
Let's just get it out of the way, every government spies.  It's what they do.  But blocking consumer and prosumer stuff isn't going to help anyone except for the north american manufacturers.

Well said Tony.  

2023-4-6
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Sometimes I wonder what would be like, if the opposite would happen...

China decide tomorrow to stop 100% of their export to the US.. Everything and I mean everything they produce that get export to the US...

If they did it to us, we would be in serious troubles within a week I would say... It is a dangerous game to play...
2023-4-6
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

As long as it doesn’t impact hobbyists… sucks for DJI though.  All that holding out on the consumer Mavic 3 SDK for the “enterprise market” and now this… great choice at putting your consumer customers last on that one!

Florida is an embarrassing place to fly anyways. It all looks the same unless you’re on a beach. Flat, swampy and covered with shopping centers.  Just when I think “Wow, that’s a good video” then upload it and navigate back to the feed and see the rest of the world’s drone videos and compare to the others it hurts a little.  
2023-4-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 4-6 03:40
Sometimes I wonder what would be like, if the opposite would happen...

China decide tomorrow to stop 100% of their export to the US.. Everything and I mean everything they produce that get export to the US...

Well that would be very bad for China since we are their biggest customer. Business suicide, not likely. They are very scrutable ;-)
2023-4-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronethemoment Posted at 4-6 03:43
As long as it doesn’t impact hobbyists… sucks for DJI though.  All that holding out on the consumer Mavic 3 SDK for the “enterprise market” and now this… great choice at putting your consumer customers last on that one!

Florida is an embarrassing place to fly anyways. It all looks the same unless you’re on a beach. Flat, swampy and covered with shopping centers.  Just when I think “Wow, that’s a good video” then upload it and navigate back to the feed and see the rest of the world’s drone videos and compare to the others it hurts a little.

Good. I am glad you think so. That leaves more for we Florida natives to enjoy without useless tourists. No matter how I try though I can't stop you guys from coming here. Please stop....and that goes for your parents too ;-)

2023-4-8
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 4-8 20:34
Well that would be very bad for China since we are their biggest customer. Business suicide, not likely. They are very scrutable ;-)

Dream on...
2023-4-9
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 4-8 20:42
Good. I am glad you think so. That leaves more for we Florida natives to enjoy without useless tourists. No matter how I try though I can't stop you guys from coming here. Please stop....and that goes for your parents too ;-)
real Florida

Completely with you on that.
2023-4-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yesterday I called my local police station and talked to a rep there and I said I would like to donate my 2 mostly unused MA2 and MA2s drones to his force. He said he would get back to me soon. An hour later he called back and said they could only sell my donated DJI drones and TRY to buy the "approved" ones! We both laughed a bit. I said...well call me if you need some aerial surveillance "help" from a concerned citizen who would fly over any area you need for investigation at any time of day or night..... long pause..... Sure, thanks Gary.
2023-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules