Camera test M2Pro M3 M3C
972 6 2023-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rostyan
lvl.1

Ukraine

I did an experiment, took photos from three drones of several scenes with the same settings. Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 classic. To make a long story short: 2 Pro takes better pictures.
Combined all in one table.
Did the tests on the same settings at the same time, and several times with different ISO, aperture, shutter speed. Everywhere the same situation. On 3 and 3c I got approximately the same result, but 3c is a bit more blurry in all scenarios (maybe there is something wrong with my copy specifically, but not the point).
Some artifacts on the grid and on the text, as if the neural network was guessing. The 2 pro has a slightly different focal length (somewhere x1.1 zoom comes out relative to the 2 and 2c), but not by that much. Has anyone had this problem? Is this normal?

Camera_test

Camera_test
2023-4-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As a Mavic 2 pro owner this pleases me.   thank you.
2023-4-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

It appears from your test that the M2P does take better pictures.
2023-4-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Great if you get off on images of test charts, but what difference does this make for actual photos of actual subjects.
2023-4-7
Use props
Rostyan
lvl.1

Ukraine

Labroides Posted at 4-7 07:10
Great if you get off on images of test charts, but what difference does this make for actual photos of actual subjects.

There is a difference, and a very noticeable one. Even if it doesn't embarrass you artistically, it should raise questions technically. Why does the newer camera shoot worse? This is a question of principle. Why did DJI allow such a reduction in photo quality, while the photo size has increased by 1.5-2 times? Yes, in the dark areas of the image the photos taken by M2Pro are a bit noisier, but the reliability and quality of detail is much higher. What the hell is that?
I noticed the difference in my work photos right away. I can only hope it's a software flaw and it will be fixed soon.
2023-4-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Rostyan Posted at 4-8 21:48
There is a difference, and a very noticeable one. Even if it doesn't embarrass you artistically, it should raise questions technically. Why does the newer camera shoot worse? This is a question of principle. Why did DJI allow such a reduction in photo quality, while the photo size has increased by 1.5-2 times? Yes, in the dark areas of the image the photos taken by M2Pro are a bit noisier, but the reliability and quality of detail is much higher. What the hell is that?
I noticed the difference in my work photos right away. I can only hope it's a software flaw and it will be fixed soon.

Even if it doesn't embarrass you artistically, it should raise questions technically. Why does the newer camera shoot worse?
I'd like to know how whatever it is that you think you are demonstrating affects real photographers taking real photos of real subjects.
I haven't noticed anything "worse" in my work with the Mavic 3, neither have my clients.
Perhaps you could get out and photograph something real rather than test charts and get back to us showing how bad the results are with such an inferior camera.
2023-4-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

1 and 2 look best (M2P and M3P) to me
2023-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now