3193 20 2023-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SoNicK64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111703 ft
Netherlands

Hi All,

I'm Niek from the Netherlands and have an awesome AVATA with Goggles 2 and controller 2.
Really happy with my purchase and the AVATA performs great.

But, just as many others i experience a lot of blurryness in the corners of the Goggles 2, the image is cristal clear and sharp but in the corners i can't read important information about a battery or flight info.

Can't DJI make the OSD less wide so important info stayes in focus, think there is room enough to do so. Don't think either it will be that difficult to programm it.
Would even be more great if you could change the looks of the OSD the way you like it.

I have made a photoshop comparison how it could look like.

Regards Niek

Goggles 2 OSD

Goggles 2 OSD
2023-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we will forward your feedback to the corresponding team for further confirmation.
2023-4-7
Use props
SoNicK64
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-7 02:29
Hi there, we will forward your feedback to the corresponding team for further confirmation.

Thank you Mindy, for the fast response.

Hope to here the follow up, and if my question is realizable.

Regards, Niek
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SoNicK64 Posted at 4-7 03:24
Thank you Mindy, for the fast response.

Hope to here the follow up, and if my question is realizable.

Hi, may I ask if the photo is a screenshot from the Goggles 2? Please adjust the goggles’ interpupillary distance to see if the issue still exists. If so, please provide us with a screen recording for further confirmation.
2023-4-8
Use props
SoNicK64
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi Mindy,
the Photo is from the recording and photoshopped by as an example.

The recordings are fine and sharp from edge to edge and cristal clear in the corners.

It's what I see in the goggles when looking trough them. I tried everything with pupillary distance and dioptry to get them right, but when I see the corners sharp the center is blurry and vise versa.

I gave the goggles to several people and let them change the pupillary distance and dioptry to match their eyesight but all experience the same, blurry corners.

I can life with the fact that the corners are blurry, but that i can't read important flight info is bothering me.

Just keep the flight info out of the corners and more in the center will make a lot of users happy and more safe.

Regards, Niek
2023-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SoNicK64 Posted at 4-8 03:01
Hi Mindy,
the Photo is from the recording and photoshopped by as an example.

Thanks for the confirmation. Could you please follow the steps below to record a camera view for our further check?
1. Switch on the "Camera View Recording" button on the DJI Goggles 2, 「the path is Settings>Camera>Advanced Camera Settings>Camera View Recording」.
2. Swipe down from the top of the touch panel to enter the shortcut menu, then start recording. DJI Goggles 2 will record the on-screen display.
2023-4-9
Use props
SoNicK64
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi Mindy,
I think you don't understand what I mean.
Goggles are fine, recordings are fine, OSD texts and info are fine. It's my eyes that can't see sharp in the corners. DJI can't help with my vision, but if DJI could make de OSD info more to the center, then I can read the OSD, because it's not in the corners anymore.

Did you send my first message with the image to the corresponding team? They probably know what i mean, and this simple OSD fix would please many people.

Regards, Niek
2023-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SoNicK64 Posted at 4-9 01:53
Hi Mindy,
I think you don't understand what I mean.
Goggles are fine, recordings are fine, OSD texts and info are fine. It's my eyes that can't see sharp in the corners. DJI can't help with my vision, but if DJI could make de OSD info more to the center, then I can read the OSD, because it's not in the corners anymore.

Since you mentioned that this picture is a screenshot of Goggles 2, generally, the screen recording will show the same as the screenshot. But you mentioned the recording is fine, therefore we want to have a screen recording for further confirmation. May I ask do you mean the screenshot and screen recording is different? Do you mean the screenshot shows blurry OSD, but the screen recording shows clear OSD?
2023-4-9
Use props
SoNicK64
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi Mindy,
never said I made a screenshot. I made a photoshop image myself to show you what I mean with the blurry corners. It's an example of how I see my screen while looking trough the goggles and how it could look like when the OSD info is not in the corners. I will say again, the goggles are fine, the recordings are fine. It's the view trough the lenses of the goggles that is blurred in the corners.

You could google this issue and find many people having this problem.

Doesn't make sense to make a recording with the goggles, because they are fine.

2023-4-9
Use props
tompajo
lvl.1

Sweden

Niek, I have the exact same problem. It seems like the girl from dji haven't used the googles.
2023-4-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SoNicK64 Posted at 4-9 03:06
Hi Mindy,
never said I made a screenshot. I made a photoshop image myself to show you what I mean with the blurry corners. It's an example of how I see my screen while looking trough the goggles and how it could look like when the OSD info is not in the corners. I will say again, the goggles are fine, the recordings are fine. It's the view trough the lenses of the goggles that is blurred in the corners.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We consulted your issue with our engineers. Please check whether the Audience mode or Focus mode is enabled. If not, since your issue can not be further determined remotely, we recommend you send it back for further diagnosis.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair?from=store_homepage
2023-4-11
Use props
SoNicK64
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-11 22:54
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We consulted your issue with our engineers.  Please check whether the Audience mode or Focus mode is enabled. If not, since your issue can not be further determined remotely, we recommend you send it back for further diagnosis.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair?from=store_homepage

Sending it back isn't gonna help, goggles are fine.
Internet and this forum is full with customers complaining about blurry corners and bad readability of OSD info in the left and right corners, it's the design of the goggles with the wide screen that makes it impossible for us to get the corners clear in focus.
That the corners are blurry when we look trough the goggles isn't that much of an issue, our focus in flight will always be in the center anyway.

BUT, that we can't read the important flight info in those corners is bothering us.
My question was, if it would be possible (think it is) to keep the flight info out of those blurry corners and project it more in the bottom center.

I'm getting the feeling that you don't want to understand what we are experiencing here.
Put the goggles 2 on (you work at DJI right?) and see for yourself what we mean.

Still think this isn't communicated with your engineers, because they are probably already familiar with this issue. (i'm not the only one complaining).

I read that people send there Goggles back because of this issue while it could be fixed.
DJI would have more satisfied customers and make more revenue.

Regards,
Niek

2023-4-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SoNicK64 Posted at 4-12 04:43
Internet and this forum is full with customers complaining about blurry corners and bad readability of OSD info in the left and right corners, it's the design of the goggles with the wide screen that makes it impossible for us to get the corners clear in focus.
That the corners are blurry when we look trough the goggles isn't that much of an issue, our focus in flight will always be in the center anyway.

First, the answer to your question whether you can adjust the OSD position on DJI Goggles 2 is no,
Second, to your question about why we insist you send the DJI Goggles 2 back, the reason is that:
1.  DJI Mindy and I went through the troubleshooting steps with you. However, the information you provided is not enough for us.
2. Based on the information, we consulted with our engineers and of course, we could not reproduce the issue from our side so that we mentioned your issue can not be further verified remotely.
3. As you said, the recordings are fine and the DJI Goggles 2 are fine but the vision in your eyes looks exactly like the photoshopped picture. We do not know how to check the problem you said even though we really want to help you.
Moreover, we would like to know whether the Audience mode or Focus mode is enabled. Would you please tell us your feedback?
We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-4-12
Use props
Robino
lvl.3

Slovakia

SoNicK64 Posted at 4-12 04:43

I admire your patience. Those Dji girls are completely gone, they don't understand anything. It is like a bad joke to read their words. They simply don't have the experience and never had a goggles 2 on their faces. Otherwise they would know...

Off topic: They tried to persude me that my O3 air unit is faulty because I had "Goggles battery overheated" warning shown on the screen. I said them the O3 air unit has no battery. They send me wiring diagram to prove there is an input voltage. I said, yes there is voltage coming from a BEC but O3 air unit has no chance to know what the BEC temperature is. There is no sensor on it. They couldn't understand it. I was amazed.

I am making my own custom face mask. I found out it could help to see the screen much clearer. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 5&page=1#pid3020493

2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Robino Posted at 4-13 02:17
I admire your patience. Those Dji girls are completely gone, they don't understand anything. It is like a bad joke to read their words. They simply don't have the experience and never had a goggles 2 on their faces. Otherwise they would know...

Off topic: They tried to persude me that my O3 air unit is faulty because I had "Goggles battery overheated" warning shown on the screen. I said them the O3 air unit has no battery. They send me witing diagram to prove there is an input voltage. I said, yes there is voltage coming from a BEC but O3 air unit has no chance to know what the BEC temperature is. There is no sensor on it. They couldn't understand it. I was amazed.

Hi, Robino. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. About your issue, we will check it first.
Hope you can understand that we take each issue seriously and will treat it case by case.
If you have any questions about the issue you encountered. Please let me know.
2023-4-13
Use props
Robino
lvl.3

Slovakia

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-13 04:42
Hi, Robino. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. About your issue, we will check it first.
Hope you can understand that we take each issue seriously and will treat it case by case.
If you have any questions about the issue you encountered. Please let me know.

Hi Wanda, I do not need anything.
2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Robino Posted at 4-13 05:15
Hi Wanda, I do not need anything.

Sorry for the late response. We saw that you had questions about the response we gave to you before.
They tried to persude me that my O3 air unit is faulty because I had "Goggles battery overheated" warning shown on the screen. I said them the O3 air unit has no battery. They send me wiring diagram to prove there is an input voltage. I said, yes there is voltage coming from a BEC but O3 air unit has no chance to know what the BEC temperature is. There is no sensor on it. They couldn't understand it. I was amazed.
We will consult with our engineers again. Please feel free to talk if you have any questions.
2023-4-13
Use props
VladimirTalijan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75640 ft
United States

LOL I just bought the Goggles 2 and I have exactly the same problem with blurry edges. I've always thought of DJI as an out of box thinking company which is very rare for a Chinese company, but their customer service is like a 6 month old company selling $5 items

I'm not even sure that replacing it with Googles V2 is the solution so I will be returning everything back until they make a proper set of goggles.
2023-11-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

VladimirTalijan Posted at 11-19 17:12
LOL  I just bought the Goggles 2 and I have exactly the same problem with blurry edges. I've always thought of DJI as an out of box thinking company which is very rare for a Chinese company, but their customer service is like a 6 month old company selling $5 items  

I'm not even sure that replacing it with Googles V2 is the solution so I will be returning everything back until they make a proper set of goggles.

Hi there, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. May I double confirm if you are having the exact experience as the OP had?
Please try to adjust the goggles’ interpupillary distance and check if it is related. If it is possible, please also try to compare it with others in the local retail store. If it has a great difference, please take a picture and provide it to me for further confirmation.
I will also forward your feedback to the engineers for their attention if it is the same with other Goggles after you check at the local retail store. Thank you very much.
2023-11-20
Use props
Christian Sterneborn
lvl.1

Sweden

VladimirTalijan Posted at 11-19 17:12
LOL  I just bought the Goggles 2 and I have exactly the same problem with blurry edges. I've always thought of DJI as an out of box thinking company which is very rare for a Chinese company, but their customer service is like a 6 month old company selling $5 items  

I also got the same issue. A new osd layout is the best option i think. In my case its the facemask that is wrong fit. The left down corner is blurry and the rest is sharp. Its little strange that dji havent notice this because sounds like many people have the same problem with this...
2023-11-29
Use props
Kstar
New

United States

I just want to confirm that I am yet another user with the same exact issue and complaint with these DJI googles 2 having blurry edges.
Support please try on a pair of these googles and try adjusting the IPD just right so that you see no blurry edges in either eye. If your shift the IPD wide or narrow there seems to always be a blurry edge.
A simple fix for this goggle would have been to make the lenses slightly larger to allow for some variability between users faces. Not every eye sits as deep in the socket as another.
Sure we have IPD.. even a -8, +2 corrective adjustment available. Yet we still have this issue that multiple customers complained about now, on multiple threads. This issue is simply here because there is no expected variability in the distance of the eye to the lens in the google. This would have most easily been evaded by using the same wider lenses in the goggles V2 instead of a perfectly round lens... Or else making it just larger in general if you guys wanted these lenses to be different and round.
I switched to digital from analog. I was even considering the new DJI Avata 2. My disappointment with this failure in design, the lack of support, the lack of understanding of this complaint, are a strong detour in considering another DJI product again.
29 mins ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules