AGRAS T30 + NTRIP
704 4 2023-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OTAVIO.SILVA
lvl.2
Brazil

Hello there!

I am using the setup (T30+RTK via NTRIP). For isolated areas I am connected to a starlink router, which gives me a solid link wherever I am for way lower price than buying a basestation.

We were able to connect to our server and get the centimeter accuracy for mapping but couldn't actually spray using RTK orientation.

The remote operates at centimeter level, NTRIP connection is solid but the aircraft itself won't get RTK signal ready. I've waited for something about 5 minutes to check and it would not change.
Other than that, wait soo long for gps fix in between flights is not makeable on a daily basis.

A second question that I have is about the mapping itself. As long as I get farther enough from the starlink router until I get offline, will I still be able to keep mapping even with lower accuracy or I will get any sort of error? I attached a picture to illustrate the situation.It would be fine if decreases the accuracy because at least we would get a few solid points near to wifi and avoid relevant map drifting between seasons but it would be useless if cut off mapping in midway.

I am always testing whatever solution that is possible but during season it becomes too little gaps in between tasks to perform any tests.

After all, I would ask you guys this 2 main questions:

1-) How long it takes to get GPS RTK ready for flying the aircraft once is turned on? (both Positioning + Orientation modes)
2-) How does the RC operate once it loses network in the middle of a mapping?

Thanks in advance

-> not my picture but I am able to get the same accuracy on the RC.

-> that's the scheme related to the 2nd question, to illustrate the question.

2023-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we will confirm with the corresponding team and get back to you asap.
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi there, thanks for your patience. We got an update from our engineer:
1. According to the network and environmental conditions, the search for satellites generally takes between 30s and 180s, please ensure that the antenna is not blocked.
2. After connecting to the network, wait for the RTK positioning (RTK FIX) before field planning and work
2023-4-11
Use props
OTAVIO.SILVA
lvl.2
Brazil

Hello Mindy, thanks for replying. Unfortunatelly I was not able to step forward with any of the matters.

For de 1st question, I could not manage it to work even waiting way longer than the 180 seconds indicated. I also tried it at somewhere with 3 differente sources of internet (starlink, 4gLTE and regular DSL). For whatever source I've tried, It was possible to get correction for RC but the aircraft never found enough signal. BTW antenna is not obstructed by anything and also RC itself gets RTK even while placed under the Drone. Radar/GPS systems does not flag any kind of error message and I can fly over RTK Positioning without problems, that shows up only when its requested for RTK orientation.
Am I missing any extra step other than these that I am going through?

For the 2nd question, I was able to perform some testing and found out that it is not possible to keep setting waypoints once You've lost the wifi link between router and RC. As expeted RTK precision error starts to raise until reach GNSS standards but it is not even possible to keep mapping with GNSS midway until returns to NTRIP coverage. Too sad because NTRIP turns useless  if you can not either do some mapping hybrid with RTK and GNSS points placed and the aircraft also can not be used for mapping since RTK orientation will not work as well.
Once again, is there anything I should be doing along the way or even upgrading for any specific FW to get it to work?

Thanks,

VIDEO 1: RTK NTRIP Running at RC and start mapping: https://youtube.com/shorts/IAyJJQ7cMNM?feature=share (ps p4pro RC has nothing to do with the context, I was just mapping an area while testing)

VIDEO 2: Can not keep mapping  https://youtube.com/shorts/hs9xY1tgsfQ?feature=share

2023-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OTAVIO.SILVA Posted at 4-20 10:50
Hello Mindy, thanks for replying. Unfortunatelly I was not able to step forward with any of the matters.

For de 1st question, I could not manage it to work even waiting way longer than the 180 seconds indicated. I also tried it at somewhere with 3 differente sources of internet (starlink, 4gLTE and regular DSL). For whatever source I've tried, It was possible to get correction for RC but the aircraft never found enough signal. BTW antenna is not obstructed by anything and also RC itself gets RTK even while placed under the Drone. Radar/GPS systems does not flag any kind of error message and I can fly over RTK Positioning without problems, that shows up only when its requested for RTK orientation.

1. We do not support providing differential signals to the aircraft and the RTK dongle at the same time when the remote controller uses an RTK dongle. We will only provide one of the devices.
You can directly take off the RTK dongle, just fly the aircraft, keep the aircraft in an open place, and go to "Settings"-"RTK Settings" in the "Execute Operation" interface to connect to NTRIP RTK.
If you still can't connect, please provide a complete test video.

2. If there is no network of the remote controller, it will indeed exit the RTK fix status. At this time, the positioning error will be very large, and the planning operation cannot be continued; it is necessary to wait for the RTK FIX before process the plot.
This is generally because you are too far away from the third-party signal transmitter, you can raise the signal transmitter to ensure that the signal can be transmitted stably.

As for the limitation you mentioned in your second question, we cannot use RTK positioning + GNSS positioning at the same time during planning. This is because GNSS generally has meter-level deviations, and RTK is centimeter-level. If we allow the use of GNSS set points, the accuracy of the whole plot dropped from centimeter level to meter level, then RTK is meaningless.
2023-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules