Lost connection several times after update firmware Mini 3 Pro
5101 15 2023-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gabriel Lehto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1318438 ft
Brazil

Yesterday I updateded the firmware of my Mini 3 Pro to 01.00.0500 and the RC also to 01.02.0600.

Today I was fly and all was going ok.. when I decide use cine mode and pressed recording.. and after I while I returned to normal mode...  The drone was aprox. 250m far way and aprox. 60m of altitude and the drone suddelly disconected from RC.

Thank god and DJI the drone returned to home point.

After that the drone disconected several times from the RC.

I tried now again... and in less than a minute the drone disconected from RC..
The RC shows that the signal is going weak until disconect from the Mini 3 Pro.. This without flying it.

What can been happing?

What should I do to fix that issue?

Thank you!
Gabriel Lehto

2023-4-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Gabriel. Thank you for reaching out. The main factors that affect the image transmission distance are firmware, signal transmitter power, attenuation, obstruction, and electromagnetic interference. I’ll troubleshoot for you step by step. Please rest assured.

1. Check the aircraft image transmission distance in your country.
2. Check if the aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, and app versions are the latest. If not, please update the firmware to the latest versions first.
3. Check the remote controller antenna position. Please place your remote controller antenna in the optimal position.

DJI RC:

RC-N1:

4. Keep note of tree and house obstructions near the flying field. After flying for a period, note the obstruction near the horizontal line to ensure that there are no visible obstructions in the aircraft's direction.

5. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment. Please turn on the Image Transmission Settings to check the real-time channel quality. Or provide a screenshot or a recorded video to for us to see significant interference. If the interference is significant, we recommend changing the flight environment. Common electromagnetic interference sources include but are not limited to Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage power lines, high-voltage transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and television broadcasting towers.

If the issue persists after following the steps above, kindly provide us a video of the operation together with the screenshot of the About page showing the RC firmware, Aircraft firmware, and App version. Thank you for your kind understanding and valued support.
2023-4-7
Use props
SnitserNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2372014 ft
Netherlands

I had the same issue with my Mini 2 this week in an open (rural) area where hardly any disturbance is possible. It started after the last firmware update. Could there be an issue with that update?
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SnitserNL Posted at 4-7 10:41
I had the same issue with my Mini 2 this week in an open (rural) area where hardly any disturbance is possible. It started after the last firmware update. Could there be an issue with that update?

Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing such issues with your DJI Mini 2. Kindly try refreshing the firmware of the drone, and follow the steps posted by DJI Gamora above. If the issue remains, please let us  know. Thank you.
2023-4-7
Use props
Gabriel Lehto
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-7 01:42
Hi, Gabriel. Thank you for reaching out. The main factors that affect the image transmission distance are firmware, signal transmitter power, attenuation, obstruction, and electromagnetic interference. I’ll troubleshoot for you step by step. Please rest assured.

1. Check the aircraft image transmission distance in your country.

Thank you DJI Gamora!

Actually I used to fly more than 15 years with my DJI Drones.. My first one was Phantom 3 Pro.

So, I used to know about that.. but in this case is very weird... because the RC is lost the signal with the drone 2m far way from it... I

And this start after I updated the firmware.. and during one flight.

I was flying and all was right.. very reliable.. But when I change for Cine Mode and start to record... and the drone was to slow.. so I decide to return it to Normal Mode.. while recording... after that I lost the sinal in some seconds.

The signal was lost completely and even when the drone returned the RC didn't contect with the drone...

So, I test it in my house (indoor) and the RC even standing 1-2m from the drone it connects and after some seconds disconnect from the Mini 3 Pro... even I didn't nothing with it... the is very weird.

Never I experienced anything like this.

I have the Mini 3 Pro that was the older firmware and I'll do tests changing its RC control with the other mini 3 Pro to see if can be a RC problem ou if can be a drone issue..

Anyway, is there a was to return the previous firmware for the RC and for the drone?

Thank you so much!
2023-4-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Gabriel Lehto Posted at 4-9 19:56
Thank you DJI Gamora!

Actually I used to fly more than 15 years with my DJI Drones.. My first one was Phantom 3 Pro.

Hi, Gabriel. Thanks for the reply. Regretfully, there's no option to downgrade the firmware version of Mini 3 Pro since the previous firmware versions have been removed from the server of DJI Assistant 2. If the above troubleshooting steps did not resolve the issue, please try the following steps below:

• Please refresh the firmware of the drone using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). You may download it from this link: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-3-pro).

• Please relink the drone and RC. Just go to the Image Transmission Screen > click the three dots on the upper right side (•••) > Control > Scroll all the way down to see this at the bottom part of the page:

• For the flight speed, you may try adjusting the speed for Cine Mode by going to (•••) > Control > Gain and Expo Tuning. Try to use max speed to see if there's any difference. Please make sure to fly in an open area.

Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-4-10
Use props
SnitserNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2372014 ft
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 4-7 23:53
Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing such issues with your DJI Mini 2. Kindly try refreshing the firmware of the drone, and follow the steps posted by DJI Gamora above. If the issue remains, please let us  know. Thank you.

I refreshed the firmware this week and checked this afternoon if this would work for me, and it did! I did not have any issues anymore.
Thanks for the assistance.
2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SnitserNL Posted at 4-14 11:01
I refreshed the firmware this week and checked this afternoon if this would work for me, and it did! I did not have any issues anymore.
Thanks for the assistance.

That's great news! We're glad to know the concern has been resolved. Please reach us back here should you have other concerns. Have a nice day!
2023-4-15
Use props
djiuser_CKqMBDg5MYBx
New

Germany

I’m having the exact same issue as Gabriel. I did the latest firmware update and now it has difficulties to connect to the drone even when in 1m of a distance.
2023-5-17
Use props
djiuser_EkdA49URbjhv
New

Austria

Hello, i need help, i bought the dji mini3 pro with rc and i always lost connection after 100-200 meters? How i can fix this issue? I am really sad about this Product. My last drone was the mavic pro and i never had connection Problems. Pls help me
2023-7-18
Use props
Gabriel Lehto
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-10 00:52
Hi, Gabriel. Thanks for the reply. Regretfully, there's no option to downgrade the firmware version of Mini 3 Pro since the previous firmware versions have been removed from the server of DJI Assistant 2. If the above troubleshooting steps did not resolve the issue, please try the following steps below:

• Please refresh the firmware of the drone using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). You may download it from this link: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-3-pro).

Hi DJI Gamora!

My issue continues..

But today I noticed that when I selected manually just 2.4Ghz frequency the signal keep very stable and strong..
And when I changed to automatically or just 5.8Ghz the signal was very weak and it disconnected from the Mini 3 Pro.. even standing very near from teh drone.

Do you think that this is a physical issue or a software ones?

Remembering that the drone was perfect until the firmware update.

I updated it again recently .. but this issue persists.

Can I fly just with 2.4Ghz without problems or this can be dangerous?

How I could solve this issue definitely?

Thank you and have a great week!!
2023-7-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Gabriel Lehto Posted at 7-23 19:33
Hi DJI Gamora!

My issue continues..

Hi, Gabriel. If the signal will be disconnected when you manually switched to the 5.8GHz band, that means the current test environment has relatively large interference in the 5.8GHz frequency band. It is recommended to use the dual-band and "Auto" modes:

These settings will automatically help you choose the frequency band and channel with the least interference.
2023-7-25
Use props
geopyr
lvl.1
Greece

Is my drone destroyed after the latest update?
Never had problems. Now, i just cant stay connected more than 5 seconds.
These 3 screenshots are taken within a time of 15 secs. From Permitted to orange then red!
Should i buy another drone or is there any solution?
Screenshot_20240211_141808_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20240211_141754_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20240211_141739_Video Player.jpg
2-11 04:22
Use props
fans9d018faf
lvl.1
Greece

geopyr Posted at 2-11 04:22
Is my drone destroyed after the latest update?
Never had problems. Now, i just cant stay connected more than 5 seconds.
These 3 screenshots are taken within a time of 15 secs. From Permitted to orange then red!
[Image]

And yes, i have re-paired my rc to the drone
2-11 04:23
Use props
fans9d018faf
lvl.1
Greece

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-4-10 00:52

Assistance 2 is a pdf file according to your link
This is going to solve the problem?
2-11 06:46
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans9d018faf Posted at 2-11 06:46
Assistance 2 is a pdf file according to your link
This is going to solve the problem?

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience that it may cause you. You may try to refresh both the firmware of the aircraft and the remote controller via DJI Assistant 2. You may download and install the software by simply visiting this link. After refreshing/updating the firmware of your aircraft and remote controller, you may perform the remote controller linking again as well for further testing. I hope this information helps.
2-16 00:32
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules