Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AvroTrain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375318 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,
I am considering getting the RC controller due to price. What are the opinions about this remote? Currently use an IPAD 5 but brightness is often an issue. Flying Air2S and Mavic 3 Pro

Thanks!
2023-4-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Probably going to irritate some people, but the RC is a joke. It has an underpowered processor and little to recommend it other than the substandard screen. Save up and get the RC Pro.
2023-4-6
Use props
AvroTrain
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-6 15:59
Probably going to irritate some people, but the RC is a joke. It has an underpowered processor and little to recommend it other than the substandard screen. Save up and get the RC Pro.

I've read that also. Appears to have more NITS (Brightness?) than my iPad. Sadly I dont do a lot of droning. I actually fly airplanes for a bigger flying fix.
2023-4-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for your attention toward DJI products. DJI RC was rolled out to reduce consumer costs on the basis of DJI RC-N1’s control with mobile phones. With DJI RC, users can fly their aircraft immediately after powering on, without connecting it to a mobile device and debugging. In addition, the product design is more simplified in terms of systems, ports, and buttons, but without compromising its control experience.

If you are looking at the difference between the DJI RC and DJI RC Pro for your DJI Air 2s and DJI Mavic 3, you may refer to the information below (Please note that DJI RC Pro is not compatible with DJI Mavic Air 2):

1. The DJI RC does not have a 5D Button. With a simplified design, its Flight Pause Button and Return to Home (RTH) Button are one and the same button.
2. The DJI RC does not have additional internal storage.
3. The DJI RC does not support the installation of third-party apps.
4. The DJI RC does not support outdoor mode.

5. Button: The DJI RC Pro has a 5D button, Back button/Fn, and C3 button, and the DJI RC does not have these buttons.
6. Performance: The DJI RC Pro processor has a robust performance and a large storage capacity and supports the installation of third-party apps. The DJI RC, however, does not.
7. Control: DJI RC Pro has a Hall spring joystick for greater accuracy and a smoother feeling. However, the DJI RC only has a potentiometer spring rocker.
8. DJI RC Pro supports the downloading, viewing, management and direct sharing of original videos. However, in DJI RC, the microSD card needs to be inserted to download all non-10 bit 4K and below videos and photos (the DJI RC firmware should be updated to v01.02.0000), and only 1080p videos can be played.
2023-4-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you want an all in one solution,  that light and convent than the RC is great,  I do a lot of walking and the weight saved from the over the heavier controllers is well appreciated.
2023-4-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

If it fits your budget go for the RC Pro.  I love mine and the 1,000 Nit display works great in the Florida sun.  I like that I can put 3rd party Apps on it like UAV Forecast, etc and it has HDMi out that I've used several times.  The processor is much faster on the Pro vs the RC.  I've tested signal strength and the RC Pro seems to maintain signal strength much better than the RC.  
2023-4-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

For the price, it is a good deal, and definitely more enjoyable to use than the N1(especially weight wise).

What do you use to fly your planes?

If this can help, the RC pro is like the Futaba, while the RC is more like the Spektrum. Both good radio but not on the same league. That's also why you have such huge difference in prices...

The DJI RC is a good radio and I use it all the time with the Mini 3 pro, but I didn't feel comfortable using it with the Mavic 3 (as far as hardware capabilities)

2023-4-7
Use props
AvroTrain
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 4-7 05:02
For the price, it is a good deal, and definitely more enjoyable to use than the N1(especially weight wise).

What do you use to fly your planes?
I use Ipad5 mini which for most part is solid side from a brightness .
2023-4-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Here is the response from DJI Wanda and a link to the whole thread -
"In your case, you enable Focus Peaking, recording, and screen-recording, three functions in total at the same time.
It will make the DJI RC overload so that it can not process it smoothly.
As we said, DJI RC has limited processing capacity compared to DJI RC Pro.
The DJI RC Pro processor has a robust performance and a large storage capacity and supports the installation of third-party apps. The DJI RC, however, does not.
Therefore, it is not a global issue from my perspective."
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=285512
2023-4-7
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-6 17:33
Hi there. Thank you for your attention toward DJI products. DJI RC was rolled out to reduce consumer costs on the basis of DJI RC-N1’s control with mobile phones. With DJI RC, users can fly their aircraft immediately after powering on, without connecting it to a mobile device and debugging. In addition, the product design is more simplified in terms of systems, ports, and buttons, but without compromising its control experience.

If you are looking at the difference between the DJI RC and DJI RC Pro for your DJI Air 2s and DJI Mavic 3, you may refer to the information below (Please note that DJI RC Pro is not compatible with DJI Mavic Air 2):

Does the RC PRO support outdoor mode?
I thought DJI took away outdoor mode ?

2023-4-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

MHM Posted at 4-7 09:36

There is no Outdoor Mode now. It is just the maximum brightness with no cute name. In auto it is bright. Much more bright than the RC.
2023-4-7
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just set the brightness level to "Auto."

See here.
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your response. Using the Outdoor mode can enhance screen contrast, and the image shown can be more clearly in direct sunlight. However, when using the latest firmware, this feature is no longer supported. We will optimize this in the future. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules