Blurry photos /Focus problem
1240 3 2023-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CokasPT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27461 ft
Portugal

I am writing this post to share an issue I am experiencing with my new drone and to seek some advice. I purchased the DJI Mini 2 SE drone last week and was impressed with the sharp photos it took on my first flight. However, on my second and subsequent flights, all my photos and videos are unsharp and blurry, which is a frustrating issue. I have checked the camera lens, and there is no dust or smudge that could be causing the problem. It appears that the focusing system is stuck on close focus, and anything beyond +60cm is out of focus. Unfortunately, the DJI Mini 2 SE does not have a manual focus feature, so I cannot adjust the focus manually. I am wondering if anyone has experienced this issue before and if there is a way to fix it via a firmware update. Or should I return the drone to the store as it is clearly not working correctly? I've attached 3 photos. First photo is very sharp as you can see. The third photo clearly shows that the lens is focusing at close distance.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ag0-N4FpI42EoDmO5JOHh_WRODY3jHTd?usp=share_link

I appreciate any suggestions and help you can provide. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, CokasPT. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We recommend you reset the camera parameter setting and then update the drone's firmware. If it's already updated, kindly try refreshing it. Please use the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). Once done, please test if the issue remains. We look forward to your update. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-4-7
Use props
CokasPT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27461 ft
Portugal

Thank you for taking the time to provide your suggestion. I have followed your advice and installed DJI Assistant 2, and I refreshed the update for both the drone and the RC controller. However, I regret to inform you that the problem I am experiencing still persists. Even after the update, the photos and videos taken by the DJI Mini 2 SE are still unsharp and blurry, with the focusing system seemingly stuck on close focus.

If you have any other suggestions or solutions that I could try, I would be grateful to hear them.
2023-4-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

CokasPT Posted at 4-8 00:15
Thank you for taking the time to provide your suggestion. I have followed your advice and installed DJI Assistant 2, and I refreshed the update for both the drone and the RC controller. However, I regret to inform you that the problem I am experiencing still persists. Even after the update, the photos and videos taken by the DJI Mini 2 SE are still unsharp and blurry, with the focusing system seemingly stuck on close focus.

If you have any other suggestions or solutions that I could try, I would be grateful to hear them.

Thanks for the update. We're afraid you may have to consider sending the drone back for further checking. You may submit a repair request at this link or contact our Customer Support at (support.dji.com) if you need assistance in submitting the case. We apologize for the inconvenience. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules