Would this break some forum rules?
1149 27 2023-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Recently, I tested the functionality of the LightCut AI One-Tap editor and created a video. For the test clips, I took multiple videos with my pistol crossbow as a subject. I was about to post the result here, but started to wonder if it would be okay or if somebody could mistake that for a some kind of a threat, or if it was against the rules in another kind of way. In the videos, I do not point at other people, animals or the camera, but there is a close-up of me pulling the trigger of the crossbow and a scene that simulates an arrow leaving the rails of the crossbow in the arrow's POV (albeit not being pointed at anything discernible).

I do realize that any kind of threats, harassment and intimidation are not allowed (and for a reason), and that has never been my intention. That is the reason why am I asking this here before posting. I know any kind of weapons are a controversy-raising subject, and see that there is a reason why not everything featuring them is allowed. I do know that there are also limitations on this on YouTube, but for what I have watched there, I would think the video I have made is somewhat similar to others that have been on YouTube, of which have been allowed to stay there.

Is there possibly a representative I could send the video to before posting it publicly, so they could determine if the content is appropriate? If so, who should I contact?

And if this is already considered against the rules, I do understand if the topic/post gets removed and will not complaint nor forcefully attempt to post the foresaid video. In that case, I would like to know if it has been considered offensive.

Thanks in advance for the reply and for the understanding!

2023-4-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe better posting this in the SERVICE/INQUIRY section with a request for a moderator to read it and respond? Or EVENTS/REGIONAL?
2023-4-7
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 4-7 12:46
Maybe better posting this in the SERVICE/INQUIRY section with a request for a moderator to read it and respond? Or EVENTS/REGIONAL?

Maybe you're right here, I'll try asking on another topic.
2023-4-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-7 22:27
Maybe you're right here, I'll try asking on another topic.

On a personal note, it probably wouldn't offend me, but then I'm not the sensitive type
2023-4-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems OK to me,  there was a gun thread once that was fine. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=246848
2023-4-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 4-7 23:15
On a personal note, it probably wouldn't offend me, but then I'm not the sensitive type

Thanks for your opinion and support Just playing it safe to be sure. I've now sent the video for DJI to determine if it can be published, will see what they will have to say about it.
2023-4-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 4-8 00:43
Seems OK to me,  there was a gun thread once that was fine. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=246848

Thanks for your insights and support

I will see what DJI will say about my video, sent a link to them as PM for them to evaluate if the video adheres to their rules.

Not entirely sure if the same rules apply with my video as with the example you provided, though. First of all, the video gives some historical information on the cannon, so it could be said that the video has documentary value, therefore making the publishing of the video easier to justify. Mine doesn't really, it is more of a demonstration of the end result the LightCut app AI editor function can provide the user with.

And second, the video you linked to features a big, ground-mounted (and I am pretty certain it is deactivated, too) cannon, while my video shows a functional, easy-to-carry-at-hand crossbow. And I am pretty certain it is easier for a civilian to get a crossbow than a full-fledged and functional cannon

But good to know that discussion about weapons per se hasn't been an offence in the rules. So thanks
2023-4-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-8 03:02
Thanks for your opinion and support  Just playing it safe to be sure. I've now sent the video for DJI to determine if it can be published, will see what they will have to say about it.

Good that you asked up front vice just posting the video.  I found that many people are very sensitive nowadays about anything weapons related.  Hopefully, since it is a demo of using Light Cut App they will allow it.
2023-4-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-8 03:19
Good that you asked up front vice just posting the video.  I found that many people are very sensitive nowadays about anything weapons related.  Hopefully, since it is a demo of using Light Cut App they will allow it.

Thought it would be safest to ask beforehand. I have noticed it's a sensitive topic, and not entirely without a reason, as unfortunately there have been many tragedies related to them. And my intention is certainly not to offend or shock. And thanks for the support and thoughts.
2023-4-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-8 03:22
Thought it would be safest to ask beforehand. I have noticed it's a sensitive topic, and not entirely without a reason, as unfortunately there have been many tragedies related to them. And my intention is certainly not to offend or shock. And thanks for the support and thoughts.

No doubt safest to ask up front.  I've NEVER been a believer in the saying of do it now and ask for forgiveness later.  Just not how I operate.  
2023-4-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-8 04:19
No doubt safest to ask up front.  I've NEVER been a believer in the saying of do it now and ask for forgiveness later.  Just not how I operate.

It usually is a better idea to play it safe in many things. There might be some exceptions, but not that often, I think.
2023-4-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-8 03:02
Thanks for your opinion and support  Just playing it safe to be sure. I've now sent the video for DJI to determine if it can be published, will see what they will have to say about it.

Keep us posted  
2023-4-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-8 12:49
It usually is a better idea to play it safe in many things. There might be some exceptions, but not that often, I think.

I'd be interested to see what DJI has to say on the video.  
2023-4-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Just got a reply, said the video itself was okay, but said that they still wouldn't recommend posting it to avoid possible negative impact. My guess is there's nothing offensive in the video itself, but the subject matter could trigger some people. I guess I'll just make another example video with a less controversial subject.
2023-4-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-9 03:47
I'd be interested to see what DJI has to say on the video.

They said the video itself was okay, but they still recommended me not to post the video to avoid possible negative impact on the forums. I guess I'll stay on the safe side and just create another example video with a less controversial subject matter.
2023-4-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-9 04:30
They said the video itself was okay, but they still recommended me not to post the video to avoid possible negative impact on the forums. I guess I'll stay on the safe side and just create another example video with a less controversial subject matter.

Probably a good idea but it is a shame since you put time and effort into making the video.  If you have it on YT send me a link via PM and I'd be happy to take a look at it.  
2023-4-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-9 04:37
Probably a good idea but it is a shame since you put time and effort into making the video.  If you have it on YT send me a link via PM and I'd be happy to take a look at it.

Well, it was a reasonably quickly-done test, so I don't feel there was that much time and effort involved. My thought was to possibly create a more fine-tuned version later on. So no need to feel too sorry about that for me. But I'll PM the video link for you. It's not on YouTube as of now, but I can send a link to it's location on Google Drive.
2023-4-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-9 04:29
Just got a reply, said the video itself was okay, but said that they still wouldn't recommend posting it to avoid possible negative impact. My guess is there's nothing offensive in the video itself, but the subject matter could trigger some people. I guess I'll just make another example video with a less controversial subject.

No worries. There are those on the forum who are all too quick to jump down your throat for anything they deem unsuitable
2023-4-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 4-9 04:52
No worries. There are those on the forum who are all too quick to jump down your throat for anything they deem unsuitable

Yeah, and it does apply elsewhere, too. Once I got a complaint when working for the church that it was wrong of me to make a sign that told people not to step on other people's graves when playing Pokémon Go. But I guess it was just trolling and laughed it off
2023-4-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-9 04:58
Yeah, and it does apply elsewhere, too. Once I got a complaint when working for the church that it was wrong of me to make a sign that told people not to step on other people's graves when playing Pokémon Go. But I guess it was just trolling and laughed it off

Yeah that's the best attitude to adopt
2023-4-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-9 04:40
Well, it was a reasonably quickly-done test, so I don't feel there was that much time and effort involved. My thought was to possibly create a more fine-tuned version later on. So no need to feel too sorry about that for me. But I'll PM the video link for you. It's not on YouTube as of now, but I can send a link to it's location on Google Drive.

Thanks.  Just viewed.  It really is a good demo for what LightCut AI Editor is capable of.  Nothing offensive about that video at all, at least in my perception.   
2023-4-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-9 05:15
Thanks.  Just viewed.  It really is a good demo for what LightCut AI Editor is capable of.  Nothing offensive about that video at all, at least in my perception.

Thanks for the support
2023-4-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-9 05:17
Thanks for the support

My pleasure.  
2023-4-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have no idea really.
2023-4-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 4-9 11:24
I have no idea really.

I got the reply from them, on one hand, they said the video itself had nothing offending per se, yet on the other hand, they still didn't recommend posting it to avoid negative feedback. Decided to create a less controversial example. Will post that one instead when I'm done.
2023-4-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 4-10 03:24
I got the reply from them, on one hand, they said the video itself had nothing offending per se, yet on the other hand, they still didn't recommend posting it to avoid negative feedback. Decided to create a less controversial example. Will post that one instead when I'm done.

Good that they at least replied!
2023-4-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 4-10 11:50
Good that they at least replied!

Yes, I do believe they had an interest in it to ensure no illegitimate material ends up on the forums.
2023-4-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 4-11 01:16
Yes, I do believe they had an interest in it to ensure no illegitimate material ends up on the forums.

That is good to hear
2023-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules