Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noebuerki
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94862 ft

Switzerland

Hey you all,

i have this Issue with my o3 Air Unit.
I have Auto-Recording turned on, therefore my whole flight is Recorded by my Goggles and my AirUnit.
The Problem is, that if i fly for about 4.5 Minutes, the AirUnit saves the Flight in 2 Videos. The first one is from TakeOff to about 4 Minutes into my Flight.
At that point, the second video starts and ends when i disarm.
The Goggles record the whole flight as one video.
Is this normal or how can this be fixed?

Kind Regards
2023-4-8
Use props
mileshkin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9266709 ft
Russia

This is due to FAT32 file system restrictions, where the size of a single file is limited to approximately 4 gigabytes, so that when copying to a disk with such a file system, you will not receive the message "File size exceeds the maximum size for this file system", although the card in the unit is formatted in exfat, where has no such limitation.
2023-4-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, noebuerki. Thank you for reaching out. This is a normal phenomenon, Please rest assured to use  The video in the SD card will be divided into many fragments, and the size of each fragment will not exceed 4GB. This is because of the FAT32 program, since the maximum supported file size is 2^32KB = 4GB, a single file cannot be larger than 4GB and must be split when beyond 4GB, otherwise the file may be lost or abnormal, or cannot be read. I hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-4-8
Use props
noebuerki
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-8 22:38
Hi, noebuerki. Thank you for reaching out. This is a normal phenomenon, Please rest assured to use  The video in the SD card will be divided into many fragments, and the size of each fragment will not exceed 4GB. This is because of the FAT32 program, since the maximum supported file size is 2^32KB = 4GB, a single file cannot be larger than 4GB and must be split when beyond 4GB, otherwise the file may be lost or abnormal, or cannot be read. I hope this helps. Thank you for your support.

Hi Gamora,
Thanks for the clarification. Its just a bit of an inconvenience...
2023-4-9
Use props
noebuerki
lvl.1

Switzerland

mileshkin Posted at 4-8 10:32
This is due to FAT32 file system restrictions, where the size of a single file is limited to approximately 4 gigabytes, so that when copying to a disk with such a file system, you will not receive the message "File size exceeds the maximum size for this file system", although the card in the unit is formatted in exfat, where has no such limitation.

I assumed the same thing regarding the 4GB limit of Fat32 but was confused when I saw the SD-Card is formatted as ExFat...
But thanks for your Help anyways
2023-4-9
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Every video camera shows the same behavior. When editing the videos, the individual parts are simply put together. they then play seamlessly.
2023-4-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

noebuerki Posted at 4-9 10:56
Hi Gamora,
Thanks for the clarification. Its just a bit of an inconvenience...

Hi, noebuerki. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please note that this is normal for FAT32. Also, we know that there are times that the videos recorded might be corrupted. This is much better than to lose the entire video. Thank you for your kind understnmading. Have a good day.
2023-4-10
Use props
fans62151093
New
Turkey

Hello, maybe the wrong place. How do I record on the SD card on the O3 Air Unit?
2023-4-15
Use props
Props
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3090846 ft
United States

fans62151093 Posted at 4-15 06:52
Hello, maybe the wrong place. How do I record on the SD card on the O3 Air Unit?

I'm nobody here, but I do know that the way you record to the SD car is to insert it. Once inserted, it will be the default memory for video recording. It may be possible to change this in the settings somewhere but the default is that the SD card is the priority once you install it. If this is not working for you, something is wrong.
2023-9-2
Use props
djiuser_BeEvLz7mliQS
New

Indonesia

Hi
I want to ask yesterday I flight with my FPV using dji o3 air unit and with googles v2 in setting goggles I already setting record both but in actual only googles have save recording and in internal o3 air unit don't have the recorded, so what should I do for fixing the problem?
Thankyou
4-21 17:06
Use props
vesh
lvl.3

Malaysia

djiuser_BeEvLz7mliQS Posted at 4-21 17:06
Hi
I want to ask yesterday I flight with my FPV using dji o3 air unit and with googles v2 in setting goggles I already setting record both but in actual only googles have save recording and in internal o3 air unit don't have the recorded, so what should I do for fixing the problem?
Thankyou

I have encounter the same issue before, kindly check if the SD card inserted in the DJI O3 Air unit, and if the Air unit has enough available storage space to save recording. If the card is full, it won't be able to save new footage. Consider formatting the SD card or using a different one with sufficient capacity.

Ensure that both the DJI O3 Air Unit and the goggles have the latest firmware versions installed. Sometimes, firmware updates can address bugs or compatibility issues that may affect recording functionality. Check the DJI website or the DJI Assistant 2 software for any available firmware updates.
4-22 01:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules