Avata locked account
2139 15 2023-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spaxs
lvl.2
Germany

Dear all,

I am stupid as hell as it seems. I bought a pre owned Avata drone and because I did not use it I sold it to another guy.

Today this guy mailed me that the drone is locked with the pre owners mail address but unfortunately I don’t have any contact to him any longer. I can prove that I payed for it by bank account and for sure I am having his real name.

What can we do to get rid of this issue now? Pls see screenshot attached.

Best, Matt

2023-4-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

matt, i don't know exactly the process but there are several threads in the forums that discuss this issue and it involves reaching out to dji to have them contact the owner and see what can be done; no guarantees.  for some people, it's a hassle and it's probably better just to refund the person you sold the drone to and get the locked drone back.  otherwise, not sure what to tell you.
2023-4-8
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

At the very least, you should be returning and refunding the purchaser.
2023-4-8
Use props
Spaxs
lvl.2
Germany

I am pretty sure the owner would remove the lock. It has been a very kindly person. My problem is that I lost his contact data. I only have his bank account number, but here in Germany nobody is allowed to provide me his data due to our privacy law.
2023-4-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Matt. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing such a concern. Please note that only the account holder has permission to unbind the drone with the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product. If you can no longer contact the previous owner, we can try to contact them for you, but we cannot guarantee the result. We'll be sending you a PM to collect some necessary details for this process. Thank you, and have a good day.
2023-4-8
Use props
Spaxs
lvl.2
Germany

Thx Tony, I have nearly everything about him but no mail or phone.
2023-4-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Spaxs Posted at 4-8 20:31
Thx Tony, I have nearly everything about him but no mail or phone.

We understand. We've sent you a PM already. Please check it when you're available. Thank you!
2023-4-8
Use props
zaban69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13520 ft

Ukraine

Hello. I want to contact its owner DJI AVATA.1581F4QWD226Q002WPBX
keenan.c*****@aptuslicservices.com
My mail zaban69@gmail.com
2023-9-13
Use props
fanse61e05df
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi. Ive got very similar situation. Just bought avata on ebay and it is locked to another account. Can You please contact account holder for me? I hope I wasn't conned by the seller and avata is legal. But if it is not then thats even bigger reason to find owner.
2023-11-3
Use props
Baatory Stefan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-8 20:28
Hi, Matt. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing such a concern. Please note that only the account holder has permission to unbind the drone with the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product. If you can no longer contact the previous owner, we can try to contact them for you, but we cannot guarantee the result. We'll be sending you a PM to collect some necessary details for this process. Thank you, and have a good day.

Hi. Any chance You could check my Avata as well? Especially if it is not lost/stolen
2023-11-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Baatory Stefan Posted at 11-5 08:57
Hi. Any chance You could check my Avata as well? Especially if it is not lost/stolen

Does the UK has some sort of database containing an official list of lost or stolen drones?

Asking DJI to check if it has been reported lost or stolen to them but just because they haven't heard doesn't mean it's not lost or stolen.

Anybody can call DJI and report the serial number listed in post #9 as stolen.
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Baatory Stefan Posted at 11-5 08:57

Hi there. You can send me the serial number via personal message and we will check it from our system. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-6
Use props
Baatory Stefan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 11-5 18:05
Does the UK has some sort of database containing an official list of lost or stolen drones?

Asking DJI to check if it has been reported lost or stolen to them but just because they haven't heard doesn't mean it's not lost or stolen.

Thats a fair point
2023-11-6
Use props
fans5abb207c
New

Nigeria

Hi
I just worn a avatar drone with the message not working because it's bounded to another email address. Kindly advise asap if to return or how can unlock it from the previous email address
2023-12-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans5abb207c Posted at 12-8 09:58
Hi
I just worn a avatar drone with the message not working because it's bounded to another email address. Kindly advise asap if to return or how can unlock it from the previous email address

return it.
2023-12-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans5abb207c Posted at 12-8 09:58
Hi

Hi there. Do you still have contact with the previous owner? If so, please inform them to unbind the account from their end using the DJI Fly app. Only the bound account can operate this function. To remove the aircraft from their account, there is no need to connect the aircraft. The path: Profile>Device Management>Account and Device>Remove the device from account. Please keep us posted. Have a great day.
2023-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules