Virtual Flight now has poor Goggle image after update to iOS 16.4
12Next >
10585 76 2023-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
777Brad
lvl.3

United States

The image is fine when I first start & am stationary.
But the moment I start moving, it turns into big, blocky pixels.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling.   Same thing.

2023-4-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, 777Brad. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. This issue was a preliminary judgment caused by the phone's compatibility issue with our goggles. We suggest to use other mobile devices to try. In the meantime, rest assured that we will help you guys to send this feedback about this issue and we will optimize this in the future. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-4-8
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1002513 ft
Poland

this is completely crazy: I have to confirm: can't practise after updating to iOS 16.4..
image quality is so bad so you can't see when you. fly... mega crap.
this is second time when DJI is not prepare to iOS users: do you remember this: DJI Virtual Flight issue (iOS 15.3.1 to 15.4.1)

"funny" is that it was exactly one year ago.
last year I remember we had to wait loooong time to recover DJI Virtual Flight functionality.
till may?

please DJI fix it again but faster than last year ...

brgds.

slavo can't fly ...
2023-4-17
Use props
777Brad
lvl.3

United States

What was the solution last time?   In quickly reading that thread, they created a revised version of Virtual Flight?
2023-4-17
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

What’s the use of a forum if DJI can’t respond and let us know what’s happening. The level of support and lack of response by DJI is absolutely pathetic.
2023-4-21
Use props
djiuser_YquYCaatVT9F
lvl.1

United States

I have same issue
2023-4-22
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

Only way to fly now:

to find apple device which OS is not 16.4.1.I borrow iPad from neighbour, because her tablet had switched off  “automatic updates” (and iOS ver = 16.0)

this way DJI virtual flight works (not on my iPhone) but works.

Now, we have to wait again (same as year ago >>> https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =261598&pid=2720893),
DJI can’t fix it quickly >>> they proof it when apple updated iOS from 15.3.1 to 15.4.1 …

so.. I decide to buy another iPhone as a "DJI Flight Simulator Console" and keep it with “no updates mode” to ensure everyday training.

It’s very sad DJI; Making another (same) mistake means you are stupid or blind...

At all I am OK now:
I have old iPad and I can fly = not waiting for yours updates anymore!
I think I should consider to buy "solid" flight simulator app like TRYP FPV : The Drone Racer Simulator

It’s works lot better

2023-4-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SlavoSpace Posted at 4-22 21:03
Only way to fly now:

to find apple device which OS is not 16.4.1.I borrow iPad from neighbour, because her tablet had switched off  “automatic updates” (and iOS ver = 16.0)

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. When DJI FPV Goggles V2/DJI Goggles 2 is used with DJI virtual flight App, the blurred picture appears partly due to the compatibility problem of mobile devices. It is suggested that you try to replace other mobile devices for testing. The problem has been reported to the engineer for analysis and optimization. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. Please refer to the suggestions posted (#8). We appreciate your understanding.
2023-4-23
Use props
djiuser_OjMEtSSwAIp8
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I too have the same issue. When are DJI planning to update the Virtual Flight App?
2023-4-24
Use props
djiuser_OjMEtSSwAIp8
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI’s suggestion that we refer to note #8… ie go and find somebody who has got an Apple device that hasn’t been updated and borrow it from them … if you can….on the off chance they’re not using it… is absolutely not an acceptable or professional solution to this problem. We are all expecting and relying on DJI to provide us with a Virtual Flight App update that corrects the post IOS 16.4 pixilation issue in our very expensive goggles v2, as soon as possible.
When will the updated the Virtual Flight App be released? I request a date please. Even an approximate date would help. Do you have any useful feed back to offer us.
2023-4-25
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

djiuser_OjMEtSSwAIp8 Posted at 4-25 00:06
DJI’s suggestion that we refer to note #8… ie go and find somebody who has got an Apple device that hasn’t been updated and borrow it from them … if you can….on the off chance they’re not using it… is absolutely not an acceptable or professional solution to this problem. We are all expecting and relying on DJI to provide us with a Virtual Flight App update that corrects the post IOS 16.4 pixilation issue in our very expensive goggles v2, as soon as possible.
When will the updated the Virtual Flight App be released? I request a date please. Even an approximate date would help. Do you have any useful feed back to offer us.

No, an admin will tell you they’re very sorry etc. Customer service after taking a lot of money from us and expect us to be sufficiently able to use an inferior product as an app is absolutely pathetic.
2023-4-26
Use props
djiuser_hMn4RAkirLth
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-8 19:00
Hi, 777Brad. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. This issue was a preliminary judgment caused by the phone's compatibility issue with our goggles. We suggest to use other mobile devices to try. In the meantime, rest assured that we will help you guys to send this feedback about this issue and we will optimize this in the future. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Hi. I also have the same problem on all of my devices. Video is fine on the phone and iPad but bad in the goggles
2023-4-30
Use props
djiuser_oU8Wc66Md1lx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 318783 ft
United States

Same problem here too. Everyday I look for an update but there’s nothing. And I don’t have access to another phone. Very frustrating. I wish DJI would give an update.
2023-4-30
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

djiuser_oU8Wc66Md1lx Posted at 4-30 20:54
Same problem here too. Everyday I look for an update but there’s nothing. And I don’t have access to another phone. Very frustrating. I wish DJI would give an update.

Agree. I want to keep using the app to build muscle memory, but knowing each time I do until this is fixed, I know it’ll be blurry and pixelated to glory, that I just don’t think I want to bother.
2023-5-1
Use props
stephanegimenez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1153780 ft
  • >>>
Jersey

Same here.. this is bad... I can't believe that there is no fix.. wow..
2023-5-2
Use props
fanse2f05f78
lvl.1

France

2023-5-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_hMn4RAkirLth Posted at 4-30 17:49
Hi. I also have the same problem on all of my devices. Video is fine on the phone and iPad but bad in the goggles

Hi, djiuser_hMn4RAkirLth. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineering team has already noticed this problem. But temporarily, we suggest you try to change other mobile devices for testing. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-5-3
Use props
arollin96227
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1526033 ft
United Kingdom

Well thats me not updating DJI Fly.
2023-5-3
Use props
djiuser_t02tmvKQ3c2h
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1099642 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same issue here. Please update the simulator now.

A good software engineer can fix this in 30 minutes.
Give me the source code and I'll do it for you.
2023-5-6
Use props
soakingwords
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192966 ft
Australia

Yep, just to add I’m getting the same issue. Seems the resolution drops drastically (to very very low quality) as soon as you start flying in this simulator. Loading screens are also appearing very low quality in goggles (on screen the app is perfectly clear and high resolution). App worked really well before update.

Thanks so much
Blessings
2023-5-7
Use props
djiuser_hw8bIfYBo5ee
New

United States

This is a major inconvenience! This kills my ability to practice which affects my ability to fly!! Cmon team let’s get this resolved !!
2023-5-7
Use props
777Brad
lvl.3

United States

As the OP, I recently plugged everything in, then I just didn't look through the goggles.    Instead, I flew looking at my phone.   It was perfect.     Too small, but perfect.
Apparently it's something about how the information gets transmitted to the goggles.

Someone else try & see how it works for you.
2023-5-8
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

The silence is deafening. Seemingly while this has been v2 of the same problem a year ago, it’s been 4 or 5 weeks now and we’ve got no indication that this is being looked at in dev and customer experience is neglect from a DJI viewpoint. The Mavic Air 3 thing is top priority it seems and those people with older drone versions have to suffer being deprioritised and removed t=from the roadmap. Massively pinged off!
2023-5-9
Use props
djiuser_OjMEtSSwAIp8
lvl.1

United Kingdom

777Brad Posted at 5-8 14:33
As the OP, I recently plugged everything in, then I just didn't look through the goggles.    Instead, I flew looking at my phone.   It was perfect.     Too small, but perfect.
Apparently it's something about how the information gets transmitted to the goggles.

Hi … as you say the phone image is fine but small, so I mirror cast it to my tv and set a chair up closer. Not perfect but the best I can do until DJI release a ‘sort the goggles’ update.
2023-5-12
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
United Kingdom

SlavoSpace Posted at 4-22 21:03
Only way to fly now:

today is 245 day after last update (28.9.2022) of DJI Virtual Flight
today is 65 "DJI Virtual Flight non working day" on iOS 16.4+ devices (27.3.2023)
in my opinion this is an world record...

2023-5-30
Use props
yummy fur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1239488 ft

Australia

Hello DJI admin,

It has been two months now and iOS 16.5 is out and the blocky goggle view problem persists.

Is there an update to this situation because this renders the virtual flight app virtually useless.
iphone 12 mini plus iOS 16.5
2023-5-31
Use props
WolfgangN
lvl.1

Germany

yummy fur Posted at 5-31 19:43
Hello DJI admin,

It has been two months now and iOS 16.5 is out and the blocky goggle view problem persists.

Also it is not working with the actual beta. DJI what happened??
2023-6-1
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

today is 247 day after last update (28.9.2022) of DJI Virtual Flight
today is 67 "DJI Virtual Flight non working day" on iOS 16.4+ devices (27.3.2023)
in my opinion this is an world record...

2023-6-1
Use props
777Brad
lvl.3

United States

Day 67 of the Virtual Flight Hostage Crisis.
This may surpass the 444 days of the Iranian Hostage Crisis.
2023-6-2
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Czechia

today is 251 day after last update (28.9.2022) of DJI Virtual Flight
today is 71 "DJI Virtual Flight non working day" on iOS 16.4+ devices (27.3.2023)

2023-6-5
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Romania

today is 259 day after last update (28.9.2022) of DJI Virtual Flight
today is 79 "DJI Virtual Flight non working day" on iOS 16.4+ devices (27.3.2023)

2023-6-13
Use props
SkyPower64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 581358 ft
Austria

But the DJI Store-App got 13 updates in the same time
2023-6-15
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

SkyPower64 Posted at 6-15 21:25
But the DJI Store-App got 13 updates in the same time

Exactly. And the flight app is left to gather dust. If it’s taken almost 3 months to fix the code, it shows the squad responsible have no idea what they’re doing and need a new PM/PO to take the lead.
2023-6-16
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

today is 264 day after last update (28.9.2022) of DJI Virtual Flight
today is 84 DJI Virtual Flight non working day on iOS 16.4+ devices (27.3.2023)

2023-6-18
Use props
Levi Zortman
New

United States

Wow. I just bought an Avata and I didn’t know about this problem. I can’t practice. Does anyone have any alternative simulator options?
2023-6-20
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

Review bombing on Steam made Gaiijin react to their player base and quickly instigate a roadmap of updates for War Thunder, which they’ve released in the last few days after receiving thousands of negative reviews about the in-game economy. I wonder what it would take to make DJI pull their finger out and actually do something!
2023-6-22
Use props
Juergen1968
lvl.1
Germany

Please dev team - fix that.
I have also bad quality with DJI Flight App in real flight now using IPhone 13 DJI Fly and so no FPV with my DJI Mini 3 Pro

2023-6-25
Use props
djiuser_KUByCUB1jqse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84452 ft
Canada

Hi i was wondering if there is a mode 4 in the sim or if there is only monde 1,2,3 cause i've learned in monde 4
2023-6-27
Use props
djiuser_T3TAoFu6hvYL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 712602 ft
United Kingdom

When will you be sorting the virtual flight issue ? This is getting to be a joke. I have spent thousands with Dji and can’t even use the simulator. This issue has been ongoing for a period  which has had ample time to resolve this issue.
2023-7-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules