Lost or stolen drone on the way to the service center.
123Next >
4337 85 2023-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

I am addressing this issue in another thread, but I want it to be seen. That's why I'm starting my own topic on it.

There was an issue with the right rear motor on my drone. I used the care refresh service and sent the device to the service center in Hungary. However, the package containing the drone did not arrive at the intended destination. It has been more than 14 days, and there has been no official statement.
Throughout this whole time, no one officially informed me about the entire case. I haven't received any statement, email, message, simply nothing.
On my way to the service center, someone stole/lost my drone, and nothing is happening? If I hadn't posted about it on this forum, there would still be silence until today? No one bothers to provide any information. Does that seem normal to you? Is it normal to lose an item of such high value, and the owner has no right to information?
What good does it do for me to learn in a post that someone will take care of it? More time goes by, and I still know absolutely nothing.
I know I'm not formulating my sentences correctly in English, but I'm upset and writing what I feel.

2023-4-9
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Is it common to deal with theft/loss through forum threads? Can't anyone send an official email with what happened? Where is this world heading...

Here are the details of the case after more than 14 days:

2023-4-9
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Ross14 Posted at 4-9 01:34
Is it common to deal with theft/loss through forum threads? Can't anyone send an official email with what happened? Where is this world heading...

Here are the details of the case after more than 14 days:

I have already replayed to your other thread...

The reason why your case hasn't moved in 14 days is because it seems that UPS lost your package and therefore DJI has never received it...

How can that be DJI fault??

You would be better off, by contacting UPS (as they have already open a case for you) and see where they are with this matter...

Hopefully they will find it...

2023-4-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 4-9 02:02
I have already replayed to your other thread...

The reason why your case hasn't moved in 14 days is because it seems that UPS lost your package and therefore DJI has never received it...

Ditto.

If I am thinking of the same thread, wasn't it also suggested that it might be stuck in customs and that he/she should try to check that?

I wonder if they did check?
2023-4-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Who arranges the shipping labels, is it from DJI or do you pay for the shipping? if its DJI then its down to DJI to contact and sort it with the courier
2023-4-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you send this to DJI via UPS?  If so, that is who you should berate.  Don't know about UPS in Europe but here in the USA I have nothing but issues with UPS losing items, items being delayed indefinitely, etc.  
2023-4-9
Use props
fans21f46d12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129514 ft
United States

It's Hungary.  Do you have tracking? Maybe it's still on an ox somewhere
2023-4-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans21f46d12 Posted at 4-9 04:55
It's Hungary.  Do you have tracking? Maybe it's still on an ox somewhere

Is that meant as a joke?
2023-4-9
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

I had a shipping label from DJI. UPS is not communicating with me. It's all about the fact that no one contacted me as a victim. If I didn't write a question here, I wouldn't know anything.If it seems like I'm ranting, yes I am, I'm really angry at how I was left out of the whole process of losing my drone for my money. If you don't mind, I do.

The drone was shipped on March 23rd, today is April 9th and I still don't know anything official, no one has notified me, no one cares about me (except for the answers in the neighboring thread).
Can anyone be surprised? What will happen to me next?

2023-4-9
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-9 03:19
Did you send this to DJI via UPS?  If so, that is who you should berate.  Don't know about UPS in Europe but here in the USA I have nothing but issues with UPS losing items, items being delayed indefinitely, etc.

Mate, they are all the same...

Last year I had a package at the Frankfurt airport under the care of DHL for 4 month before they decided to delivered (blamed Covid)

January this year I had to wait 35 days for an important document delivered to my local post office. It was sent from about 150km from here (they sent it twice up north)

And yet when I bought a camera from China, it only took 7 days with DHL... (A real nice surprise)
2023-4-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ross14 Posted at 4-9 13:41
I had a shipping label from DJI. UPS is not communicating with me. It's all about the fact that no one contacted me as a victim. If I didn't write a question here, I wouldn't know anything.If it seems like I'm ranting, yes I am, I'm really angry at how I was left out of the whole process of losing my drone for my money. If you don't mind, I do.

The drone was shipped on March 23rd, today is April 9th and I still don't know anything official, no one has notified me, no one cares about me (except for the answers in the neighboring thread).

Hi, Ross 14.
We are sorry for the belated reply.
Our relevant team is working on this problem already, we will keep you updated today, please rest assured.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know.
2023-4-9
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Burt37 Posted at 4-9 14:57

Last year I had a package at the Frankfurt airport under the care of DHL for 4 month before they decided to delivered (blamed Covid)

DHL handed over the package to the contractor, while driving to us in 40 minutes, we had to wait a week
2023-4-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ross14 Posted at 4-9 13:41
I had a shipping label from DJI. UPS is not communicating with me. It's all about the fact that no one contacted me as a victim. If I didn't write a question here, I wouldn't know anything.If it seems like I'm ranting, yes I am, I'm really angry at how I was left out of the whole process of losing my drone for my money. If you don't mind, I do.

The drone was shipped on March 23rd, today is April 9th and I still don't know anything official, no one has notified me, no one cares about me (except for the answers in the neighboring thread).

Well, then its is down to DJI to do the chasing, it's also down to DJI to compensate where needed if the drone does not show up. DJI would have to claim from UPS.

Its unlikely DJI would get in contact with you 1st.

DJI have responded to you here so keep them apprised of the situation, it will get resolved in one way or another.
2023-4-9
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Relax Ross... Either way you are cover and you will probably receive a new drone soon, very soon... You are right about the lack of information, but you also need to keep in mind of how the event did unfold...

Happy Easter
2023-4-10
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

I try to be calm, but some things I just can't accept. I have my principles that I never break and these principles are about the code of decency that everyone should respect.
I worked for more than 20 years in business and I know well what a customer means and I know what it means to lose them.
Maybe this situation seems normal and ordinary to you, but this normality really bothers me. If any link in the chain of my business fails and spoils my business, I will replace it so that it does not harm me.
In today's difficult times, the customer must be a priority and the care for him must be exemplary, there is a shortage of almost everything, and this is especially true for the number of customers.
Perhaps stupid talk, but believe me, my view of all this is very "sober", I am already an old man and my experiences speak for me.

Happy Easter everyone
2023-4-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ross14 Posted at 4-10 01:27
I try to be calm, but some things I just can't accept. I have my principles that I never break and these principles are about the code of decency that everyone should respect.
I worked for more than 20 years in business and I know well what a customer means and I know what it means to lose them.
Maybe this situation seems normal and ordinary to you, but this normality really bothers me. If any link in the chain of my business fails and spoils my business, I will replace it so that it does not harm me.

Update:
Thanks for your patience again, Ross 14.
To better help you solve this problem, we have sent you a PM, could you please check it?
If there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know here. We appreciate your support and understanding.

2023-4-10
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Yes, thank you, positive information.
2023-4-10
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

I have many questions in my head about this new fact.

- "Care Refresh" how will it be with the transfer of insurance to a new drone.
- Can someone abuse the data in my lost drone?
2023-4-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Ross14 Posted at 4-10 07:52

DJI transfers the remaining Care Refresh coverage to your new drone. Since the drone is attached to your account, noone but you or DJI can see any of the data.
2023-4-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

- Can someone abuse the data in my lost drone? ........ No. Unless you left the memory card in the drone or any Aviation Authority registration numbers on the drone.
Did you also send the controller, if so what controller?
2023-4-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 4-9 14:57

Seems they are all quite similar then.  
2023-4-10
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-10 08:14
DJI transfers the remaining Care Refresh coverage to your new drone. Since the drone is attached to your account, noone but you or DJI can see any of the data.

Thank you for answer
2023-4-10
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-10 08:55
- Can someone abuse the data in my lost drone? ........ No. Unless you left the memory card in the drone or any Aviation Authority registration numbers on the drone.
Did you also send the controller, if so what controller?

Yes, I took out the SD card, the registration label remained stuck on the arm of the drone, I didn't know that I would see the machine for the last time.
I sent the complete set in the original box as the Mini was purchased, i.e. including the remote control with the display covered by safety glass.

Thank you for your response.
2023-4-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ross14 Posted at 4-10 11:44
Yes, I took out the SD card, the registration label remained stuck on the arm of the drone, I didn't know that I would see the machine for the last time.
I sent the complete set in the original box as the Mini was purchased, i.e. including the remote control with the display covered by safety glass.

If you returned the DJI RC controller

https://www.dji.com/uk/rc
then any flight logs on that controller would be accessible to any one who 'has' the controller and there's nothing you can do about that.
2023-4-10
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Ross14 Posted at 4-10 07:52

I'm happy to read that you will get a new drone...

Now if I'm reading your second question correctly, and if I remember correctly, when I got the drone and the radio, one of the default setting, that to my surprise was already turned on, was to upload (backup) the data to the DJI cloud automatically (Fly data center)...

If you didn't turn it off, and I understood this correctly, they already have your flying data...

2023-4-10
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-10 12:42
If you returned the DJI RC controller

https://www.dji.com/uk/rc

Yes, I included the controller as requested to make the set complete:

Requirement:

Recommended return components:Other accessories used with the product (if any)/Battery/Remote Controller/Aircraft and Gimbal Protector/Do not return swollen or leakage batteries/Do not return non-DJI products
DJI Service Center: Ivy Technology- DJI Authorized Service Center +3694886396
Szombathely, Vasarter u. 1, 9700 Hungary
2023-4-10
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Burt37 Posted at 4-10 13:22
I'm happy to read that you will get a new drone...

Now if I'm reading your second question correctly, and if I remember correctly, when I got the drone and the radio, one of the default setting, that to my surprise was already turned on, was to upload (backup) the data to the DJI cloud automatically (Fly data center)...

I didn't turn anything off and I certainly used the cloud backup function.
I'm more concerned about some form of misuse of this data.
2023-4-10
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Somehow I don't know about this, today I received an email informing me that my lost drone is being repaired. Only the case number is different.How should I understand all this?

2023-4-10
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

I received a tracking number from DJI for a shipment shipped via DHL, it is probably a new drone. I'm worried that it's not just a "naked" drone without accessories. The remote control with display and batteries were part of the lost package. I wouldn't have anything to drive the machine.
2023-4-11
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

As I wrote, many questions and concerns.
2023-4-11
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Memory:

2023-4-11
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Can I ask the administrator for information about what was sent to me?
A "naked" drone without anything, or a complete set including a remote control with display and battery, identical to the one that I handed over to UPS almost three weeks ago with a request to transport it for service?
I will be grateful for these important answers for me, I have a lot of film and photography plans that I had to postpone due to the time delay associated with the loss of the machine.
It is logical that I want to take off immediately with a fully functional drone and fulfill the time schedule that I prepared honestly and in detail at the beginning of spring, a drone without accessories will not allow me to do any filming.
Thank you
2023-4-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Ross14 Posted at 4-11 13:39
Can I ask the administrator for information about what was sent to me?
A "naked" drone without anything, or a complete set including a remote control with display and battery, identical to the one that I handed over to UPS almost three weeks ago with a request to transport it for service?
I will be grateful for these important answers for me, I have a lot of film and photography plans that I had to postpone due to the time delay associated with the loss of the machine.

Hi. Thank you for the update. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We'll forward this to our designated department that deals with issues as such for further assistance. They will surely handle your concerns accordingly. Again, apologies for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2023-4-11
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

DJI Diana Posted at 4-11 16:31
Hi. Thank you for the update. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We'll forward this to our designated department that deals with issues as such for further assistance. They will surely handle your concerns accordingly. Again, apologies for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thank you for the promised initiative, I will eagerly await the answers.
2023-4-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Ross14 Posted at 4-12 00:45
Thank you for the promised initiative, I will eagerly await the answers.

Hi. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We already forwarded this concern to our dedicated team for further assistance.  Rest assured that we are in constant communication with the respective department that is helping us with the case. Hoping for your understanding in this matter. Thank you.
2023-4-12
Use props
Norbert747
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Ross
I feel your frustration! I too have had parcels "Lost" in transit, These courier companies like UPS, DPD and Royal Mails in fact all of them always use the words LOST, no it was not lost but stolen by their employees,
Only last month I had a Parcel picked up from my address and some how it got lost  between the pickup and the sorting depot! One guess who has got it?

I sincerely hope it turns up!
2023-4-13
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Norbert747 Posted at 4-13 08:02
Hi Ross
I feel your frustration! I too have had parcels "Lost" in transit, These courier companies like UPS, DPD and Royal Mails in fact all of them always use the words LOST, no it was not lost but stolen by their employees,
Only last month I had a Parcel picked up from my address and some how it got lost  between the pickup and the sorting depot! One guess who has got it?

Thanks for support!
I feel the same about the increasing theft of shipping companies and not only that, there are other things going on. For example, employees purposefully damage shipments so that they do not have to deliver them to a place where it is not suitable for them that day.
2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ross14 Posted at 4-13 11:23
Thanks for support!
I feel the same about the increasing theft of shipping companies and not only that, there are other things going on. For example, employees purposefully damage shipments so that they do not have to deliver them to a place where it is not suitable for them that day.

Hi, Ross 14. We are sorry for the misunderstanding.
Because we got your message that there was a package that includes a Mini 3 Pro with a faulty right rear motor. So we forward this information to our relevant team.
Now we would like to help you further with this issue and ask the relevant team to check it and handle it asap.
To better follow your problem, we have sent you a private message, could you please check it?
2023-4-14
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-14 00:59
Hi, Ross 14. We are sorry for the misunderstanding.
Because we got your message that there was a package that includes a Mini 3 Pro with a faulty right rear motor. So we forward this information to our relevant team.
Now we would like to help you further with this issue and ask the relevant team to check it and handle it asap.

Thank you for the information. I read the message.
2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ross14 Posted at 4-14 01:50
Thank you for the information. I read the message.

Thanks, please check your PM.
2023-4-14
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules