Active Track 2.0
568 7 2023-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
miket3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72959 ft
United States

I have a Mavic 2.  I just recently started using Follow Me Mode. And watched a bunch of videos of other people with my same issues.
We need a way to add more parameters to our tracking sessions.  You need to allow us to input more restrictive parameters, which will allow the drone to be in more control of what its surroundings are...

Example:  My drone had plenty of trouble tracking me while trying to follow me from behind down a street lined on bothe sides with trees. A basic country road.

Issue 1: It does not stay close enough and allows me to get too far away and easily loses me.
Solution:  No. I need an option to tell it to follow at the same distance, height, and angle.  I already know what the terrain is and i dont need the drone to act very smart. I just need it to follow me as close to my initial setup as possible.  Maybe you could have the controller leave breadcrumbs at some user defined interval for the drone to follow. Actually thats quite INGENIUS option!  So instead of just stopping where it loses me, it has a breadcrumb trail to come get me instead of me going back to get it.

I understand gps is only so accurate... But it certainly is accurate enough to get down some open trails and roads.

Issue 2: It randomly increases it's height while following me.
Solution: NO!  I know the terrain.  I dont need it to go higher.  It just needs to keep a constand height above the ground from where I  told it to start from.

Issue 3: When I went around a simple curve.  It tried to cut through the trees to keep me in sight...
Solution: NO!  If it stayed close enough... AND/OR used breadcrumbs to follow me, it would not have to sensor or go around the trees. Again, it tried to outsmart itself.

These solutions are all programmable solutions. No extra hardware needed.  And these solutions actually tax the system less. Because the user provides the best paramters for the current terrain.
2023-4-9
Use props
miket3
lvl.1
United States

Example of how bad Active Track 2.0 is...

https://youtu.be/c437Dpo4sSM
2023-4-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, miket3.
Thanks for your feedback and detailed information here, we understand your needs and will forward them to the relevant team now.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know here as well.
2023-4-9
Use props
miket3
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-9 20:06
Hi, miket3.
Thanks for your feedback and detailed information here, we understand your needs and will forward them to the relevant team now.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know here as well.

After watching a few videos i am now seeing that follow me and Tracking are 2 different animals. I will try follow me.... see if it is any better, as it seems to use gps.
2023-4-10
Use props
miket3
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-9 20:06
Hi, miket3.

I have a Mavic 2 Pro. and DJI GO 4 App.   I only see and ActiveTrack option on my controller menu.
Did DJI do away with FollowME?
2023-4-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

miket3 Posted at 4-10 05:14
I have a Mavic 2 Pro. and DJI GO 4 App.   I only see and ActiveTrack option on my controller menu.

The only way I know how to do GPS tracking on the Mavic 2 Pro is to use Litchi.
2023-4-10
Use props
miket3
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-10 05:30
The only way I know how to do GPS tracking on the Mavic 2 Pro is to use Litchi.

Thankyou.  I was looking at that app.  Maybe i give it a try.
2023-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

miket3 Posted at 4-10 05:14
I have a Mavic 2 Pro. and DJI GO 4 App.   I only see and ActiveTrack option on my controller menu.

May I ask for more details about the 'FollowME' you mentioned? Could you please elaborate on it? You can also refer to the user manual below. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v2.2_en.pdf
2023-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules