iChat is the phantom voltage set at
1178 6 2015-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Digger123
New

United Kingdom

hi I'm new to flying drones and  new to this forum so hi guys and gals I have just bought a second hand phantom 1 off a trusted friend The drone flyies just great
My concern and I'm sure it has been covered before is I have trouble seeing the warning light when the battery is low
I'm worried if I'm a distance away I'm not going to make it back to me
So a few questions if anyone can help
1/ a new 2200 lipo / how much flight time without any go pro or any device attached?
2/ at what volt does the light start flashing ,is it preset ? , this one is important as I would like to set a volt alarm to it so I can hear it
3/ last but not least what battery is best to use for longer run time
Thanks for your time , if we just stick with the questions above I won't hopefully get confused lol

2015-8-22
Use props
Digger123
New

United Kingdom

Well I suppose the questions was to hard
Could any one tell me a forum where I can get the answers
Thank you
2015-8-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Questions were not to hard, just no one saw then or replied yet.

With a 2200 you will get about 10 minutes. It starts to flash at about 11.5V

MaxAmps makes a good lipo, check them out.
2015-8-24
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Hi Digger

I have reduced my voltage alarms so the first warning triggers at 10.4Volt under load and the second at 10.1Volt, this hasn't had any detrimental effect on my batteries.
Secondly for endurance flying I use the Multistar 4000mAh 3s 10C batteries. With my setup which includes 2 axis gimbal and gopro type cam with FPV I average 18minutes of flight time before the first alarm triggers.

So that the larger battery can fit inside the Phantom I have widened the aperture of the battery bay by a few millimetres on all four sides. This allows you to fit the battery and close the hatch and is much cleaner than strapping batteries to the landing skids and having wires dangling all over the place.

Regards

Nidge
2015-8-31
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Nidge Posted at 2015-9-1 00:12
Hi Digger

I have reduced my voltage alarms so the first warning triggers at 10.4Volt under load and ...

Digger,
Have you posted a pic of the mod you did anywhere?
2015-8-31
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Cessna172 Posted at 2015-8-31 20:40
Digger,
Have you posted a pic of the mod you did anywhere?

Hi Cessna

I think you were asking the question of me with regard to the battery mod.

I got the idea from Mike H's Youtube video here.

http://youtu.be/SpI9fvhjwpo

The batteries themselves are just a little big bigger and slightly heavier than a regular 2200 mAh pack. This is achieved by reducing the C rating of the pack down to 10C. Even so they are still rated at 40Amp which is twice as much as the Phantom pulls even on a full throttle punch out. But because they are from Hobbyking they are relatively cheap.

Regards

Nidge
2015-9-1
Use props
RATTYDUDE77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I been running 2 zippy 2200mah
2016-4-11
Use props
Advanced