Smart controller bound to another account
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Travel Light
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12753 ft

United States

Hi all, I purchased a Smart Controller on OfferUp for my Mavic Mini 2 and received it on April 6th. I've been in communication with the person whom I purchased it from and I did the research and instructed him that only the bound account owner can operate this function. I also provided him with the path: Profile>Device Management>Account and Device>Remove device from account. He has yet to do it and I'm not sure if would provide his email and password so I can do it myself.

So my question or statment is, I will have a paper weight if we can't work this out or is there any other way for DJI to get this done.
2023-4-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

you will have a paperweight
2023-4-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Only the account holder has permission to unbind the drone with the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product. The new holder can bind the drone with another account. Please try to contact your dealer to confirm with the previous owner to log in to the account and unbind the drone first. Then you can log in to your account to bind it. If you or the dealer can't contact the previous owner, please contact our support at https://www.dji.com/support and send them the proof of purchase. If you have the proof of purchase, they can try to contact the previous owner. But we can't guarantee the result. We will wait for the owner's feedback and persuade them to unbind for you. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-4-9
Use props
Travel Light
lvl.1

United States

Thank you he finally responded and removed the controller from his account and I was able to bind it to mine. Thx for the help.
2023-4-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just reset the smart controller to factory settings,   it's the drones that are bound to the controller not the other way round.  
2023-4-9
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Good advice DA. I factory reset mine when I had a waypoints problem. Cured issues I was experiencing.
2023-4-10
Use props
Travel Light
lvl.1

United States

I think it’s worth mentioning, in addition to my post, in the “Account Device” section I also realized that the drone in my case; (Mavic mini 2) was in fact also still bounded to the previous account owner. Thank you and good looking out, “DJI Paladin and DAFlys”.

So I reached out to the person who sold me the drone as well and he unblinded it from his account. Just to let any and all readers know I purchased my drone from a 3rd party on April 2, 2022 over a year ago, on OfferUp.

In my case I was lucky that the previous owners worked with me. Please make sure you are verifying the Serial Numbers (S/N) and email addresses so you know which device is bonded to which account, controller or drone etc...

This could have been an expensive lesson learned about DJI products that are bound to owners accounts and unbinding them from original owners. I’m glad that this disaster was avoided thanks to good and honest DJI owners. I would also like to note myself nor did either owners know about this anti-theft feature by DJI.

I will still buy 3rd party but in the future I'll definitely have the owners un-bind the item from there account first and verify it via a texted photo or email before I pay. Travel Light

2023-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules