RC connection lost in flight…account not logged in error.
3318 25 2023-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Bulgaria

Hello, just had in unpleasant experience with the drone. Haven't flown in a couple of months, al updated to the last version. Was flying and sporting pictures when suddenly the screen went blank, then I think I could still control the drone for a bit. But then I noticed strange error account not logged in. And I'm certain I never logged out and for sure was logged in when flight started or I wouldn't been able to go up to 120 m where I lost connection. I also got error that rc was not connected. Drone came back, restarted and app and rc to no avail. Have could connect the drone again. Had to forcefully catch it and restart. After that it worked fine got one flight. But overall was not a pleasant experience. I'm about to travel to South America and Ross kind of errors are something that would be a real problem especially at sea or something! Anybody else encountered such strange behavior? Here is a video, unfortunately started it when issue appeared, hence the beginning of the flight is missing..
Here is the flight record of the flight in question:

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/4EM6DRCVC9X0CHWMX6LE/

And the video:

2023-4-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You get automatically logged out of the app if you don't fly for 3 months.
Sign into your DJI account in the app and everything will be normal again.

2023-4-10
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Labroides Posted at 4-10 05:58

Is it in the instructions? I don't remember this from memory.
2023-4-10
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Bulgaria

Labroides Posted at 4-10 05:58

This is plain dangerous. It happened mid flight with the drone at 120m. And even after logging I could not reconnect. Drone was hovering above  regular height so I had to find means to reach it and could not land by itself as the terrain was not clear. So how in their right mind devs do such stupidity??
2023-4-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Drone.Hunter Posted at 4-10 06:12
Is it in the instructions? I don't remember this from memory.

It's just the way it is.
When you know that, it's easy to avoid the issue.
2023-4-10
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Bulgaria

Labroides Posted at 4-10 06:30
It's just the way it is.
When you know that, it's easy to avoid the issue.

Well, I’d expect it to happen before flight. But during, it’s a definite no! How to avoid it exactly? It happened 5 min into flight. And I was in the app for quite some time. So I don’t think one should wait for hours for the app to log him out, no? Either upon starting the app or never would be the best…
2023-4-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

sbonev Posted at 4-10 06:35
Well, I’d expect it to happen before flight. But during, it’s a definite no! How to avoid it exactly? It happened 5 min into flight. And I was in the app for quite some time. So I don’t think one should wait for hours for the app to log him out, no? Either upon starting the app or never would be the best…

I don't care what you think, I'm just telling you how DJI works.
Now that you know, if you haven't been flying for a few months, just check that you are signed in before leaving wifi.
2023-4-10
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Bulgaria

Labroides Posted at 4-10 06:38
I don't care what you think, I'm just telling you how DJI works.
Now that you know, if you haven't been flying for a few months, just check that you are signed in before leaving wifi.

Couldn’t care less about your opinion either. Where exactly did I say I left wifi, where exactly in the middle of the mountain you think WiFi would be available?? Never disabled data or anything that could have caused loss of connection, barely moved from where I started the flight! I was signed in when I opened the app, also when I took off. Also for 5 min into the flight… then it decided to log me off. If you can’t get that simple sequence of events into your head perhaps you need a drawing to understand it????!!! You never stroke me as the intelligent type, but still to argue for something that clear…
2023-4-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

sbonev Posted at 4-10 06:51
Couldn’t care less about your opinion either. Where exactly did I say I left wifi, where exactly in the middle of the mountain you think WiFi would be available?? Never disabled data or anything that could have caused loss of connection, barely moved from where I started the flight! I was signed in when I opened the app, also when I took off. Also for 5 min into the flight… then it decided to log me off. If you can’t get that simple sequence of events into your head perhaps you need a drawing to understand it????!!! You never stroke me as the intelligent type, but still to argue for something that clear…
If you can’t get that simple sequence of events into your head perhaps  you need a drawing to understand it????!!! You never stroke me as the  intelligent type, but still to argue for something that clear…
I'm intelligent enough to know what the cause of your issue was, and made the effort to explain it to you  (three times now).
Why do I bother with idiots like you?

Next time you don't fly for 3 months, before you want to go flying out on some mountain, power up somewhere that you have internet access and confirm that you are logged into your DJI account.
What so hard about that?
2023-4-10
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Spain

Labroides Posted at 4-10 07:00
Next time you ldon't fly for 3 months, before you want to go flying out on some mountain, power up somewhere that you have internet access and confirm that you are logged into your DJI account.
What so hard about that?

Are you THAT stup¡d?! I had internet all the time. I was not in WiFi, which was something you assumed and is irrelevant in any way…how exactly you can get to 120m of height without being logged in??!!
2023-4-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

sbonev Posted at 4-10 07:03
Are you THAT stup¡d?! I had internet all the time. I was not in WiFi, which was something you assumed and is irrelevant in any way…how exactly you can get to 120m of height without being logged in??!!

You aren't making any sense.
Didn't you post that ...  But then I noticed strange error account not logged in ?

2023-4-10
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Spain

Labroides Posted at 4-10 07:08
You aren't making any sense.
Didn't you post that ...  But then I noticed strange error account not logged in ?

Yes, I got logged off mid flight. And in the video you can clearly see I have 5g. And no matter, even after logging in I COULD NOT get connection to the drone that was hovering above my head. Internet on, logged in… after it got disconnected upon log off all control was lost!
Video starts in flight after the 5th min. In the flight log all stops after that...
2023-4-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Whilst, from recollection of posts by MODs, it seems there is a 3 month automatic log out, I would agree that it would be very strange for it occur DURING a flight. Before a flight, yes, but DURING a flight...yikes.

I think a DJI MOD should address whether or not this is supposed to happen. It would also be useful if the MOD could address whether the log out occurs after 3 months of no use or simply every 3 months irrespective of use.
I have been logged out of the App at times but I have the impression that that was on seldom used phones, I do not have the impression that I have been logged out of the App on my main phone but that App is generally used at least once every few days, even if that is just booting the App.  This suggests the log out depends on no use but it would be better to get confirmation from the "horse's mouth" i.e  a MOD.
If it isn't supposed to log out during a flight then, and assuming you are not mistaken, that is worrying.
2023-4-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

By the way I would delete teh video, or if you can not delete the video, ask a MOD to delete it, it shows details that should not IMO be made public on a forum.
2023-4-10
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Bulgaria

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-10 09:23
Whilst, from recollection of posts by MODs, it seems there is a 3 month automatic log out, I would agree that it would be very strange for it occur DURING a flight. Before a flight, yes, but DURING a flight...yikes.

I think a DJI MOD should address whether or not this is supposed to happen. It would also be useful if the MOD could address whether the log out occurs after 3 months of no use or simply every 3 months irrespective of use.

Even I use the app regularly, haven’t flown at least couple of months, but checking the maps, etc. At no point I have been logged out so far. That I can recall at least. In any way it’s not a big deal. But logging out in the middle of a flight in a way it loses all connection between the drone and the app and even RC is another thing. Basically you have no control over the drone and if it returns to the home point. but imagine it returning a couple of meters away and beyond reach,I don’t want to think of what could happen…
2023-4-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would question whether or not the log out caused the control problems and or the disconnection, might they be symptoms of a different problem? In fact I aim to test this in a short while, by deliberately logging out mid flight.
I can certainly fly all my Mavic  and Phantom style drones with out a phone attached to the controller but any such 'flight' has been a, more or less, up and down bunny hop or even just a motor start and stop.

My concern about being logged out mid flight stems from a recollection that it might, note might and I could well be wrong, cause problems getting the drone back if the drone was at distance when the log out occurred i.e. will the log out introduce range and height restrictions based on the place where the log out occurred. I will not test the "at distance " aspect but I will test the simply logging out bit.

2023-4-10
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Bulgaria

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-10 09:49
I would question whether or not the log out caused the control problems and or the disconnection, might they be symptoms of a different problem? In fact I aim to test this in a short while, by deliberately logging out mid flight.
I can certainly fly all my Mavic  and Phantom style drones with out a phone attached to the controller but any such 'flight' has been more or less a up and down bunny hop or even just a motor start and stop.

Not sure, never experienced such issues of loss of control. I’d rather believe they were caused by the log out. At least nothing else suspicious at first glance. And the log of the flight ends abruptly in the air, as connection was never restored even after log in. Drone came back but there was no way to connect it to the RC or control it. Which is really strange.
2023-4-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 4-10 09:57
Not sure, never experienced such issues of loss of control. I’d rather believe they were caused by the log out. At least nothing else suspicious at first glance. And the log of the flight ends abruptly in the air, as connection was never restored even after log in. Drone came back but there was no way to connect it to the RC or control it. Which is really strange.

The failure to reconnect is one thing that causes me to wonder if something else was wrong.
I have deliberately switched off a mini 2 controller, several times, I was testing something, and reconnection was alway quite quick but in those tests the drone was close.
I think I have also had 'proper 'disconnections at 'distance' and, with those, reconnection took longer but from memory I was always reconnected long before the drone was back over the home point.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the log out.
2023-4-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just done two log out experiments, one with a Mavic Mini and the other with a Mini 2. There was no loss of control or video etc. when I logged out of the App being used with the flying drone. I was not at distance, in fact the drone was only a few feet away.
One thing I notice was that when I switched from the Mavic Mini to the Mini 2, which was using a different phone I had been logged out of the App on the second phone, both phones were connected to the internet .... so, in my case logging out of the App on one phone may, note may have logged me out of the App on the second phone.

Just tested that too, with both phones connected to the internet, logging out of the app on one phone logs me out of the App on the other phone.
2023-4-10
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Spain

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-10 11:04
Just done two log out experiments, one with a Mavic Mini and the other with a Mini 2. There was no loss of control or video etc. when I logged out of the App being used with the flying drone. I was not at distance, in fact the drone was only a few feet away.
One thing I notice was that when I switched from the Mavic Mini to the Mini 2, which was using a different phone I had been logged out of the App on the second phone, both phones were connected to the internet .... so, in my case logging out of the App on one phone may, note may have logged me out of the App on the second phone.

have not used the app on another phone,
actually now i recall that last month i used it to fly the mini 2 before selling it, so here goes the 3 month theory...
my log off was forced by the app in midflight, so i'd say it will be hard to replicate it by manually logging out.  also by the time i logged back in, as you can see in the video, a couple of min have passed, i have restarted the app and  the RC and the drone has already returned to the home point hovering in front of me. Connection was impossible at that point. at least not until i restarted the drone.
2023-4-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh well, best of luck sorting out what happened then.
2023-4-10
Use props
djiuser_x8voAZdI6k7G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6663 ft

United States

I have a mini two with a iPhone 12 today. Several times my screen went back to home screen. I could press the DJI Fly app and it went right back to the app, but did several times really unsettling. Thank you in advance.
2023-4-10
Use props
djiuser_x8voAZdI6k7G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6663 ft

United States

I have a mini two with a iPhone 12 today. Several times my screen went back to home screen. I could press the DJI Fly app and it went right back to the app, but did several times really unsettling. Thank you in advance.
2023-4-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sbonev. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. The app is set to log out the account every three months. To ensure security and performance, we recommend you always check the account before each flight. And in your case, since the account was logged out midflight, we want to help you verify it further. We'll be sending you a PM to gather necessary details for the analysis. Kindly check and respond at your earliest convenience. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-4-10
Use props
djiuser_gYiUwVdJW2HK
New

United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 4-10 06:51

Well said pal, snotty buggar isn't he.? I'm having same issue and only flew drone 2 weeks ago. It's also saying check network and don't know wtf to do.
2023-11-30
Use props
djiuser_ccC7u35iAWNY
New

United States

sbonev Posted at 4-10 15:31
have not used the app on another phone,
actually now i recall that last month i used it to fly the mini 2 before selling it, so here goes the 3 month theory...
my log off was forced by the app in midflight, so i'd say it will be hard to replicate it by manually logging out.  also by the time i logged back in, as you can see in the video, a couple of min have passed, i have restarted the app and  the RC and the drone has already returned to the home point hovering in front of me. Connection was impossible at that point. at least not until i restarted the drone.

I think from reading through another thread on this problem that they changed it to 1 month. Its for security reasons. Apparently.
2023-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules