Is Follow Me Discontinued?
1985 13 2023-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
miket3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72959 ft
United States

I have a Mavic 2 Pro. and DJI GO 4 App.   I only see and ACTIVE TRACK option on my controller menu. I saw some videos showing both options on the menu.
Did DJI discontinue the FOLLOW ME option?
Cause ActiveTrack 2.0 is absolutely useless unless you only want the drone to walk around the yard with you.
I really don't want to start messing with the SDK... I wonder why they have so much trouble providing a hybrid algorithm of image tracking(which is the hardest part) and adding some gps breadcrumbs as a fallback/hybrid algorithm.

2023-4-10
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

Follow Me is something that Litchi app has where you can lock on your remote and it will follow the remotes coordinates.  That requires the SDK which isn’t being released for Mavic consumer drones (yet, if ever).

The active track modes on the Mavic are Okay… not fantastic. I’ve tried following bicycles and cars and boats but it rarely maintains a lock in clear open spaces.

I doubt DJI will enable a follow me mode because of regulations on drone operators.  You are “suppose” to have your hands on the controls and be in visual line of sight. You can’t do that when driving, riding a bike or such so for legal and regulatory reasons I see this as a third party feature that won’t likely be available to DJI Mavic 3 any time soon - yet the Mini 3 Pro SDK is imminent.
2023-4-10
Use props
miket3
lvl.1
United States

dronethemoment Posted at 4-10 06:03
Follow Me is something that Litchi app has where you can lock on your remote and it will follow the remotes coordinates.  That requires the SDK which isn’t being released for Mavic consumer drones (yet, if ever).

The active track modes on the Mavic are Okay… not fantastic. I’ve tried following bicycles and cars and boats but it rarely maintains a lock in clear open spaces.

Thank you.
2023-4-10
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

miket3 Posted at 4-10 06:42
Thank you.

I would love to be totally wrong about this.  I’d love to toss the Mavic up at a safe altitude and mount the controller on my bike and go for a long ride without worrying about the slack active track.  Maybe in the mini 3 pro.

This is what I dream of:
2023-4-10
Use props
miket3
lvl.1
United States

dronethemoment Posted at 4-10 07:06
I would love to be totally wrong about this.  I’d love to toss the Mavic up at a safe altitude and mount the controller on my bike and go for a long ride without worrying about the slack active track.  Maybe in the mini 3 pro.

This is what I dream of: https://youtu.be/n4dDNRLyCfA

OMG!  I Just downloaded Litchi... It was a horrible experience! Scariest thing ever! Drone ignored everything. Even thought it would've flown away a couple times!

Maybe its good for other things... But follow me feature was scary at best!
2023-4-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Follow Me is something that Litchi app has where you can lock on your remote and it will follow the remotes coordinates.  That requires the SDK which isn’t being released for Mavic consumer drones (yet, if ever).

The active track modes on the Mavic are Okay… not fantastic. I’ve tried following bicycles and cars and boats but it rarely maintains a lock in clear open spaces.

skydio drone will follow the remote while it's in my pocket, is that illegal?  im not a big fan of all these rules interpretations but i'll follow the rules the rules that make sense.  does it say this or is this one of these cbo guidelines?  in the usa, btw.
my guess is the dji drone doesn't do it because it's substandard and doesn't work well enough just yet; in time, they will get there.  not a lot of choice since the skydio drone does it so well.
2023-4-10
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

miket3 Posted at 4-10 11:59
OMG!  I Just downloaded Litchi... It was a horrible experience! Scariest thing ever! Drone ignored everything. Even thought it would've flown away a couple times!

Maybe its good for other things... But follow me feature was scary at best!

Yep, I had a bad experience with it as well. Waypoints feature is nice and worth the money, follow mode only on DJI apps.
2023-4-10
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Follow Me is something that Litchi app has where you can lock on your remote and it will follow the remotes coordinates.  That requires the SDK which isn’t being released for Mavic consumer drones (yet, if ever).

The active track modes on the Mavic are Okay… not fantastic. I’ve tried following bicycles and cars and boats but it rarely maintains a lock in clear open spaces.

The Mavic2 does not have an SDK?
2023-4-10
Use props
miket3
lvl.1
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-10 13:02
The Mavic2 does not have an SDK?

Yes. DJI has an SDK for Mavic 2. Im sure Litchi uses it. I was just at that page. They have it for Android and IOs.
2023-4-10
Use props
miket3
lvl.1
United States

Today I had a better Active Track experience. Tracked behind me on my mini bike at speeds of 19 mph before screaming something about safety sensors.

It actually kept at a consistent height and follow distance. And did not lag like my 1st attempt.
2023-4-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The OP is taking about a Mavic 2 Pro, I am pretty sure I have flown mine using Litchi.
I can't comment on follow me or tracking, I have never even looked at them.
2023-4-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just had a thought, what would happen if you set the maximum distance to the minimum and in Litchi enabled "Dynamic Home Point" then moved yourself and the controller?
2023-4-11
Use props
miket3
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-11 06:02
Just had a thought, what would happen if you set the maximum distance to the minimum and in Litchi enabled "Dynamic Home Point" then moved yourself and the controller?

Thanks. But i actually did all of that.
2023-4-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

miket3 Posted at 4-11 09:54
Thanks. But i actually did all of that.

And what happened?
2023-4-11