Dji Mini Pro 3 shaky footage
4257 23 2023-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ari vitikainen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189039 ft
Finland

Greetings from Helsinki! Recently my Dji Mini pro 3 video footage has become unstable. I will get some usable footage now and then but half of the footage is ruined because of the shaking. I think it started around the same time with the firmware update. I have not been in any accidents with the drone recently.
In last few days I have used the drone in Seoul and Helsinki with similar outcome. There has not been particularly windy weather. So I am suspecting that there is some problem with the camera/gimbal?  Only warning that I have seen in the controller is IMU related but when I have calibrated the sensors there has been no further warnings.
Here is an example of the kind of video footage I get nowadays. I have also some photos with crooked vertical lines for buildings, but that is not as common as the crooked video footage.

Example of the shaky footage from mini pro 3
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mqGBRAg5G_9UEy6MNEoVKm1yPr7Ij6vD/view?usp=share_link

How to fix this?
Thank you for your help!

Best Regards,
Ari

2023-4-10
Use props
ari vitikainen
lvl.1
Finland

Footage link added to post
2023-4-10
Use props
ari vitikainen
lvl.1
Finland

Example of the crooked videofile above
2023-4-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ari, I had something similar and I swapped out the SD Card and the issue went away.  So in my case the SD Card that had worked up to that point just stop working correctly.  

Hope you get your issue fixed soon.
2023-4-10
Use props
ari vitikainen
lvl.1
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-10 12:39
Ari, I had something similar and I swapped out the SD Card and the issue went away.  So in my case the SD Card that had worked up to that point just stop working correctly.  

Hope you get your issue fixed soon.

Thank you! I will try that next
2023-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. Please try the following operations:
1. It is recommended to either increase the exposure time by using an ND filter or shrinking the lens aperture, or reducing the flight attitude angle to get a better picture effect.
2. Check whether the gimbal is released from the limit buckle. If not, calibrate the gimbal and IMU in the DJI Fly app, and then check whether the issue still exists.
2023-4-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

ari vitikainen Posted at 4-10 19:34
Thank you! I will try that next

You're welcome.  Might not work for you but thought I'd put it out there as it fixed my similar problem.
2023-4-11
Use props
ariv
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-10 22:52
Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. Please try the following operations:
1. It is recommended to either increase the exposure time by using an ND filter or shrinking the lens aperture, or reducing the flight attitude angle to get a better picture effect.
2. Check whether the gimbal is released from the limit buckle. If not, calibrate the gimbal and IMU in the DJI Fly app, and then check whether the issue still exists.

Thank you for your message Mindy
1. I have been flying in dusk and exposure time has not been fast and this jello/shaking effect appears still.
2. How I can check if the gimbal is released from the limit buckle? If I just hold the gimbal, it seems to be firmly attached on both sides. I have done all the calibrations multiple times without improvement to this issue.
3. I have not got a chance to try another memory card yet but I am planning to try that as well as advised Downtown RDB.
4. Could this be firmware related issue since this started just after the last firmware update? There are some other members in this forum who also got this same issue after the firmware update. If so what should I try to do next?

2023-4-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ariv Posted at 4-11 10:00
Thank you for your message Mindy
1. I have been flying in dusk and exposure time has not been fast and this jello/shaking effect appears still.
2. How I can check if the gimbal is released from the limit buckle? If I just hold the gimbal, it seems to be firmly attached on both sides. I have done all the calibrations multiple times without improvement to this issue.

Hello, there.
1. Please check if the exposure time is too short ( less than 1/200 second).
2. May we know if there are some error messages related to gimbal?
3. Please try with another SD card.
4. When the exposure time is too short or the flight attitude angle is too large (for example, the aircraft is flying in S-mode, or the roll stick is pushed to the end), since the vibration of the aircraft may increase due to aerodynamic reasons, the gimbal may be affected by wind strength, and this can lead to a noticeable dynamic deformation in the video, namely the "rippling effects".
2023-4-11
Use props
ariv
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-11 19:39
Hello, there.
1. Please check if the exposure time is too short ( less than 1/200 second).
2. May we know if there are some error messages related to gimbal?

Thank you for your reply!
1. exposure time was not tooshort, I was flying in dusk and twilight as well and got the same reults.
2. There has been no error messages when the jelly/shaky video effect takes places
3. Yes I will buy another sd card, do you have recommendation what kind of card is sufficient?
4. I suspect this is not the case since I got the same jello effect in different circumstances

Thank you
Ari
2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ariv Posted at 4-13 09:04
Thank you for your reply!
1. exposure time was not tooshort, I was flying in dusk and twilight as well and got the same reults.
2. There has been no error messages when the jelly/shaky video effect takes places

You may refer to Recommended microSD Cards list in this link:
https://www.dji.com/uk/mini-3-pro/specs
2023-4-14
Use props
ariv
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-14 00:54
You may refer to Recommended microSD Cards list in this link:
https://www.dji.com/uk/mini-3-pro/specs

Thank you!
2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

You are welcome, if you have any more needs or questions, please feel free to let us know.
2023-4-14
Use props
Mini 3 pro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2671 ft
United States

Is it cold where your drone is flying
2023-4-15
Use props
ariv
lvl.1
Finland

Mini 3 pro Posted at 4-15 08:29
Is it cold where your drone is flying

Thank you for your comment. I was i  South Korea when this started to happening and it was around 10-20 Celsius.. Here in Finland it has been also above 0 C when I have been flying, so I do not think temperature is causing this.
2023-4-18
Use props
Elilor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3498957 ft
Israel

I have the Mini 3 (not the Pro), It happens to me almost always, but only in vertical mode. (I've already given up on taking video in this situation, even though I really need it)
2023-8-30
Use props
raulvolador
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4771427 ft
Spain

Elilor Posted at 2023-8-30 01:30
I have the Mini 3 (not the Pro), It happens to me almost always, but only in vertical mode. (I've already given up on taking video in this situation, even though I really need it)

Hi Elilor,

It happens on my just received new Mini 3 (not Pro model). Very sad.

I noticed jelly / shaky / rippling video in every recording in vertical mode (portrait gimbal orientation)

Severity of the issue depends of wind force, but it happens even in zero wind contitions.

I'm searching the web looking for help. Your post is the first one I find with exactly the same problem I have.

Have you found any solution ?

Thanks a lot

R

1-19 01:10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

raulvolador Posted at 1-19 01:10
Hi Elilor,

It happens on my just received new Mini 3 (not Pro model). Very sad.

Hi there, I am sorry for the issue you encountered. Could you please try to update the firmware to the latest version, calibrate the gimbal, and check again? Besides, may I know the temperature of the flight environment for further confirmation?
If it is convenient, please upload an original video that exported from the aircraft so we can check it further. Thank you.
1-19 04:02
Use props
Muneem Itoo
New
India

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1czunMNK64mzFBW2kmuFVecUawLvrsMSd/view?usp=sharingSimilar issue with my footage. Time code at 0:11, 0:21, 0:36.
Kindly share resolution.

2-2 22:18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Muneem Itoo Posted at 2-2 22:18
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1czunMNK64mzFBW2kmuFVecUawLvrsMSd/view?usp=sharingSimilar issue with my footage. Time code at 0:11, 0:21, 0:36.
Kindly share resolution.

Hi there, you can try the troubleshooting below to see if it helps:
1. Check whether the gimbal is obstructed by foreign objects when powering on the gimbal. Try to restart the aircraft and check.
2. Calibrate the gimbal.
3. Check whether the aircraft flew in a windy and sandy environment, as debris may easily enter the gimbal in such conditions. Try blowing on the gimbal to clean it, and then calibrate it again.
4. Check whether the propellers have previously been replaced. If yes, check whether the two propellers on the same motor are cast in the same mold with the same mold cavities (the logo marked on the propellers is the same).
5. Check whether the flight environment is windy or cold. Avoid using the aircraft in these environments.
2-3 22:58
Use props
raulvolador
lvl.4
Spain

Same issue on my new DJI Mini 3 anoying  jelly / shaky / rippling footage only in vertical (portrait) camera orientation. More noticeable on windy contitions or when start/stop horizontal displacement. I tried firware updates and calibrations with no success. Returned to amazon. Greetings.

Raul.
2-22 00:27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

raulvolador Posted at 2-22 00:27
Same issue on my new DJI Mini 3 anoying  jelly / shaky / rippling footage only in vertical (portrait) camera orientation. More noticeable on windy contitions or when start/stop horizontal displacement. I tried firware updates and calibrations with no success. Returned to amazon. Greetings.

Raul.

Hi Raul, we are sorry for the issue you encountered. Just to double confirm, the issue only exists while in vertical shooting, and now you have returned the drone to Amazon already, right?
2-22 03:37
Use props
raulvolador
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2-22 03:37
Hi Raul, we are sorry for the issue you encountered. Just to double confirm, the issue only exists while in vertical shooting, and now you have returned the drone to Amazon already, right?

Thats correct, Drone returned to amazon. I bought a new DJI Mini 4 Pro from DJI Store. It works great in both protrait and landscape orientation.

Best regards.
2-23 00:53
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

raulvolador Posted at 2-23 00:53
Thats correct, Drone returned to amazon. I bought a new DJI Mini 4 Pro from DJI Store. It works great in both protrait and landscape orientation.

Best regards.

Sorry for any inconvenience we have caused you. Should there be any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
2-23 01:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules