Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aero1199
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372192 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hi All,
Im struggling to get my Canon R10 to connect to the DJI RS3 Mini.

I know that it wont work with bluetooth, but I thought the usb-c cable would still allow the record button to be pushed and active track?

If this is a firmware issue, I also am considering an R8 in future, do you think R8 and R10 will be added in future?

Thanks, Travis
2023-4-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello, Travis. Thank you for reaching out. As per checking here, it seems that the Canon R10 is not compatible with the DJI RS 3 Mini and this might be the main cause of the issue. For more list of compatible cameras for the said unit, you may click the link below. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility
2023-4-10
Use props
aero1199
lvl.2
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks for the reply, do you think that this might be updated in firmware?  The Canon R10 and coming R8 will be very popular and are new camera, im suprised they arent already included
2023-4-10
Use props
aero1199
lvl.2
  • >>>
New Zealand

aero1199 Posted at 4-10 20:15
Thanks for the reply, do you think that this might be updated in firmware?  The Canon R10 and coming R8 will be very popular and are new camera, im suprised they arent already included

Bump :-) I recently received my R8 and its a beast of a camera perfect for the RS3 Mini, how can we kindly encourage DJI to notice and release firmware?

2023-5-2
Use props
Thys Fernando
New

Brazil

Sad that R10 doesn't work with MINI.
Now I'll have to go with Weebill 3...
2023-5-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

aero1199 Posted at 4-10 20:15

You are most welcome. As of the moment, we don't have any information about this. However, I will record this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for always choosing DJI! Have a nice day ahead.
2023-5-4
Use props
djiuser_zQpsBxPO6im9
New

United States

Just bought. DJI R3 Mini for my Canon EOS R10.
Unfortunately it’s not compatible, although it was listed on a website that says it works with the R10.  Is there going to be an update and added for the R10, the DJI Pro is too expensive for a novice user. Please let me know before I return the mini to Amazon. Thanks
2023-5-30
Use props
aero1199
lvl.2
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-10 19:53
Hello, Travis. Thank you for reaching out. As per checking here, it seems that the Canon R10 is not compatible with the DJI RS 3 Mini and this might be the main cause of the issue. For more list of compatible cameras for the said unit, you may click the link below. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility

Hi There, have you heard anymore from DJI?
2023-6-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

aero1199 Posted at 6-8 16:24
Hi There, have you heard anymore from DJI?

Hello there. As of the time being. We haven't received any updates regarding the said request. You may check the link above as it indicates the updated camera compatibility list on our website. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-10
Use props
aero1199
lvl.2
  • >>>
New Zealand

Bumping this back to the top, any chance we can get DJI on board, its crazy that this gimbal designed for lightweight cameras doesnt include the R10 and R8, yet the bigger gimbals do??

2023-7-9
Use props
djiuser_SME0HMpEGdnk
lvl.1

Canada

Hi. Is it possible to get a timeline for when R8 / R10 will be supported?
2023-8-11
Use props
djiuser_2oFBq1HOxRGl
New

Bolivia

DIGO LO MISMO TENGO UN DJI RS3 MINI Y NO FUNCIONA CON LA CANON EOS R8 PORFAVOR BUSQUEN UNA ACTUALIZACION
2023-8-19
Use props
aero1199
lvl.2
  • >>>
New Zealand

Please DJI!!!
2023-8-19
Use props
slverbullit
New

United States

DJI please you have to do this! Please make the R8 compatible with the RS3 line (pro, mini)
2023-8-25
Use props
aero1199
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-10 01:53
Hello there. As of the time being. We haven't received any updates regarding the said request. You may check the link above as it indicates the updated camera compatibility list on our website. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi Paladin,

Can you please contact DJI about this topic?  There are multiple R8 and R10 users in this thread, these are the latest and most suitable (size and feature wise) Canon cameras for use with the DJI RS3 Mini.

The Canon R8 is an incredibly good value camera that is MISSING IBIS, DJI would sell lots of these gimbals to R8 users as a Canon R8 + DJI RS3 Mini is cheaper and more flexible than a R6 MKII with IBIS.

Thanks for your assistance!
2023-8-31
Use props
aero1199
lvl.2
  • >>>
New Zealand

Bump!
2023-9-19
Use props
HeseTube
lvl.1
  • >>>
Finland

I have Canon R8 and just bought the DJI RS 3 Mini and it works with the usb-c cable and also with bluetooth connection.
2023-9-21
Use props
aero1199
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

HeseTube Posted at 9-21 23:16
I have Canon R8 and just bought the DJI RS 3 Mini and it works with the usb-c cable and also with bluetooth connection.

Interesting thanks for the reply, what did you manage to get working - record button? Any other functionality? Any tips for getting it to work?

Thanks
2023-9-22
Use props
HeseTube
lvl.1
  • >>>
Finland

aero1199 Posted at 9-22 01:03
Interesting thanks for the reply, what did you manage to get working - record button? Any other functionality? Any tips for getting it to work?

Thanks

With Bluetooth: Capture photo, start/stop rec, trigger auto focus
With usb-c: Capture photo, start/stop rec, trigger auto focus, aperture, shutter, ISO and I bet also the pull focus and Ronin image transmitter will work

All I did with bluetooth just from camera bt menu selected the "Connect to wireless remote"
And with cable it just works.
2023-9-22
Use props
aero1199
lvl.2
  • >>>
New Zealand

HeseTube Posted at 9-22 21:58
With Bluetooth: Capture photo, start/stop rec, trigger auto focus
With usb-c: Capture photo, start/stop rec, trigger auto focus, aperture, shutter, ISO and I bet also the pull focus and Ronin image transmitter will work

Thanks ill try it again, maybe something has changed in the app or firmware somewhere
2023-9-23
Use props
Kristoffer Kabell
New

Sweden

Any news on the DJI RS3 mini compatibility with Canon EOS R8? There's contradicting info out there. Thanx!
2023-10-3
Use props
aero1199
lvl.2
  • >>>
New Zealand

Kristoffer Kabell Posted at 10-3 09:34
Any news on the DJI RS3 mini compatibility with Canon EOS R8? There's contradicting info out there. Thanx!

I gave this another go and can confirm (credit to HeseTube) that something has changed and now we have:

Bluetooth: start stop record on button
Usb-C: start stop record button, start/trigger focus, and aperture, shutter, iso (within ronin app)

I do not have any active track features or anything that requires the video feed.
2023-10-3
Use props
Pietrow
New

Australia

Hi guys,

are there any news on R8 compatibility with DJI RS 3 Mini?
It's a bummer that DJI hasn't rolled out support for the Canon R8 camera and surprising given R8's popularity

DJI team, do you have any timeline for this?
2023-10-8
Use props
HeseTube
lvl.1
  • >>>
Finland

Pietrow Posted at 10-8 19:57
Hi guys,

are there any news on R8 compatibility with DJI RS 3 Mini?
R8 is compatible with DJI RS 3 Mini.
2023-10-14
Use props
djiuser_23ETzCuMpSqg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 737346 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will the rs3 focus motor work with the Canon r8? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth getting the combo
2023-12-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_23ETzCuMpSqg Posted at 12-5 17:49
Will the rs3 focus motor work with the Canon r8? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth getting the combo

Hey there, thank you for your question, upon checking, we confirmed that rs3 focus motor can not be used with rs3 mini, if your device is mini,then this can not be used together.
2023-12-5
Use props
djiuser_23ETzCuMpSqg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 737346 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-5 23:38
Hey there, thank you for your question, upon checking, we confirmed that rs3 focus motor can not be used with rs3 mini, if your device is mini,then this can not be used together.

I'm not asking if the rs3 focus motor can be used with the rs3 mini.  I want to buy an rs3 and have the Canon r8 camera.  I want to know if the rs3 focus motor will work with the canonr8 camera.  I'm trying to figure out if it's worth buying the rs3 combo, or just the regular rs3 to go with my Canon eos r8 camera
2023-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules