921 11 2023-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yesterday I was shooting some Wide Angle (9 Frame) panos w/ my M3C.  The center 3 frames shot no issue.  Then when it would rotate and take the 3 on either side the camera would roll +/- 10-15 degs.  I would have to re-center the camera and try again.  It usually worked after hte recenter but then after a few more panos it started rolling again and I'd have to recenter the gimbal again.  Any one else encounter this?  
2023-4-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. “Then when it would rotate and take the 3 on either side the camera would roll +/- 10-15 degs.  I would have to re-center the camera and try again. “  Do you mean it will not automatically shoot the 3 photos at this point unless you recenter the camera and try again?
2023-4-12
Use props
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-12 00:48
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. “Then when it would rotate and take the 3 on either side the camera would roll +/- 10-15 degs.  I would have to re-center the camera and try again. “  Do you mean it will not automatically shoot the 3 photos at this point unless you recenter the camera and try again?

It would continue taking the pano and stitch it causing weird results with tilted/warped buildings.  Issue is with gimbal roll only.  Camera function is good.  Re-centering would straighten the gimbal and the panos after would come out normal.  The drone would only yaw and adjust pitch of the camera like it should, no camera roll.  Then after several panos it would start with camera roll again.  I will PM you a photo, since it not for public distribution.      
2023-4-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 4-12 05:11
It would continue taking the pano and stitch it causing weird results with tilted/warped buildings.  Issue is with gimbal roll only.  Camera function is good.  Re-centering would straighten the gimbal and the panos after would come out normal.  The drone would only yaw and adjust pitch of the camera like it should, no camera roll.  Then after several panos it would start with camera roll again.  I will PM you a photo, since it not for public distribution.

Thank you so much for the reply. We also replied to you in PM. Would you please share with us the whole set of Pano you shot? Also, it would be more helpful for us if you screen recorded this issue before.
2023-4-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 4-12 05:11
It would continue taking the pano and stitch it causing weird results with tilted/warped buildings.  Issue is with gimbal roll only.  Camera function is good.  Re-centering would straighten the gimbal and the panos after would come out normal.  The drone would only yaw and adjust pitch of the camera like it should, no camera roll.  Then after several panos it would start with camera roll again.  I will PM you a photo, since it not for public distribution.

This has been well known for over a year.
If you shoot your panos manually, start wherever you like.
But if you want to use the automated pano feature and be able to stitch yourself, you need to start with the camera at 0°.
Start with the camera higher or lower and you get the rotated shots at the left and right sides.
2023-4-13
Use props
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-13 01:06
This has been well known for over a year.
If you shoot your panos manually, start wherever you like.
But if you want to use the automated pano feature and be able to stitch yourself, you need to start with the camera at 0°.

I searched quickly the other day and didn't find anything.  I searched more in-depth after your reply and found another post.  Never had this issue on my M2P.
2023-4-13
Use props
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-13 00:48
Thank you so much for the reply. We also replied to you in PM. Would you please share with us the whole set of Pano you shot? Also, it would be more helpful for us if you screen recorded this issue before.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D772%26typeid%3D772
2023-4-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 4-13 05:54
I searched quickly the other day and didn't find anything.  I searched more in-depth after your reply and found another post.  Never had this issue on my M2P.

This issue only happens with drones that use the DJI fly app.
It never happened with drones using DJI Go 4.
2023-4-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

. . . . . . . .

2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 4-13 05:55
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=260421&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D772%26typeid%3D772

May we know if you have the same issue as the post? If so, Pano has 4 modes in total. When shooting a photo in Wide Angle and Vertical modes, if the gimbal shoots from a top view, it must be tilted to finish shooting. As such, the final photo will become bent and misshapen. To obtain a Pano photo on the horizontal horizon, please rotate the gimbal angle to 0°.
2023-4-14
Use props
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-14 00:32
May we know if you have the same issue as the post? If so, Pano has 4 modes in total. When shooting a photo in Wide Angle and Vertical modes, if the gimbal shoots from a top view, it must be tilted to finish shooting. As such, the final photo will become bent and misshapen. To obtain a Pano photo on the horizontal horizon, please rotate the gimbal angle to 0°.

@DJI Wanda, so this is a new feature?  Seams to work as you describe.  It would be nice if when DJI changes an established feature they provide the user an update.  In previous models the drone would auto 0 and start from the same point always.  
2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 4-14 07:52
@DJI Wanda, so this is a new feature?  Seams to work as you describe.  It would be nice if when DJI changes an established feature they provide the user an update.  In previous models the drone would auto 0 and start from the same point always.

I think you may say the scenario that when shooting a Pano photo in a Wide Angle or Vertical mode with the gimbal from a bottom view. In this case, the gimbal will go back to 0° before shooting.
2023-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules