Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What is the Remote ID on the Air 2S?
12Next >
21069 49 2023-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_aRJ9x3Okd2lT
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello everbody

I am being asked to provide the Remote ID of my Air 2S but I am not sure what exactly it is. Is it the aircraft SN? Is it the aircraft name?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pablo.
2023-4-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should be able to get your answer in the below video.  Start at 3:52.

2023-4-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For the drone with a 14-digit alphanumeric serial number, the Remote ID serial number is not the same as the drone serial number (or flight controller serial number). You can get the Remote ID serial number of these aircraft by going to DJI FLY APP > General Settings (3dots, upper right corner of the live feed) > About > Remote ID SN. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-4-11
Use props
fans977615cb
New
Flight distance : 29108 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-11 21:13
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For the drone with a 14-digit alphanumeric serial number, the Remote ID serial number is not the same as the drone serial number (or flight controller serial number). You can get the Remote ID serial number of these aircraft by going to DJI FLY APP > General Settings (3dots, upper right corner of the live feed) > About > Remote ID SN. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi, I'm trying to register my air 2s with the FAA and there is no Remote ID serial number in the app like you listed above. There is also nothing listed under the battery as well. See image for clarification. How do get issued a RID serial number from DJI?
Thanks,

2023-4-25
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

fans977615cb Posted at 4-25 14:43
Hi, I'm trying to register my air 2s with the FAA and there is no Remote ID serial number in the app like you listed above. There is also nothing listed under the battery as well. See image for clarification. How do get issued a RID serial number from DJI?
Thanks,

Make sure the Fly App and drone are both fully updated.
2023-4-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans977615cb Posted at 4-25 14:43
Thanks,

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to install the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and connect your aircraft and remote controller then update/refresh the firmware? If you are using a mobile device with the DJI Fly app on it, please update the app to the latest version or reinstall the app and see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-4-27
Use props
fans6af3c192
lvl.1
Flight distance : 378406 ft
United States

I have an Air 2S  with all the latest software updates and I do not believe it is transmitting remote IID. I look in the settings  and it shows that I have a remote I’d. I check with drone scan while I am connected and flying and it does not show my drone broadcasting a remote I’d. Any help would be appreciated.
2023-5-28
Use props
PaPorcel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi everybody,

Something that I didn't say on the original post is that I am United Kingdom based. After a bit of back and forth with DJI, they have confirmed that Air 2S doesn't support RID in this country as there is no legal requirement for it.

Regards,

Pablo.
2023-5-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans6af3c192 Posted at 5-28 05:48
I have an Air 2S  with all the latest software updates and I do not believe it is transmitting remote IID. I look in the settings  and it shows that I have a remote I’d. I check with drone scan while I am connected and flying and it does not show my drone broadcasting a remote I’d. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. There are several ways to check the RID functionality and it is as follows:
1. The Remote ID display on the app;
2. The Remote ID serial number displayed in "Available Networks" in WLAN.
Moreover, if RID is not functioning, the app will prompt an RID error. We hope this clarifies your concern.
2023-5-30
Use props
djiuser_cVyKocXpqxhP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 306985 ft
United States

fans6af3c192 Posted at 5-28 05:48
I am seeing the same thing.  Perhaps should say not seeing it.  I am not sure how reliable the apps are.
2023-7-8
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I have noticed that the Remote ID isn't broadcasting either.  I have checked Drone Scanner and it isn't showing up.  I have verified that it is turned on and everything that you suggested above and it isn't showing up at all.  I am using a separate phone for this.  
2023-7-9
Use props
shute1
New

United States

I have a AIR2S in the U.S. and I found the drone serial number and controller serial number and they are the same.   These serial numbers are not included in the serial numbers on the AIR2S Declaration of Compliance from the FAA.   Will there be a firmware update to make the AIR2S compliant or do I have to get a remote ID module and glue it on my drone?
2023-8-2
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

shute1@me.com Posted at 8-2 07:48
I have a AIR2S in the U.S. and I found the drone serial number and controller serial number and they are the same.   These serial numbers are not included in the serial numbers on the AIR2S Declaration of Compliance from the FAA.   Will there be a firmware update to make the AIR2S compliant or do I have to get a remote ID module and glue it on my drone?

if you have a >250g drone which does not have an faa compliance document approved, you will need to attach a broadcast module in order to fly legally in most areas in the u.s.
2023-8-2
Use props
fansb114b5d2
New

United States

I understand that a non-compliant drone would need a module but the AIR2S is on the blue list.  I have a Declaration of Compliance from the FAA.  The problem is that it's serial number is not in the range of numbers provided by the FAA.  Are some AIR2S's compliant but not all?
2023-8-2
Use props
Empty Pockets
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-27 01:04
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to install the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and connect your aircraft and remote controller then update/refresh the firmware? If you are using a mobile device with the DJI Fly app on it, please update the app to the latest version or reinstall the app and see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Are all Air2S's remote ID compliant?
2023-8-2
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

shute1@me.com Posted at 8-2 07:48
I have a AIR2S in the U.S. and I found the drone serial number and controller serial number and they are the same.   These serial numbers are not included in the serial numbers on the AIR2S Declaration of Compliance from the FAA.   Will there be a firmware update to make the AIR2S compliant or do I have to get a remote ID module and glue it on my drone?

Did you purchase in another country? Is the software all up to date?
2023-8-2
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansb114b5d2 Posted at 8-2 09:57
I understand that a non-compliant drone would need a module but the AIR2S is on the blue list.  I have a Declaration of Compliance from the FAA.  The problem is that it's serial number is not in the range of numbers provided by the FAA.  Are some AIR2S's compliant but not all?

It's hard to say because no one knows for sure what the serial number range really means or how it is intended to be use.  I personally believe the manufacturer would provide the serial number range IF part of the models were complaint and part were not.  But perhaps someone might think they had to provide a serial number range even if all models are complaint and that would be ok if you included the entire possible range for the future.  But we all know the FAA process is not tight so if you have a DoC from the FAA that you believe is valid, I would just go with that.  It's not up to the pilot to repeatedly query the FAA and DJI for clarification.  Use one of the valid RID APPs on the market to validate the transmission for yourself if that helps.
2023-8-2
Use props
ERICOFMEMPHIS
New

United States

After all of my firmware updates there was no change until I also updated my DJIFLY app. Everything looks good for me now. Remote ID and Serial # are not the same but the serial # is part of the longer string of characters. I hope this helps.
2023-8-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Empty Pockets Posted at 8-2 10:32
Are all Air2S's remote ID compliant?

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, the DJI Air 2s is listed as compliant with Remote ID firmware. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-8-4
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

From FAA compliance list.

AIR 2S -  https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs/RID000000007   Carry a copy of this form to show remote ID Compliance!

Accepted
Tracking #: RID000000007

Created: 9.6.2022
Remote ID Declaration of Compliance

Declaration For: Unmanned Aircraft

Make:

DJI

Model:

Air 2S

FCC Identifier:

SS3-DA2SUE12011

Serial #: 1581F3YT000000000000 - 1581F3YTFFFFFFFFFFFF
MOC Tracking Numbers: (#RID-ASTM-F3586-22-NOA-22-01) ASTM-F3586-22 with additions

2023-8-4
Use props
Whitestone Wings
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1311463 ft
United States

ERICOFMEMPHIS Posted at 8-3 06:46
After all of my firmware updates there was no change until I also updated my DJIFLY app. Everything looks good for me now. Remote ID and Serial # are not the same but the serial # is part of the longer string of characters. I hope this helps.

It appears that a  1581F prefix is added to the serial number and is broadcast as the RID identifier.  I bought mine used and couldn't find the number so that I could register it. I ended up jut flying it 50 feet away and used a Karen app to see the number so I could get it registered.
2023-8-29
Use props
Whitestone Wings
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1311463 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 8-2 13:31
It's hard to say because no one knows for sure what the serial number range really means or how it is intended to be use.  I personally believe the manufacturer would provide the serial number range IF part of the models were complaint and part were not.  But perhaps someone might think they had to provide a serial number range even if all models are complaint and that would be ok if you included the entire possible range for the future.  But we all know the FAA process is not tight so if you have a DoC from the FAA that you believe is valid, I would just go with that.  It's not up to the pilot to repeatedly query the FAA and DJI for clarification.  Use one of the valid RID APPs on the market to validate the transmission for yourself if that helps.

It appears that DJI list all of the Air 2S production as being compliant. I am assuming that in these serial numbers below  the 1581F is the RID compliance number, 3YT is the model designator and the zeros through Fs are the individual serial numbers in hex.  
1581F3YT000000000000 - 1581F3YTFFFFFFFFFFFF
2023-8-29
Use props
LKJR
New
Flight distance : 1887146 ft
United States

fansb114b5d2 Posted at 8-2 09:57
I understand that a non-compliant drone would need a module but the AIR2S is on the blue list.  I have a Declaration of Compliance from the FAA.  The problem is that it's serial number is not in the range of numbers provided by the FAA.  Are some AIR2S's compliant but not all?

I have the same problem. Have been in contact with support via phone and email for about a month with no resolution. The serial number on  the DOC at uasdoc.faa.gov shows Serial #: 1581F3YT000000000000 - 1581F3YTFFFFFFFFFFFF. DJI support confirmed that it should be 1581F3YT000000000000 - 1581FZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and that the FAA is to blame. My understanding is that DJI would have submitted the Remote ID Declaration of Compliance therefore DJI would have to update or replace the current record. DJI support keeps referring me to the FAA, however I cannot find a channel voice or email to which the FAA will respond. As I read the law my DJI Air 2s will become non-compliant when the new rules go into effect. Very disappointed at DJI's lack of support here.  
2023-9-9
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Your DJI Air2s is already compliant (as long as you have the latest sw update and your serial number falls in the range).

Here's the document to prove it:  https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs/RID000000007

There are no additional steps required to fly legally.  (in my non-legal opinion).

Why exactly do you feel your drone is non-compliant specifically?
2023-9-9
Use props
PaPorcel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello The Saint. I live in the UK where, DJI tells me, there's no legislation calling for remote ID compliance. Therefore, drones here do not have that capability like they do in the US.

THanks for all your replies!
2023-9-10
Use props
LKJR
New
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-9 11:54
Your DJI Air2s is already compliant (as long as you have the latest sw update and your serial number falls in the range).

Here's the document to prove it:  https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs/RID000000007

I have an AIR 2s that has the latest updates, however the serial number falls beyond the range of the serial numbers listed. For example the 10th position in my alpha-numeric serial number is K which is beyond F in the RID DOC at the URL you mention.
2023-9-10
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LKJR Posted at 9-10 15:09
I have an AIR 2s that has the latest updates, however the serial number falls beyond the range of the serial numbers listed. For example the 10th position in my alpha-numeric serial number is K which is beyond F in the RID DOC at the URL you mention.

so the first 10 digits of your serial number are 1581F3YTFK?

I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as you can enter your serial number correctly into the database.  Someone probably made a mistake on the DoC (likely DJI) but that's to be expected when the work is sloppy and you have people doing the job who don't care about the details.
2023-9-10
Use props
LKJR
New
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-10 15:57
so the first 10 digits of your serial number are 1581F3YTFK?

I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as you can enter your serial number correctly into the database.  Someone probably made a mistake on the DoC (likely DJI) but that's to be expected when the work is sloppy and you have people doing the job who don't care about the details.

Almost correct, one position off. Here is where it goes beyond the range.

1581F3YTFFFFFFFFFFFF <-- What's on https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs/RID000000007
1581F3YT3K[last 10-digits removed] <-- My serial number

Frustrates me that I get alternating responses from DJI. Some of their support team says that the serial number range is wrong in the DOC, some say it's right (presumably I'm an idiot), other say the FCC messed it up. What's clear is that there is no ownership. Reminds me of Abbott and Costello's Who's on First skit. I have given up hope on working out a solution with support. At least we now have until March to worry about it.
2023-9-20
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LKJR Posted at 9-20 17:29
Almost correct, one position off. Here is where it goes beyond the range.

1581F3YTFFFFFFFFFFFF

He're what ChatGPT says:

Q:  What comes first, 1581F3YTFF or 1581F3YT3K?
A:  When comparing the two alphanumeric strings, you typically start from the leftmost character and proceed rightward until a difference is found.

Both strings start with "1581F3YT".

The difference arises at the next character:
- The first string has "F"
- The second string has "3"

Comparing "F" and "3", using the standard alphanumeric ordering (where numbers come before letters), "3" comes before "F".

So, 1581F3YT3K comes before 1581F3YTFF.

Q:  Is 1581F3YT3K1234567890 between 1581F3YT000000000000 and 1581F3YTFFFFFFFFFFFF?
A:  To determine if "1581F3YT3K1234567890" is between "1581F3YT000000000000" and "1581F3YTFFFFFFFFFFFF", we can compare the alphanumeric strings one by one.

Starting with "1581F3YT", all three strings are identical.

Comparing the subsequent characters:
- The string "1581F3YT3K1234567890" has "3K1234567890".
- The string "1581F3YT000000000000" has "000000000000".
- The string "1581F3YTFFFFFFFFFFFF" has "FFFFFFFFFFFF".

Considering standard alphanumeric ordering (where numbers come before letters):

3 comes after 0 but before F.
K (the next character in the target string) comes after both 0 and 3 but before F.

Therefore, "1581F3YT3K1234567890" is indeed between "1581F3YT000000000000" and "1581F3YTFFFFFFFFFFFF".
2023-9-20
Use props
djiuser_QvLFUI39freK
New

United States

I have a smart controller. Once I updated the DJI app (not fly, not go, not the account, not the firmware but on the home screen for the controller and then the bubble with the ! in it) the ID appeared where everyone says it's supposed to in the Fly app.
it's really close to what someone else said though: The manf number (1581F) then the serial number and of all freaking things a 0 added to the end. I don't know if that will always hold true but it's what showed up on mine.
2023-9-23
Use props
bhallapple
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6587844 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-11 21:13

not finding this,  has there been a change since 4-1?1
2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

bhallapple Posted at 9-27 08:12
not finding this,  has there been a change since 4-1?1

Hi there. We're sorry if you are having issues on finding the Remote ID serial number. You may go to the DJI Fly app "About" page (on the camera view, click the 3 dots then go to About). The Remote ID serial number will appear together with other serial numbers of your unit. If you still have the same issue, please send us a screenshot showing the about section of the DJI Fly app and the app version so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-9-29
Use props
fansa2d4a99a
lvl.1

Portugal

ola boa tarde, em Portugal me faz falta o remote id, mas nao aprace na aplicacao onde coloar o numero de remote id . como posso fazer ?
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fansa2d4a99a Posted at 12-26 06:29
ola boa tarde, em Portugal me faz falta o remote id, mas nao aprace na aplicacao onde coloar o numero de remote id . como posso fazer ?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Are you referring to the UAS Operator Registration Number? If yes, you can find this entrance by following this path: DJI Fly app > General settings (...) > Safety > Remote ID > UAS Remote ID Identification. Make sure that you are using the latest firmware and the app is updated. Hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-12-26
Use props
fansa2d4a99a
lvl.1

Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-26 21:25
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Are you referring to the UAS Operator Registration Number? If yes, you can find this entrance by following this path: DJI Fly app > General settings (...) > Safety > Remote ID > UAS Remote ID Identification. Make sure that you are using the latest firmware and the app is updated. Hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead.

tenho tudo atualizado (drone e smartcontroller) e não aparece onde colocar o n de operador (remote id)
2023-12-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fansa2d4a99a Posted at 12-27 05:28
tenho tudo atualizado (drone e smartcontroller) e não aparece onde colocar o n de operador (remote id)

Thank you for your response. Can you please confirm what specific drone are you referring to? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-12-28
Use props
djiuser_LrPPCdw1pBg4
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-12-28 23:30
Thank you for your response. Can you please confirm what specific drone are you referring to? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I am another person, but I have the same problem. My DJ Air 2S has all the updates that the DJ Fly app can find, but there is no possibility to enter a remote ID. There is no Remote ID label in Safety  (or in About, as I've seen suggested elsewhere).

My drone does remind me though, that I have to enter the Remote ID to be compliant with the rules for drone flying in Sweden. I am registered in Sweden, and I do have an ID that I would like to enter.
2-17 07:35
Use props
fansa2d4a99a
lvl.1

Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-12-28 23:30

mavic air 2 S  estou em portugal
2-18 05:10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_LrPPCdw1pBg4 Posted at 2-17 07:35
I am another person, but I have the same problem. My DJ Air 2S has all the updates that the DJ Fly app can find, but there is no possibility to enter a remote ID. There is no Remote ID label in Safety  (or in About, as I've seen suggested elsewhere).

My drone does remind me though, that I have to enter the Remote ID to be compliant with the rules for drone flying in Sweden. I am registered in Sweden, and I do have an ID that I would like to enter.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The application for the C1 class identification label for the DJI Air 2s is expected to be supported in March 2024. The exact date is to be determined by the dedicated EU authority. For the latest news and updates, we suggest you subscribe to our official website at https://www.dji.com/ . We appreciate your valued support.
2-19 01:02
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fansa2d4a99a Posted at 2-18 05:10
mavic air 2 S  estou em portugal

Thank you for the information provided. The application for the C1 class identification of your unit is expected to be supported in March 2024. The exact date will depend on the decision of the dedicated EU authorities. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us.
2-19 01:06
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules