Castle Varrich, Tongue - NC500 Scotland
608 27 2023-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2650046 ft
United Kingdom

Castle Varrich, from a recent Highland roadtrip to visit friends... Only just viable to fly due to the wind, but worth the effort, such a stunning landscape...

2023-4-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Absolutely splendid views. That must be the smallest castle anywhere
The effect of the wind was evident in the POI panning. Nice skills in keeping the drone under control.
2023-4-11
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-11 11:07
Absolutely splendid views. That must be the smallest castle anywhere
The effect of the wind was evident in the POI panning. Nice skills in keeping the drone under control.

Yup, not the largest, but worth a visit and a capture... Thanks it was bucking all over the place, the gusts were the problem, have to say it impresses me more and more this tiny piece of amazing tech!
2023-4-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 4-11 11:12
Yup, not the largest, but worth a visit and a capture... Thanks it was bucking all over the place, the gusts were the problem, have to say it impresses me more and more this tiny piece of amazing tech!

I agree about the abilities of these tiny machines.  I flew mine along a section of the canal today, and it was quite breezy. I switched to mode 'C' instead of 'N' for a bit more control.
2023-4-11
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-11 11:28
I agree about the abilities of these tiny machines.  I flew mine along a section of the canal today, and it was quite breezy. I switched to mode 'C' instead of 'N' for a bit more control.

Had to fly in Sports mode up there, C and N werent sufficient to stop from being blown away! :0
2023-4-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 4-11 11:39
Had to fly in Sports mode up there, C and N werent sufficient to stop from being blown away! :0

Wow! That was courageous

2023-4-11
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-11 11:43
Wow! That was courageous

Only option with the weather, and a limited opportunity to fly, we arrived on Friday afternoon and had to return on Monday morning, an 8 hr drive each way, so took the chance and it paid off... No footage from the Monday, but a few more to process yet from the Friday, Saturday and Sunday at lower level...
2023-4-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 4-11 11:52
Only option with the weather, and a limited opportunity to fly, we arrived on Friday afternoon and had to return on Monday morning, an 8 hr drive each way, so took the chance and it paid off... No footage from the Monday, but a few more to process yet from the Friday, Saturday and Sunday at lower level...

Our weekend was rather more sedate
I got a short flight over the nearby housing development to review progress.
And the Action 2 accompanied me for a canal towpath walk on Monday.
Some footage to process for uploading.
2023-4-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Magnificent views of the small castle and the beautiful Scottish countryside.  
2023-4-11
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-11 12:42
Magnificent views of the small castle and the beautiful Scottish countryside.

Thanks, lots more footage to process yet, some of it without the wind
2023-4-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 4-11 12:46
Thanks, lots more footage to process yet, some of it without the wind

My pleasure.  Definitely looking forward to see more of your footage.  Hope you are having a wonderful week.
2023-4-11
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-11 13:47
My pleasure.  Definitely looking forward to see more of your footage.  Hope you are having a wonderful week.

Thanks, yes, not too bad a week so far, glad to have had the chance to get flying the drone again, winter has been pretty busy with other projects and a lack of flying weather, hopefully the next few months will be much better
2023-4-11
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Cute little castle. I didn't remember but I already put it on my list with the ominous note: 1 h walk? Is that true?
2023-4-11
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 4-11 21:24
Cute little castle. I didn't remember but I already put it on my list with the ominous note: 1 h walk? Is that true?

I would say it depends on your fitness level, I am not particularly fit, but we made the walk with only a couple of short stops in about an hour, its 10-15 mins down from the village to the bridge, then 10-15 mins through the woods and 25 mins up the hill, so 45 to 55 mins each way if you aren't rushing - if you put on a bit of speed, then an hour round trip would be possible, we were with older friends, who both use a stick, so kept to their pace and made it in about 50 mins, definitely worth it for the view though...  
2023-4-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely work.  
2023-4-11
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks, it is appreciated
2023-4-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 4-11 20:53
Thanks, yes, not too bad a week so far, glad to have had the chance to get flying the drone again, winter has been pretty busy with other projects and a lack of flying weather, hopefully the next few months will be much better

I hear you on the weather.  It has been off quite a bit here this year.  Getting more rain that ever before followed by days of gusty winds.  I'm hoping May will usher in much better weather.  Hope you weather gets better soon also.
2023-4-12
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-12 02:54
I hear you on the weather.  It has been off quite a bit here this year.  Getting more rain that ever before followed by days of gusty winds.  I'm hoping May will usher in much better weather.  Hope you weather gets better soon also.

Thanks, hopefully it will soon be better, we are off to Scotland again in 2 weeks, for a week, then again in June and October, so I am hoping to get lots of drone flying done then...
2023-4-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 4-12 03:01
Thanks, hopefully it will soon be better, we are off to Scotland again in 2 weeks, for a week, then again in June and October, so I am hoping to get lots of drone flying done then...

I was stationed in Scotland for 3 years and really enjoyed my time there.  The weather was not always the best but there was so much to see.  I wish I would have owned a drone when I was stationed there.  
2023-4-12
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Albion Drones Posted at 4-11 21:34
I would say it depends on your fitness level, I am not particularly fit, but we made the walk with only a couple of short stops in about an hour, its 10-15 mins down from the village to the bridge, then 10-15 mins through the woods and 25 mins up the hill, so 45 to 55 mins each way if you aren't rushing - if you put on a bit of speed, then an hour round trip would be possible, we were with older friends, who both use a stick, so kept to their pace and made it in about 50 mins, definitely worth it for the view though...

Thanks a lot, I will update my list accordingly...
2023-4-12
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 4-12 06:07
Thanks a lot, I will update my list accordingly...

YVW I'm not particularly fit and managed it without too much bother
2023-4-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Beautiful video!
2023-4-13
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks, its a stunning area...
2023-4-14
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice!  Was suppose to go to Scotland myself this month...but got canceled at last minute.  Still on my bucket list of places to visit.  I'm sure you had a great time...thanks for sharing.
2023-4-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Albion Drones Posted at 4-14 06:36
Thanks, its a stunning area...

You're welcome.
So it seems indeed!
2023-4-14
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 813307 ft
Germany

Nice video of a really great castle. Wow, what a scenery.
2023-4-15
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

ElleKN Posted at 4-15 00:17
Nice video of a really great castle. Wow, what a scenery.

Thanks, it really is an amazing spot, the video doesnt do it full justice, can't wait to go back, perhaps when less windy
2023-4-15
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567031 ft
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage
2023-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules