Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Official DJI Statement on RID for Enterprise Systems
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Official DJI Statement on RID for Enterprise Systems
2023-4-11
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13335725 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice, thank you for sharing. I still have a few questions about this whole thing..
1) What if your drone is never registered with the FAA? You're broatcasting your SN but they don't have any way to link that with someone. Of course DJI will hand that info over with no hesitation but what if someone uses a burner DJI account when a drone is activated?
2) I've used several Android apps for picking up RID signals. My M3E and also a few Dronetags have been spotted. When I'm flying a M300 with RID enabled I have yet to recieve a signal from it.
3) I hate when RID is compared to a license plate. They're not at all the same. License plates are a passive way of identification. They don't actively broadcast a single thing. They're more like the tail number on an airplane or a registration sticker on a drone. I'm fine with either of those types of ID.
4) Airplanes and helicopters have ADSB but there's nothing by law that requires them to use it. So why are drones now required to have an ADSB equivalent?
5) DJI's official statement has always strongly advised to NOT use any kind of third party attachment/wrap/props/etc. on their drones. Why has this policy all the sudden done a 180 when it comes to a RID module?

I won't lie I could keep listing stuff but I'll leave it at that for now.
2023-4-11
Use props
djiuser_baD3G1AKy0aC
New

Pakistan

Hi  i want to get some information i found on some writing on the back of  mavic 3 legs/arms  why is that as i found some mavic 3 don't have these statements or written details on legs   so my question is why is it
Do these writing represent some different model or just old version please help  
2023-4-12
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

Johnnokomis Posted at 4-11 16:58
Very nice, thank you for sharing. I still have a few questions about this whole thing..
1) What if your drone is never registered with the FAA? You're broatcasting your SN but they don't have any way to link that with someone. Of course DJI will hand that info over with no hesitation but what if someone uses a burner DJI account when a drone is activated?
2) I've used several Android apps for picking up RID signals. My M3E and also a few Dronetags have been spotted. When I'm flying a M300 with RID enabled I have yet to recieve a signal from it.

The worst of all about RID : it doesn't integrate with the other airspace users ID solutions. Gliders have Flarm, UAV RiD, other ADS...air balloons use yet another system.

Security?
2023-4-12
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13335725 ft
  • >>>
United States

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 4-12 22:52
The worst of all about RID : it doesn't integrate with the other airspace users ID solutions. Gliders have Flarm, UAV RiD, other ADS...air balloons use yet another system.

Security?

Good point. Sort of like how useless I think a LAANC authorization is. If I have a LAANC in a certain area and another pilot comes to the same area and also is given LAANC approval, why isn't either of us given a warning of each other? Even airplanes in the area aren't notified of UAV traffic in that space. So what is the point of the whole deal?

The specific rule that I think upsets everyone the most is the requirement to broadcast the location of the controller at all times. But yet this isn't a requirement if using an add on module, it only records the take off point. So the biggest privacy concern for this whole RID BS is only a requirement on newer drones with the capability to broadcast built in.
2023-4-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 4-12 22:52

Security?

I asked the same question during a meeting with the local CAA because the RID system should arrive sooner or later in Europe.

The answer is very clear. For them, the RID is not intended to integrate drones into the airspace. The objective is to protect sensitive sites (airport, prison, etc.) by allowing the police to identify a drone and its user remotely.

Moreover, during this meeting there was a representative of the LGS, it is the institution in charge of air traffic control. Below 120m they don't want to have anything to manage. On the other hand above 120m they ask for an ADSB transponder, the RID is useless for them.

2023-4-13
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-13 22:02
I asked the same question during a meeting with the local CAA because the RID system should arrive sooner or later in Europe.

The answer is very clear. For them, the RID is not intended to integrate drones into the airspace. The objective is to protect sensitive sites (airport, prison, etc.) by allowing the police to identify a drone and its user remotely.

Lol, even between member state they don't align on "communication...RID is promoted here as a key for UTM/"Urban Air Mobility/U-Space"

2023-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules