Flying ethics
1934 12 2015-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomswell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 268438 ft
United States

The more I fly the more confrontation arises. At rural home, simple, communication with all neighbors to let them voice concerns.
Has anyone had their bird shot at?
On the road a different matter.  Now camping the I find some feel a one battery flight isn't acceptable. I feel uncomfortable with confrontation, perhaps some feel threatened .... Different strokes for different folks ... Taking off as far away as possible from others is one solution but line of sight is always preferred.  
Awsom pictures never possible before!
People, some I can do without!
I simply can't notify
2015-8-23
Use props
tomswell
lvl.2
United States

Tough to post with iPhone  / can't notify all campers
2015-8-23
Use props
tomswell
lvl.2
United States

Boy I dislike being acousted, who's right? Small piloted arircraft fly over, can't complain to them.
2015-8-23
Use props
Rilic85
New

United States

Well if they are voicing concerns if you are taking pictures, I would just let them know that the camera is to assist with flight and if pictures/video is taken just reassure them that the pictures/video taken was not of them or their property. I can see how confrontation can be difficult remember be the bigger person and treat them with respect and do not get into a shouting match it is easier to land your bird and walk away then trying to land your bird while arguing.   Live to fly another day buddy.  and if someone is popping shots off at your bird call the police as that is very dangerous not just on your end but for anyone else around.
2015-8-23
Use props
Rilic85
New

United States

also if you have doubt about flying in an area then i would not launch the bird just find a spot you are comfortable with
2015-8-23
Use props
ageelectrical
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have to wonder I plane crashes killing 11people minding their own business driving,  what ethics do you put to them
We all have planes and helps flying over our properties  sometimes less than 400feet
Just seems a little petty
2015-8-23
Use props
ageelectrical
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have to wonder I plane crashes killing 11people minding their own business driving,  what ethics do you put to them
We all have planes and helps flying over our properties  sometimes less than 400feet
Just seems a little petty
2015-8-23
Use props
Rilic85
New

United States

What are the safety guidelines for sUAS recreational users?

Follow community-based safety guidelines, as developed by organizations such as the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA).

Fly no higher than 400 feet and remain below any surrounding obstacles when possible.

Keep your sUAS in eyesight at all times, and use an observer to assist if needed.

Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations, and you must see and avoid other aircraft and obstacles at all times.

Do not intentionally fly over unprotected persons or moving vehicles, and remain at least 25 feet away from individuals and vulnerable property.

Contact the airport or control tower before flying within five miles of an airport.

Do not fly in adverse weather conditions such as in high winds or reduced visibility.

Do not fly under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Ensure the operating environment is safe and that the operator is competent and proficient in the operation of the sUAS.

Do not fly near or over sensitive infrastructure or property such as power stations, water treatment facilities, correctional facilities, heavily traveled roadways, government facilities, etc.

Check and follow all local laws and ordinances before flying over private property.

Do not conduct surveillance or photograph persons in areas where there is an expectation of privacy without the individual’s permission (see AMA’s privacy policy).

you crash and kill 11 people driving then that is on you unless you can prove other wise
2015-8-29
Use props
Eltmiester
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Rilic85 Posted at 2015-8-29 17:54
What are the safety guidelines for sUAS recreational users?

Follow community-based safety guideline ...

A few days ago I was flying at near legal altitude of 400ft, which as we know makes the bird all but silent from ground level.
Apparently not!
A rower approached me post flight and suggested it was putting him off his stroke.
The more popular UAS become the more unpopular we become.
2015-8-29
Use props
nwellborn85
lvl.2

United States

Eltmiester Posted at 2015-8-29 15:08
A few days ago I was flying at near legal altitude of 400ft, which as we know makes the bird all b ...

Tell the rower that he's putting you off your sticks and that it's very dangerous.
2015-8-29
Use props
Eltmiester
lvl.2

United Kingdom

nwellborn85 Posted at 2015-8-29 21:46
Tell the rower that he's putting you off your sticks and that it's very dangerous.

Yes, good call. Obviously I was in the wrong - should of realised he owned the river!!!!
2015-8-29
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

i keep a copy of my flying guidelines and politely explain to the person that i comply with all the regulations and am not here to take pictures of people........................ and tell them there is no telephoto in the plane because telephoto lenses are heavy
2015-8-29
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

It would be a case by case... I do agree it is getting more and more difficult... no matter where you go people will show up at one point. If i fly and someone shows up I always give the option to land while they are there. Most people want to talk and are entertained. Some are negative, but I deal with negative all day so I know how to handle most occasions.
If people are already there i usually find another spot. It goes both ways... you have to respect them as much as they should respect you... always a hard concept though.
2015-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules