Does Flight Data Record Camera/Gimbal Information?
574 9 2023-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky Biscuit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1922920 ft
Canada

Might have a damage disagreement with the repair person on my hands. Does anyone know if there is any camera and or gimbal information recorded in the flight data? I'm specifically looking for something that would indicate the levelness or lack there of. Just got my repair quote back and they don't think there's anything wrong with the gimbal.
2023-4-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we managed to find out your case number through your forum account. Could you please tell us more details about the gimbal issue? May I confirm do you mean the gimbal is malfunctioning?
2023-4-11
Use props
Sky Biscuit
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-11 17:17
Hi there, we managed to find out your case number through your forum account. Could you please tell us more details about the gimbal issue? May I confirm do you mean the gimbal is malfunctioning?

Hey. I believe there is a gimbal issue. By posting here I didn't mean to get more people on the case, the last correspondence was that they were still working on it, so I'm not too worried yet!

As I described in the initial report, every time I fly sideways in Sports mode, the camera jitters significantly and it struggles to maintain level. Also occasionally if I am flying normally, still in Sports mode, the camera will not maintain level, and will also record what appears to be significant motor vibration, so the video ends up looking like every second line of pixels is sifted too far. Unfortunately I didn't keep any examples of this.
2023-4-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sky Biscuit Posted at 4-11 17:50
Hey. I believe there is a gimbal issue. By posting here I didn't mean to get more people on the case, the last correspondence was that they were still working on it, so I'm not too worried yet!

As I described in the initial report, every time I fly sideways in Sports mode, the camera jitters significantly and it struggles to maintain level. Also occasionally if I am flying normally, still in Sports mode, the camera will not maintain level, and will also record what appears to be significant motor vibration, so the video ends up looking like every second line of pixels is sifted too far. Unfortunately I didn't keep any examples of this.

May I ask if this issue will occur in Normal mode (N-mode) or Cine mode (C-mode)? Please note that in S-mode, greater emphasis is placed on flight performance. During the flight, when the aircraft attitude is too large, the gimbal attitude stabilization cannot be guaranteed. If the gimbal is shaky in S-mode only, which is normal.
2023-4-11
Use props
Sky Biscuit
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-11 19:17
May I ask if this issue will occur in Normal mode (N-mode) or Cine mode (C-mode)? Please note that in S-mode, greater emphasis is placed on flight performance. During the flight, when the aircraft attitude is too large, the gimbal attitude stabilization cannot be guaranteed. If the gimbal is shaky in S-mode only, which is normal.

I almost exclusively use Sport, but I don’t believe it does it in the other modes. I would be really surprised if what I’m seeing is a normal function. I’m aware of the sudden moves it makes because it’s in Sport, but this jittering didn’t used to happens. I went months without having it do it.

Are you able to see the video sample I sent in? If not I would love to post it here and get your option.

Thanks!
2023-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sky Biscuit Posted at 4-12 04:01
I almost exclusively use Sport, but I don’t believe it does it in the other modes. I would be really surprised if what I’m seeing is a normal function. I’m aware of the sudden moves it makes because it’s in Sport, but this jittering didn’t used to happens. I went months without having it do it.

Are you able to see the video sample I sent in? If not I would love to post it here and get your option.

Thanks for the added information. We are able to view the video uploaded. We will confirm with the corresponding team and get back to you asap.
2023-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sky Biscuit Posted at 4-12 04:01

Hi there, to better confirm this issue, we need to ask for more detailed information. May I ask will the situation be different in different usage environments? For example, whether there will still be the same problem in not such heavy snow and windy weather? Is there this jitter problem when flying forward?
2023-4-12
Use props
Sky Biscuit
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-12 22:53
Hi there, to better confirm this issue, we need to ask for more detailed information. May I ask will the situation be different in different usage environments? For example, whether there will still be the same problem in not such heavy snow and windy weather? Is there this jitter problem when flying forward?

No, it's the same every time. Sometimes it will briefly fly normally, then start jittering, but it always starts doing it no matter the conditions. It does not do it when flying forwards, only sideways.

Was it snowing in the video I've sent in? I think I've only flown in light snow twice, and once was an emergency

I found a video with the second camera irregularity I had mentioned. This does not happen very often, and only seems to when I'm zoomed in. Notice the strange 'waves' throughout the video:

2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sky Biscuit Posted at 4-13 04:08
No, it's the same every time. Sometimes it will briefly fly normally, then start jittering, but it always starts doing it no matter the conditions. It does not do it when flying forwards, only sideways.

Was it snowing in the video I've sent in? I think I've only flown in light snow twice, and once was an emergency

Hi there, we will confirm with the corresponding team. For the rippling effects issue, it is recommended to either increase the exposure time by using an ND filter or shrinking the lens aperture, or reducing the flight attitude angle to get a better picture effect.
2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sky Biscuit Posted at 4-13 04:08
No, it's the same every time. Sometimes it will briefly fly normally, then start jittering, but it always starts doing it no matter the conditions. It does not do it when flying forwards, only sideways.

Was it snowing in the video I've sent in? I think I've only flown in light snow twice, and once was an emergency

Hi there, we noticed that your case is under reassessment. Please rest assured that our team will send you an email update when the assessment is finished.
2023-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules