Talmine Beach and the Rabbit Isles, NC 500 Scotland
315 10 2023-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2605597 ft
United Kingdom

A short visit to the area over Easter to visit friends afforded us the chance to fly the drone, this was taken mid afternoon, after driving 463 miles in 8 hrs and was a great way to stretch after the long drive. The islands off the coast are the Rabbit Isles, and the mountains inland are Ben Loyal and Ben Hope, both over 3000ft.

Water is amazingly clear and the bay is quite sheltered, making it a great location for a flight, just wish I had panned a little slower at times, but thats what you get for being up at 3am and driving for 8 hrs+!

2023-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lovely colors this time!
2023-5-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

What a stunning location and the colors are magnificent.    Great job after such a long drive to get there.  
2023-5-16
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Lovely beach.
2023-5-16
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Hoping to have another go at it and Skinnet beach onthe way to Orkney - we are staying a night with friends in the area, so a bit of an opportunity
2023-5-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well worth the stop-off after such a mammoth journey.  Lovely location.
2023-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What a beautiful place.  
2023-5-17
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Albion Drones Posted at 5-16 22:15
Hoping to have another go at it and Skinnet beach onthe way to Orkney - we are staying a night with friends in the area, so a bit of an opportunity

Ah, Orkney, probably the best place for prehistory that I know.
2023-5-17
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 5-17 03:18
Ah, Orkney, probably the best place for prehistory that I know.

Been twice before, and loved it, MiL wants to go back, so I aint arguing, will be my first time there with the drone, so expecting a lot of flying - assuming the weather is good and the NT wardens dont work 24/7 ;)
2023-5-17
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Albion Drones Posted at 5-17 03:30
Been twice before, and loved it, MiL wants to go back, so I aint arguing, will be my first time there with the drone, so expecting a lot of flying - assuming the weather is good and the NT wardens dont work 24/7 ;)

I don't remember encountering any NTS there in June 22. Thought it was mostly HS. For the top sights (Maes Howe at least) you probably have to prebook weeks in advance, we couldn't get in.
For the tourist hotspots I went before or after normal opening hours...
2023-5-17
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 5-17 04:59
I don't remember encountering any NTS there in June 22. Thought it was mostly HS. For the top sights (Maes Howe at least) you probably have to prebook weeks in advance, we couldn't get in.
For the tourist hotspots I went before or after normal opening hours...

Yeah, it is HS, we did Maes Howe the last 2 times, and I think most of the drone flying wlll be in the evenings, its the week after Solstice, so weather should be good and the light lingers late, so plenty of opportunity to get the footage once the wardens have gone..
2023-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules