718 6 2023-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Giusy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 736289 ft
Switzerland

Hey guys

I made a mistake flying my Avata last sunday and crashed into a tree while trying to orbit it with the new Motion Controller 2.

Now the drone is hanging in there about 90ft above the ground (28 metres) and i dont have any good idea how to save it. Maybe someone of you had a similar experience and can give me a good advice (besides not crashing it ;-))? I already tried to throw a weight, attached to a rope, up there, to try and shake the branches, but without success.

I already ordered a new one with DJI Care but of course I would like to have the one in the tree back. :-)

2023-4-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you have any tree service companies available in your area?  If so, maybe you could get one of them to get it down for you.  You might have to pay for it but probably worth it to get it back.
2023-4-12
Use props
Giusy
lvl.1
Switzerland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-12 14:00
Do you have any tree service companies available in your area?  If so, maybe you could get one of them to get it down for you.  You might have to pay for it but probably worth it to get it back.

Thank you for the idea. Yes we do and they already told me that with all of the equipment they need and the work, just to get the Avata down there, I could buy about two new drones. ;-) That is the reason I was trying to get her down there by myself.

EDIT: I just confirmed my flyaway and read the Terms & Conditions plus I chatted with the support.  Maybe DJI will go and get it from the tree.
The terms & conditions say that in case of replacing the drone after a flyaway, the original drone belongs to DJI afterwards so it will be blocked. You can not use it anymore after deciding to let it replaced, unfortunately

2023-4-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Giusy Posted at 4-12 20:25
Thank you for the idea. Yes we do and they already told me that with all of the equipment they need and the work, just to get the Avata down there, I could buy about two new drones. ;-) That is the reason I was trying to get her down there by myself.

EDIT: I just confirmed my flyaway and read the Terms & Conditions plus I chatted with the support.  Maybe DJI will go and get it from the tree.

Yeah, they can get expensive.  At least you have flyaway coverage.  
2023-4-13
Use props
Steady123
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Omg don’t want to hear this I’m a newbie lol
2023-5-12
Use props
scoot_flys_drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22644 ft
United States

I'm a newbie crashed my drone so happy to have the care package.  Got a replacement drone within 3 days.  DJI called me and asked if I received the replacement, was it working ok love the customer service!! nice
2023-5-19
Use props
Giusy
lvl.1
Switzerland

Me too, received the new one within a few days and soon got a call. Had the possibility to get a new Avata with 40% discount (paid around 280€ i think) or the one within the flyaway. I like it. :-)
2023-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules