1260 8 2023-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
masternickTV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41086 ft
Philippines

Hi,

Having known that the DJI RC controller has built in GPS and is more than capable of being a beacon for the DJI Mini 3 Pro, it would really be great to have especially when in a low contrast environment. It can't be denied that the controller is more than capable of doing said feature as it's always connected to the drone and I think this feature will greatly improve tracking accuracy.

DJI RC featuring a homing beacon would really be a game changer for solo content creators and others who could use it.

I hope DJI considers this.
2023-4-12
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

+1 for this feature
2023-4-12
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2007070 ft
Canada

I'm not sure I understand the request. The RC already shows the location of the RC and the drone on the map and we can set the RTH point to return to the controller location. Do you mean drawing a line on the map showing the movement of the controller?
2023-4-12
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

MRDroneRookie Posted at 4-12 06:37
I'm not sure I understand the request. The RC already shows the location of the RC and the drone on the map and we can set the RTH point to return to the controller location. Do you mean drawing a line on the map showing the movement of the controller?

He is referring to a feature available with skydio drone beacon.
2023-4-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's a great feature.  I have it on my skydio drone.  Would be cool to have it available for DJI drones.
2023-4-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, masternickTV. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-4-12
Use props
fans630c65df
New
Flight distance : 377766 ft
Vietnam

Litchi (3rd party app) was able to achieve this even on my 3 year old Mini 2. Surely it'd be very easy for DJI to implement this feature. (Not sure why they wouldn't)

Quite surprised that my 1 week old Mini 4 pro still didn't have this feature. Lack of remote tracking and slightly buggy active track made me regret upgrading to Mini 4 Pro too soon.

DJI - Please give us more tracking options and improve Mini 4's active track!
1-14 08:42
Use props
JJernimo
New

United States

+1 for this feature, I am already attaching the RC2 to my motorcycle for activetrack, why can't the mini 4 pro use the controllers gps to help keep a lock on target ? The drone looses me anytime I go under a tree
5-6 14:01
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JJernimo Posted at 5-6 14:01
+1 for this feature, I am already attaching the RC2 to my motorcycle for activetrack, why can't the mini 4 pro use the controllers gps to help keep a lock on target ? The drone looses me anytime I go under a tree

Thank you for the suggestion. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. Thank you for your valued support.
5-7 02:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules