Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-17 11:29
OK, that's cool to know if I end up trying TikTok some day.

It's the same on Instagram reels/stories too.    Im finding the TikTok though is getting a lot more views.  
2023-4-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 4-17 11:32
It is, and having an element of doubt is not a bad thing. I believe that if we all blindly believed it to be just gold and roses, we wouldn't have an iota of a chance to stop it if it went wrong.

My main concern is not the current versions, but the ones that are being developed in places we don't know about.
2023-4-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-17 11:52
True that. Some rumors about the upcoming features have been pretty wild. For instance, if the water-proofing rumor turns out to be true, I do think that could be a gamechanger for many. But I don't think it will be easy to execute in practice with that many moving parts.

I'm excited to see what DJI comes up with on the Pocket 3.  Based on some rumors we shouldn't have to wait too much longer.
2023-4-18
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 4-17 22:24
It's the same on Instagram reels/stories too.    Im finding the TikTok though is getting a lot more views.

TikTok really is very popular. It could also be that people might be a bit more suspicious about the Instagram, with all the infamous news concerning Meta.
2023-4-18
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 4-17 22:25
My main concern is not the current versions, but the ones that are being developed in places we don't know about.

Understandable. But I do think that if people have seen the warning signs with the more public and less hi-tech ones, the developers of the more sophisticated ones probably do take note of that and will think their approach twice accordingly. But we'll see and hope for the best.
2023-4-18
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-18 02:34
I'm excited to see what DJI comes up with on the Pocket 3.  Based on some rumors we shouldn't have to wait too much longer.

Yes, even though I wouldn't get it immediately, it is always interesting to see what new tech is offering when it arrives. I guess that comes from my family, as my grandfather and his predecessors were/are very interested in technology and gadgets.
2023-4-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-18 10:14
Yes, even though I wouldn't get it immediately, it is always interesting to see what new tech is offering when it arrives. I guess that comes from my family, as my grandfather and his predecessors were/are very interested in technology and gadgets.

I grew up on a large farm and never had time for technology and gadgets.  We worked from before sunup until way past sundown so when the work was done it was time for a shower and some sleep.  We used to have a few guys in the Navy complain about having to work a 12 hours shift and I just laughed at them.  However, now that I'm retired I have all the free time to really enjoy many of today's techno gadgets.  

If I like what the P3 offers I think I'll still give it a wait to see what issues need to be solved before I get it.  I've had my turn as a new adopter and think I'll let somebody else be a "beta" tester of the new product.  
2023-4-18
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-18 12:39
I grew up on a large farm and never had time for technology and gadgets.  We worked from before sunup until way past sundown so when the work was done it was time for a shower and some sleep.  We used to have a few guys in the Navy complain about having to work a 12 hours shift and I just laughed at them.  However, now that I'm retired I have all the free time to really enjoy many of today's techno gadgets.  

If I like what the P3 offers I think I'll still give it a wait to see what issues need to be solved before I get it.  I've had my turn as a new adopter and think I'll let somebody else be a "beta" tester of the new product.

I think the people at farms should get more respect, it's a hard but important part of the society. So my hat's off to you And glad you have gained access to your well-deserved free time

And I fully understand your stance on the wait. Quite many products do get released with early issues, and that wouldn't be a first for DJI either. Quite many still have the issues with the Action line cameras afresh in their minds.
2023-4-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 4-18 10:03
Understandable. But I do think that if people have seen the warning signs with the more public and less hi-tech ones, the developers of the more sophisticated ones probably do take note of that and will think their approach twice accordingly. But we'll see and hope for the best.

Let's hope for the best.
2023-4-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-18 10:00
TikTok really is very popular. It could also be that people might be a bit more suspicious about the Instagram, with all the infamous news concerning Meta.

Yes,  It was a shame Meta bought them up.  
2023-4-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-18 13:50
I think the people at farms should get more respect, it's a hard but important part of the society. So my hat's off to you  And glad you have gained access to your well-deserved free time

And I fully understand your stance on the wait. Quite many products do get released with early issues, and that wouldn't be a first for DJI either. Quite many still have the issues with the Action line cameras afresh in their minds.

Yeah, after the issues at initial release of Mavic 3, OA2 and OA3 I think it is best to hold off for a while after release of the P3 before I make a buying decision.
2023-4-19
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 4-18 23:35
Yes,  It was a shame Meta bought them up.

I do find that most of the things Meta ends up putting their hands on often end up sour.
2023-4-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-19 11:14
I do find that most of the things Meta ends up putting their hands on often end up sour.

Yes,  the advertising in IG has got a bit too much lately for my taste.  
2023-4-19
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 4-19 22:48
Yes,  the advertising in IG has got a bit too much lately for my taste.

They sure do put ads everywhere, though it's not only the Meta's fault. For instance, I am super annoyed with YouTube putting ads IN THE MIDDLE of the videos. I can live with them being in the beginning or in the end of the video, maybe even sometimes in the middle of the video if they are edited in a way that doesn't feel obtrusive, but, for instance, having someone talk and then be cut in the middle of a sentence just so you can see what rubbish the marketing heads are force-feeding us this time just makes me see red.
2023-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-20 08:01
They sure do put ads everywhere, though it's not only the Meta's fault. For instance, I am super annoyed with YouTube putting ads IN THE MIDDLE of the videos. I can live with them being in the beginning or in the end of the video, maybe even sometimes in the middle of the video if they are edited in a way that doesn't feel obtrusive, but, for instance, having someone talk and then be cut in the middle of a sentence just so you can see what rubbish the marketing heads are force-feeding us this time just makes me see red.

On YouTube the uploader can disable mid video adverts,    I sub a couple of people that announce that on their videos.  As they hate it too.
2023-4-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 4-20 21:55
On YouTube the uploader can disable mid video adverts,    I sub a couple of people that announce that on their videos.  As they hate it too.

That's great to hear, maybe I should consider showing my support for it that way as well
2023-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules