603 9 2023-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jperkmr954
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1228609 ft
United States

Hi Everyone,

I know the OG Mini is a little old but I still enjoy using it on occassions just for leisure. I had my controller stolen, so now I am unable to fly my mini. Is it possible to obtain/purchase a controller to be able use the mini? I don't know how to be able to link it, so I'm not sure this is possible but I figured I would ask to see if there is a way to do so.

Thanks
2023-4-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, they will be a few on the likes of ebay. Jjust make sure you buy the correct type, i.e. one which matches your drone's FCC vs CE transmission arrangements, they are not interchangle. At a guess you will want the FCC version which has the model number MR1SS5 the corresponding drone model number is MT1SS5, (from the appendix of the mavic mini manual)
2023-4-12
Use props
jperkmr954
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-12 10:51
Yes, they will be a few on the likes of ebay. Jjust make sure you buy the correct type, i.e. one which matches your drone's FCC vs CE transmission arrangements, they are not interchangle. At a guess you will want the FCC version which has the model number MR1SS5 the corresponding drone model number is MT1SS5, (from the appendix of the mavic mini manual)

So I need to look on the unit itself for an FCC number or do I need to look for that information elsewhere?
2023-4-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

jperkmr954 Posted at 4-12 12:42
So I need to look on the unit itself for an FCC number or do I need to look for that information elsewhere?

Hi, jperkmr954. If you purchase the drone and RC in a store located in US, your RC model should be MR1SS5. To link the RC and drone, you may follow this tutorial:
Hope this helps.
2023-4-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jperkmr954 Posted at 4-12 12:42
So I need to look on the unit itself for an FCC number or do I need to look for that information elsewhere?

No.
You need to check the label on the drone (in the battery compartment  ) to see which model of drone you have ( FCC or CE ) or perhaps to see if there is a "FCC" marking on the label. Then ensure that the controller model ( on the label on the back of the controller) is the correct one. My CE compliant drone clearly shows the CE marking on the label just inside the battery compartment.
I suspect your drone, if bought in the USA, will be FCC compliant especially if bought new  but some one could be selling off a CE compliant controller, you can always ask the seller for the controller's model number.
2023-4-12
Use props
jperkmr954
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-12 19:45
No.
You need to check the label on the drone (in the battery compartment  ) to see which model of drone you have ( FCC or CE ) or perhaps to see if there is a "FCC" marking on the label. Then ensure that the controller model ( on the label on the back of the controller) is the correct one. My CE compliant drone clearly shows the CE marking on the label just inside the battery compartment.
I suspect your drone, if bought in the USA, will be FCC compliant especially if bought new  but some one could be selling off a CE compliant controller, you can always ask the seller for the controller's model number.

Yes,

It was purchased new in the US - so FCC makes sense understanding the logic. How will I be able to tell visually the difference of an FCC controller vs a CE controller to be able to verify I'm purchasing one that will be able to work?
2023-4-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jperkmr954 Posted at 4-13 05:56
Yes,

It was purchased new in the US - so FCC makes sense understanding the logic. How will I be able to tell visually the difference of an FCC controller vs a CE controller to be able to verify I'm purchasing one that will be able to work?

In post #6 "Then ensure that the controller model ( on the label on the back of the controller) is the correct one. "
On my CE spec controller the label  on the back of the controller is clearly marked with
"CE" and the model number, I suspect the FCC version would be clearly marked with FCC and the model number.
The specifications of both models including model number and compliance are listed in the appendix of the drone's manual in the specs section.
2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jperkmr954 Posted at 4-13 05:56
Yes,

It was purchased new in the US - so FCC makes sense understanding the logic. How will I be able to tell visually the difference of an FCC controller vs a CE controller to be able to verify I'm purchasing one that will be able to work?

Hi there. Can you please confirm if you still experience the said issue? Please let us know so we can help you further. Thank you.
2023-5-1
Use props
jperkmr954
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-1 03:27
Hi there. Can you please confirm if you still experience the said issue? Please let us know so we can help you further. Thank you.

Greetings,

I am just going to source a used controller - as it doesn't look like I can purchase the needed controller from DJI directly to ensure it works correctly. I will be sure to look for a FCC version which aligns with the data I was told that should be able to pair with my device.
2023-5-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jperkmr954 Posted at 5-1 07:00
Greetings,

I am just going to source a used controller - as it doesn't look like I can purchase the needed controller from DJI directly to ensure it works correctly. I will be sure to look for a FCC version which aligns with the data I was told that should be able to pair with my device.

We appreciate your response. Regretfully, this remote controller is no longer available on our store website. You may want to check the link below to possibly purchase the said controller for your aircraft. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to ask. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores
2023-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules