1224 19 2023-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oberschneider.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4730358 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Well, the title says it all...I'd love to see an AE (Auto Exposure) Lock feature on the Avata, ideally in combination with a user-selectable custom button on the remote. That would be a great way for those who don't use fully manual camera settings, but at the same time don't want the auto exposure to ruin a video sequence. Any thoughts on this?
2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, oberschneider. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-4-13
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi, I'd support this!

I find it takes some time to get into the camera settings menu.
In light of the Motion 2 controller, it would b nice to see a "long press" on the jog dial to lock this in.
2023-4-13
Use props
oberschneider.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Thanks for the positive feedback! Now let's find some more people who support this idea.
2023-4-13
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Yes please!
2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

oberschneider.com Posted at 4-13 19:39
Thanks for the positive feedback! Now let's find some more people who support this idea.

You are most welcome. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your continued support!
2023-5-1
Use props
skyscope
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3988468 ft
  • >>>
Germany

1++
This would be very helpful to get consistent exposure fast!
2023-5-1
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I support this.
2023-5-1
Use props
oberschneider.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Thanks all for your positive feedback! Let's try to keep this topic active so it stays on the first page!
2023-5-1
Use props
oberschneider.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Any news regarding this topic, DJI?
2023-5-11
Use props
oberschneider.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Let's push this one up again...I still can't believe that such a useful feature is not implemented!
2023-12-22
Use props
oberschneider.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

And pushing this topic up again. Just today when I was flying with my Avata I was once again wondering why the hell there's no exposure lock??! It is so time consuming and annoying to have to manually adjust the exposure, fiddling around with the tiny butttons on the goggles while flying the drone. All this could be done so much easier with exposure lock that could be programmed to a button of the RC. So please, please, PLEASE DJI at least let me know why you wouldn't even consider adding this feature??
2-22 08:39
Use props
oberschneider.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-5-1 03:45
You are most welcome. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your continued support!

Any update on this topic? Do you realize how many people would benefit from adding this feature?
2-22 08:40
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

oberschneider.com Posted at 2-22 08:40
Any update on this topic? Do you realize how many people would benefit from adding this feature?

Hello there. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated
2-23 23:15
Use props
oberschneider.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-23 23:15
Hello there. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated

That's great to hear, thank you!
2-25 09:45
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

oberschneider.com Posted at 2-25 09:45
That's great to hear, thank you!

You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day!
3-1 02:26
Use props
oberschneider.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-23 23:15

...and there's still no way to lock auto exposure with a custom button on the Avata 2. Another missed opportunity to enhance usability. It can't be that hard to implement, can it?
yesterday 00:11
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

I mean, it takes under 2 seconds to lock exposure via 5D button and about 3.5 seconds if using the Motion RC. You should probably have it locked at all time anyway if recording video
yesterday 05:30
Use props
oberschneider.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

fichek Posted at 4-18 05:30
I mean, it takes under 2 seconds to lock exposure via 5D button and about 3.5 seconds if using the Motion RC. You should probably have it locked at all time anyway if recording video

...that's the point! It just takes too long and you need to take your hand off the RC. Locking the exposure at takeoff would work if light conditions were constant, which is almost never the case. Imagine flying at sunset: you need to use totally different exposure settings flying towards or away from the sun! I'd set the Auto ISO limit to about 400 and use the toggle switch (lower right side of the FPV RC) to bump EV up or down, and then lock the perfect exposure with a press of a button. That way there would be no need to awkwardly use the goggle menu to set the exposure manually.
yesterday 07:33
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

oberschneider.com Posted at 4-18 07:33
...that's the point! It just takes too long and you need to take your hand off the RC. Locking the exposure at takeoff would work if light conditions were constant, which is almost never the case.  Imagine flying at sunset: you need to use totally different exposure settings flying towards or away from the sun! I'd set the Auto ISO limit to about 400 and use the toggle switch (lower right side of the FPV RC) to bump EV up or down, and then lock the perfect exposure with a press of a button. That way there would be no need to awkwardly use the goggle menu to set the exposure manually.

Hi there. We appreciate your valuable feedback. Rest assured that we will record this suggestion and make sure to reach out to our relevant team for future consideration. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
yesterday 23:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules