Return to Home
737 5 2023-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

This last weekend I flew my Mini 2 and when I used the return to home it was constantly off by 6 ft or more.  I would let the drone get all the GPS satellites (usually 16) then I would initiate the take off when it would tell me it was ok.  I would hover over the landing pad for about 20 seconds at most and it still missed the landing pad.  Can someone shed some light on this for me why this is so far off?  I can understand it being off by a foot or two but 6 feet or more is quite a ways off.  There are no shadows disturbing the ground and it is a sunny day.  This was the first flight for the drone.  I did do a compass calibration before the first flight.  I intiated many RTHs to test it and not one came close to the landing pad.  So any insight would be great.
2023-4-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

1.8m for me nothing abnormal. This is the performance of a standard GNSS receiver.
Calibrating the compass will not change anything.

You can try using a landing pad, it should improve vision positioning.

https://store.dji.com/en/product/pgytech-drones-landing-pad
2023-4-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

If you like post your flightlog for this issue.

use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
post the uploaded link on here

cheers
JJB
2023-4-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

The Mini2 does NOT have Precision Landing. Within 10' is acceptable, 3' is average.
2023-4-13
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23370489 ft
United States

Check the strength of your GPS fix. There have been times that I've had 18 to 22 satellites fixed but the strength was "moderate" or "moderately strong".

I always wait until it reports "strong" on the GPS fix.
2023-4-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

As the Mini 2 is not equipped for precision landing my landings are usually within 1-6' of the original takeoff spot.  My Air 2S is much, much more accurate when it comes to nailing the landing on RTH.  
2023-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules