From 40002 to 40011 and 40021 in less than 24hs without collision
832 2 2023-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DPH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8048 ft
Greece

I am extremely disappointed and frustrated.

I spent €1500 for the Air 2 S combo, plus another €150 for the extended guarantee, plus another €50 for and SD card dedicated for the drone.

Within less than 48 hours from the activation and with less than 1 hour flight time and 2.5 klm covered distance, with ZERO collisions , mishaps violent handling etc, the drone ALLREADY is in a complete meltdown.

The day started fine. First flight was OK

The second flight, for no reason, as I said there was no violent landing or collision or anything of the sort, started presenting problems.  Gimbal was stuck and vision was not level, a 40002 error came up, despite gimbal having full movement upon inspection after the landing. OBVIOUSLY, I had taken the plastic protection off.

Up to this point, I still had camera vision in my mobile albeit not leveled as I mentioned.  I packed it up and headed to the house to figure what was wrong.

When I booted it up again, without  obviously trying to fly it, I now noticed that I had NO camera vision – black screen – and the errors were now  incompatible Gimbal Data and Gimbal calibration error (40011) and Gimbal IMU data error (40021), no gimbal stuck. Without cause, as from the moment I landed it to the moment I restarted it, it was simply packed away in its carrying bag.

I tried to recalibrate auto from the fly app – wouldn’t work

I tried to recalibrate manually from the fly app but there in 0 interactions

I tried to recalibrate compass etc from the fly app – didn’t do anything

I recalibrated it from the DJI 2 assistant manually – nothing changed despite completing successfully the calibration as the cameras do seem to work since I can on my PC monitor what the drone’s camera is filming while in calibration mode

Firmware is the current one, 02.04.2500

It goes without saying that the drone is in otherwise mint condition and no parts – gimbal or motherboard are changed -  so no apparent reason for a 40021 error.

WHAT GIVES

It is extremely frustrating spending over €1700 and regretting it almost instantly.

Please provide a solution immediately as this device is intended for business purposes.

2023-4-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Don't complain here. Just open a warranty case with DJI. Or if possible, do an exchange from where the purchase was made.
2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules