Since last update my RC is not recognizing any SD cards anymore
2537 16 2023-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kay Becker
lvl.1

Canada

Hello,

I'm unable to use my DJI mini 3 drone for it's intended purpose anymore.

Since I updated to the new update last week for the 48mp, neither the Drone or RC SD card slot recognize any SD cards at all. I got the RC with the screen on it.

I have a 512GB Samsung one (recommended specs) as well as a 512GB San Disk that I have in my Steam Deck so when I realized the card wasnt being recognized with the one I was using initially (The Samsung one), I tried with the San Disk. Still no go. The RC settings just say "No SD Card," yet it gives me an extra option in the Camera settings section at the bottom every time I insert an SD card. I then went on to try both cards in my Steam Deck, as well as the Nintendo Switch and finally I tried them also in a USB-C docking station and all cards are reading flawlessly.

I have reformatted every single one of them, from the drone itself, from the RC, from a Windows computer, from a MacOS computer, to no avail, still won't read any of my cards. And I have done this THREE times, every single device I was trying a new format on.

Being the geek that I am I'm like 'screw this, I'm goint to Wal-Mart and get a 256GB San Disk one,' but I haven't seen anyone using the 512GB ones in the videos much so maybe they were too big I thought... Still when I come to think of it, both cards always worked flawlessly right up to this dreadful update. Anyways, got back home, formatted in all the right places I've already told ya to no avail. Once more 3 times. Same thing again with a brand new card: ' No SD Card. '

The drone works just fine, I tried it 3 times on it's own but I'm almost 50 y/o by now and just watching something flying in the sky constantly in the sunlight without recording isn't exactly my cup of tea nowadays and kinda defeat the purpose of me owning this at the moment. I'm into music production, I was absolutely thrilled to receive  one of these since I can now make my own promo videos with it. Until last week that is.

Now with all of that said... is this a known-issue? Or should I wait for an update? Is there any help I could get please to get this resolved? I really tried everything I could think of, watched countless videos online and on YouTube, went everywhere in the forums, it is still a big no-go for me.

Help anyone... pretty please? That would be great.

2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to connect your DJI RC to the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware and check again to see if the issue persists? If you can take a picture of your SD cards (front and back) so we can check them here, that would be very helpful. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-4-13
Use props
Kay Becker
lvl.1

Canada

Here are the pictures of the SD cards. There was nothing to update or refresh when I connected the RC to the DJI Assistant 2. I even went as far as doing a Factory Reset once it was plugged it and I have the exact same issue.
2023-4-14
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

It may sound silly but are the card being formatted in ex-fat? I did format mine in NTFS and it didn't work. Just saying....
2023-4-14
Use props
Kay Becker
lvl.1

Canada

Burt37 Posted at 4-14 02:20
It may sound silly but are the card being formatted in ex-fat? I did format mine in NTFS and it didn't work. Just saying....

Hey could have been a valid point but nope. As I know what I'm doing at least on this part lol. I can format the card in the RC also, it sees it, but that's as far as I can go. Afterwards I just can't take any shot or video and the settings won't recognize the card anymore. On all 3 cards that is also.

Thanks for helping me trying no matter what, I really appreciate it.
2023-4-14
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

When I tried to format mine in the RC it couldn't do it, because the card was already formatted in NTFS, but once I inserted in the laptop and formatted again using ex-fat, then it started to work again in the RC... I thought that the RC could format the card, but it couldn't and it only did recognise 79GB of the 256. That's why I was mentioning it... But like you said, you have already tried this option as well...

That's a bummer... Hopefully some else here may have the right answer for you...
2023-4-14
Use props
Kay Becker
lvl.1

Canada

Burt37 Posted at 4-14 03:36
When I tried to format mine in the RC it couldn't do it, because the card was already formatted in NTFS, but once I inserted in the laptop and formatted again using ex-fat, then it started to work again in the RC... I thought that the RC could format the card, but it couldn't and it only did recognise 79GB of the 256. That's why I was mentioning it... But like you said, you have already tried this option as well...

That's a bummer... Hopefully some else here may have the right answer for you...

Sounds right as NTFS is technically WindowsNT File System so it's not use mostly anywhere else other than on a Windows computer and pretty much nothing else will read it (exceptions always of course).

Thanks for your empathy. I really wish I can have this fixed soon, seeing how the nice weather is just starting on this side of the World here, quite the bummer indeed lol. Have an awesome weekend mate.
2023-4-14
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

Kay Becker Posted at 4-14 03:40
Sounds right as NTFS is technically WindowsNT File System so it's not use mostly anywhere else other than on a Windows computer and pretty much nothing else will read it (exceptions always of course).

Thanks for your empathy. I really wish I can have this fixed soon, seeing how the nice weather is just starting on this side of the World here, quite the bummer indeed lol. Have an awesome weekend mate.

Which drone do you have?  Mini 3?  Or Mini 3 pro?

There’s two different lists depending on which model you have.

https://www.dji.com/mobile/mini-3/specs

https://www.dji.com/mobile/mini-3-pro/specs

Which list are you looking at?  What drone do you have?

You've posted in the Mini 3 section of forum, but I don't see any 512GB on list and I don't see any Ultra on list either.  
2023-4-14
Use props
Kay Becker
lvl.1

Canada

DroneApe Posted at 4-14 13:55
Which drone do you have?  Mini 3?  Or Mini 3 pro?

There’s two different lists depending on which model you have.

All the information that you are requesting I have already provided. You might wanna read the thread. Just saying.
My understanding is that this is a faster card and both cards plus a Samsung I have also that is on the list isnt working either.
Also everything was working prior to the update. Actually many prior updates to be precise. There is no reason for these not to work anymore because of an update.
2023-4-14
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

Kay Becker Posted at 4-14 14:14
All the information that you are requesting I have already provided. You might wanna read the thread. Just saying.
My understanding is that this is a faster card and both cards plus a Samsung I have also that is on the list isnt working either.
Also everything was working prior to the update. Actually many prior updates to be precise. There is no reason for these not to work anymore because of an update.

Maybe if you tried a card on the list below, it would work.  So far, you haven’t done that according to the information you’ve provided.

For Mini 3 drone:
Storage
Recommended microSD Cards
SanDisk Extreme 32GB V30 A1 microSDXC
SanDisk Extreme 64GB V30 A1 microSDXC
SanDisk Extreme 128GB V30 A2 microSDXC
SanDisk Extreme 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB V30 A1 microSDXC
Kingston Canvas Go!Plus 64GB V30 A2 microSDXC
Kingston Canvas Go!Plus 128GB V30 A2 microSDXC
Kingston Canvas Go!Plus 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
Kingston Canvas React Plus 64GB V30 A1 microSDXC
Kingston Canvas React Plus 128GB V30 A1 microSDXC
Samsung PRO Plus 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC

https://www.dji.com/mobile/mini-3/specs

For DJI RC controller:

Storage
  • Supported SD Cards
  • UHS-I Speed Grade 3 rating microSD card or above

• Recommended microSD Cards
  • SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    SanDisk High Endurance 64GB V30 microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme 128GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme 512GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    Lexar 667x 64GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    Lexar High-Endurance 64GB V30 microSDXC
    Lexar High-Endurance 128GB V30 microSDXC
    Lexar 667x 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    Lexar 512GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    Samsung EVO 64GB V30 microSDXC
    Samsung EVO Plus 128GB V30 microSDXC
    Samsung EVO Plus 256GB V30 microSDXC
    Samsung EVO Plus 512GB V30 microSDXC
    Kingston 128GB V30 microSDXC

https://www.dji.com/mobile/rc/specs

2023-4-14
Use props
Kay Becker
lvl.1

Canada

DroneApe Posted at 4-14 14:23
Maybe if you tried a card on the list below, it would work.  So far, you haven’t done that according to the information you’ve provided.

Listen man, I have done that and I have nothing to prove here so if you are just here to try to make a point that doesnt exist, please move along. I have tried 3 cards listed there, it doesnt meant that because I have posted only these 2 cards that this is all I have.

Last time 'Ive checked, you are also not part of the DJi forum staff so I will wait until Paladin or someone who isn't about wasting my time to help me out.
2023-4-14
Use props
Kay Becker
lvl.1

Canada

Kay Becker Posted at 4-14 14:27
Listen man, I have done that and I have nothing to prove here so if you are just here to try to make a point that doesnt exist, please move along. I have tried 3 cards listed there, it doesnt meant that because I have posted only these 2 cards that this is all I have.

Last time 'Ive checked, you are also not part of the DJi forum staff so I will wait until Paladin or someone who isn't about wasting my time to help me out.

Since I am pretty sure usually of how I troubleshoot things...

I went ahead and ordered a brand new RC and updated to the latest firmware. And EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY CARDS, including the ones that aren't listed and the ones that ARE listed, WORK in the new RC controller.

Wanna point me in the right direction to replace a faulty controller please?
2023-4-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to visit support on https://www.dji.com/uk/support?site=brandsite&from=nav and open a ticket
2023-4-15
Use props
Kay Becker
lvl.1

Canada

Bashy Posted at 4-15 13:30
You need to visit support on https://www.dji.com/uk/support?site=brandsite&from=nav and open a ticket

Thank you very much, have an awesome weekend
2023-4-15
Use props
Larry3215
lvl.2

United States

Kay Becker Posted at 4-14 00:07 There was nothing to update or refresh when I connected the RC to the DJI Assistant 2. I even went as far as doing a Factory Reset once it was plugged it and I have the exact same issue.

The RC assistant allows you to force the firmware up-date onto the drone or controller. I think thats what the mod was suggesting. From what I have read that can fix issues - sometimes.
2023-4-15
Use props
Kay Becker
lvl.1

Canada

Larry3215 Posted at 4-15 19:19
The RC assistant allows you to force the firmware up-date onto the drone or controller. I think thats what the mod was suggesting. From what I have read that can fix issues - sometimes.

I did try this and it didn’t do anything either. Same issue.

Again I really appreciate your help but at this point..

It works on a new RC but not the old one. Can we just all agree that there is something wrong with this specific
unit for the time being? I’m not here to hate but not to stall also for days and weeks and for crying out loud, it shouldn’t be as freaking hard to try to get anything going with these units? I got other  things I wanna do other than trying to extensionally fix something that does not work. Ive tried enough troubleshooting, now its not working. Ok. Moving on. DJi can figure it out on their end once they receive it. I’m not going to dwell on something that doesnt work while a brand new unit with exact same parameters and updates does.

Moved on already. I can use my drone now. Time is money.
2023-4-16
Use props
James Han
New

New Zealand

Hi. I have the same problem. The drone recognizes the SD card. However, the rc controller does not recognize the sd card. So if I take the same sd card out of the drone and put it in the rc controller, it won't recognize it. Samsung SD card V30 256gb. It has been 2 months since I bought a mini 3 pro
2023-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules