12516 135 2023-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73537 ft
United States

https://youtu.be/_f8-cUnz4KQ

Above is the updated video.   Original video below.
https://youtu.be/AKnB8kfafb0

Each time, all the newest updates were completed successfully till date.  This happens with the DJI O3 and the Vista.  Only once did I actually not lose connection and fall out of the sky.  All within 300ft from me (at most).  

This seems very unsafe with the DJI FPC RC controller.  This also seems to be getting reported by more and more people using the dji fpv remote as well.  I had it happen with 3 different BNF Drones from 3 different manufacturers.    Ken dobo had this happen to him over a lake with his Chimera 7 video.      Ian Lewis has done testing and said it’s safe but I do not think it is based on my own flying with it.  This seems to happen no matter what location I’m in….videos are me simply demonstrating it in locations where I know I can safely get my drone back and not hurt anyone when it falls out of the sky.   

Anyone have a legit company too recommend that would install expresslrs receivers in a bunch of quads if I sent them their way?   Thanks and safe flying everyone!!
2023-4-13
Use props
djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg
lvl.2
United States

This is the newest video. Link actually at the bottom of my post
2023-4-13
Use props
djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg
lvl.2
United States

Link to original post about this on the forum here:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-286237-1-1.html
2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg Posted at 4-13 17:07
Link to original post about this on the forum here:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-286237-1-1.html

Hi, there. Thanks for your video, we will check it asap and keep you updated here.
2023-4-14
Use props
djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-14 03:52
Hi, there. Thanks for your video, we will check it asap and keep you updated here.

Thank you Natalia!   This was done with the dji fpv remote 2 controller.   The newer grey one we have to use with the dji O3.    The videos are from devices with the O3 air unit And the older Vista.  
2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg Posted at 4-14 04:37
Thank you Natalia!   This was done with the dji fpv remote 2 controller.   The newer grey one we have to use with the dji O3.    The videos are from devices with the O3 air unit And the older Vista.

Hi, there. We have confirmed your problem with our engineer. After checking the related video, it is suggested to send us your product for further checking, here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2023-4-14
Use props
djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-14 17:28
Hi, there. We have confirmed your problem with our engineer. After checking the related video, it is suggested to send us your product for further checking, here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

Thank you Natalia!  I have the Goggles 2, dji fpv remote 2, a bind and fly DJI O3 Cinelog from Geprc and a bind and fly VISTA babyhawk2 HD.     The 3rd device I had with DJI O3 is no longer here sadly .  Which or how many items would they like me to send in or which ones do they need to look at?     

It seems more and more people are reporting this.  It’s not a dji avata either! this is using the dji O3 air unit in fpv drones.   And just to be clear, I’m having this same issue with both O3 unit and the older Vista with drones from 2 different companies.
2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg Posted at 4-14 18:27
Thank you Natalia!  I have the Goggles 2, dji fpv remote 2, a bind and fly DJI O3 Cinelog from Geprc and a bind and fly VISTA babyhawk2 HD.     The 3rd device I had with DJI O3 is no longer here sadly .  Which or how many items would they like me to send in or which ones do they need to look at?     

It seems more and more people are reporting this.  It’s not a dji avata either!  this is using the dji O3 air unit in fpv drones.   And just to be clear, I’m having this same issue with both O3 unit and the older Vista with drones from 2 different companies.

Hi, there. Thanks for your waiting here.
We have rechecked this problem with our engineer. You can try to fly again and see if this issue still happens, if it still exists, please send back your DJI O3 Air Unit. We will check the problem asap.
Thank you for your patience.
2023-4-17
Use props
FPV Juice
lvl.2
Flight distance : 799701 ft
Germany

What happened here? I heard a lot of this problems. Have you new informations, DJI?
2023-4-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

FPV Juice Posted at 4-29 12:39
What happened here? I heard a lot of this problems. Have you new informations, DJI?

Hello, there. May we know did you encounter the same issue?
2023-4-29
Use props
FPV Juice
lvl.2
Germany

Somebody i know has still random failsaves with the FPV2 RC. O3 and old Vistas . Because of this i did not install my unit yet. This is no user mistake, it is just random failsaving. Also when its 10 meters by side.
2023-5-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FPV Juice Posted at 5-1 20:04
Somebody i know has still random failsaves with the FPV2 RC. O3 and old Vistas . Because of this i did not install my unit yet. This is no user mistake, it is just random failsaving. Also when its 10 meters by side.

Hi there, just to double confirm, the issue is that the air unit will disconnect from the controller even in a short distance, right? Would you mind contacting the user who has the issue and guiding him to contact us? We would love to know more details about his case.
If it is convenient, please help to confirm the firmware of the units, provide a video of the case, and help to export the log from the air unit and goggles via DJI Assistant 2, we would love to check further. Thank you.
2023-5-2
Use props
FPV Juice
lvl.2
Germany

Thanks for this fast reaction. Yes, even in short distance. it seems to be a problem that is unsettling parts of the community.

I told him that you are interested in solving this problem, perhaps he has time and gets in touch. this great fpv system needs a reliable rc system. There are surely some Users which are switching back to crossfire/ELRS.
2023-5-2
Use props
djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 5-2 02:07
Hi there, just to double confirm, the issue is that the air unit will disconnect from the controller even in a short distance, right? Would you mind contacting the user who has the issue and guiding him to contact us? We would love to know more details about his case.
If it is convenient, please help to confirm the firmware of the units, provide a video of the case, and help to export the log from the air unit and goggles via DJI Assistant 2, we would love to check further. Thank you.

I provided probably 8 different examples and reported this a long time ago now. So long ago, that I have since sold all my dji equipment.  The first response I received, the dji agent was already assuming this was a dji avata issue.   Second response was to send in my O3 air unit. They completely ignored the fact that 10+ people chimed in with the same issue.     To think it’s a singular issue with my unit and not something with the firmware (which already had this exact issue previously that was “fixed”)….well I just don’t agree with that thinking .  And I’m suppose to rip 3 or 4 different O3 units out of completed quads to send DJI?   

I wish everyone the best of luck but dji seems to be ignoring this issue.
2023-5-2
Use props
FPV Juice
lvl.2
Germany

This Issue is surely there and has in my opinion nothing to do with some single hardware issues. Good Picture, but RC lost.
I think someone else will come forward.
2023-5-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg Posted at 5-2 04:16
I provided probably 8 different examples and reported this a long time ago now. So long ago, that I have since sold all my dji equipment.  The first response I received, the dji agent was already assuming this was a dji avata issue.   Second response was to send in my O3 air unit. They completely ignored the fact that 10+ people chimed in with the same issue.     To think it’s a singular issue with my unit and not something with the firmware (which already had this exact issue previously that was “fixed”)….well I just don’t agree with that thinking .  And I’m suppose to rip 3 or 4 different O3 units out of completed quads to send DJI?   

I wish everyone the best of luck but dji seems to be ignoring this issue.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will check and confirm with our teams. Would you please tell us some reference numbers like ticket number or case number? Thank you in advance.
2023-5-2
Use props
Motard Geek
lvl.4
France

Hi,

Same problem for me with an RC V2 bought last January, many RXLOSS which sometimes lead to FailSafe.

Here is an example with 5" drone FPV at the end of the flight, about 50 meters front of me : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGhfvdzozW8

And another at 23 seconds with a cinewhoop only 5 meters behind me with full RC and video signals : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M20VkxbD84

Can't fly safe here where I used to go far away with ELRS...2
2023-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Motard Geek Posted at 5-14 07:58
Hi,

Same problem for me with an RC V2 bought last January, many RXLOSS which sometimes lead to FailSafe.

Hi there, could you please tell us more details about the issue you encountered? What devices you're using? Are you using O3 Air Unit, with DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI FPV Remote Controller 2? Can you tell us the current firmware version? Please make sure the firmware is up to date.
2023-5-14
Use props
Motard Geek
lvl.4
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-14 22:55
Hi there, could you please tell us more details about the issue you encountered? What devices you're using? Are you using O3 Air Unit, with DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI FPV Remote Controller 2? Can you tell us the current firmware version? Please make sure the firmware is up to date.

Hi,
O3 Air Unit, DJI Goggles 2 (not the mask, "true" goggles released before Integra) and DJI FPV Remove Controller 2 (the gamepad one), everything up to date and fixed channel 1.
2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Motard Geek Posted at 5-15 00:50
Hi,
O3 Air Unit, DJI Goggles 2 (not the mask, "true" goggles released before Integra) and DJI FPV Remove Controller 2 (the gamepad one), everything up to date and fixed channel 1.

Could you please tell us the exact firmware version for a check?
2023-5-15
Use props
Motard Geek
lvl.4
France

Hi upgraded all my DJI stuff one week ago building this new kwad : https://forum.wearefpv.fr/topic/20519-betafpv-pavo-mini-le-sub100-ou-presque-dji-o3/

The second kwad is this one : https://forum.wearefpv.fr/topic/20068-jeno-light-o3-x-skystars-x-gtsv4/

I can't check actually but I'm sure every thing is running the lastest version
2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Motard Geek Posted at 5-15 04:29
Hi upgraded all my DJI stuff one week ago building this new kwad : https://forum.wearefpv.fr/topic/20519-betafpv-pavo-mini-le-sub100-ou-presque-dji-o3/

The second kwad is this one : https://forum.wearefpv.fr/topic/20068-jeno-light-o3-x-skystars-x-gtsv4/

Thanks, we will forward it to the corresponding team for further confirmation.
2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Motard Geek Posted at 5-15 04:29
Hi upgraded all my DJI stuff one week ago building this new kwad : https://forum.wearefpv.fr/topic/20519-betafpv-pavo-mini-le-sub100-ou-presque-dji-o3/

The second kwad is this one : https://forum.wearefpv.fr/topic/20068-jeno-light-o3-x-skystars-x-gtsv4/

Hi there, thanks for your patience. We got an update from the corresponding team that we recommend that you reduce sharp U-turns when flying at high speeds. At the same time, this problem has been reported to the R&D department for optimization, please wait for the subsequent version.
2023-5-16
Use props
Motard Geek
lvl.4
France

Whaaatttt ? I'am not racing here, moreover, really not far

I'm used to flying much more faster with ELRS or Crossfire...
2023-5-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Motard Geek Posted at 5-17 00:09

Hello, there. Currently, this is the analysis result provided by our engineers. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our engineers will investigate the issue and try to optimize it with later updates.
Thanks for your understanding and support.
2023-5-17
Use props
Guy Aroshas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 604426 ft
Israel

Motard Geek Posted at 5-17 00:09

I'm curious to know what are those antennas you use. I use the original antenna and never had a full failsafe happen. Only a message of RXLOSS that disappears. I think this is the remote switching to 2.4Ghz. If your antennas can't receive 2.4Ghz, that might be the problem.
2023-5-24
Use props
Motard Geek
lvl.4
France

Guy Aroshas Posted at 5-24 01:22
I'm curious to know what are those antennas you use. I use the original antenna and never had a full failsafe happen. Only a message of RXLOSS that disappears. I think this is the remote switching to 2.4Ghz. If your antennas can't receive 2.4Ghz, that might be the problem.

Stock antenna on my 5" and 2 linear antennas (same thing than stock finally, just shorter and lighter) on my tinywhoop.

You should not have RXLOSS, that's a problem too I have a lot too and sometimes it leads to a FailSafe...

I never had a single RXLOSS / FailSafe with the 1st gen RC and Vista !

I cruise just a few meters from me there, even the Avata can go much faster !

I fixed the channel so it can't switch to 2.4Ghz.

I've had tones of drones since many years, every protocols, I have never had such issue...
2023-5-24
Use props
Guy Aroshas
lvl.2
Israel

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-17 04:06
Hello, there. Currently, this is the analysis result provided by our engineers. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our engineers will investigate the issue and try to optimize it with later updates.

I am getting this all the tine also. Why don’t you ask for logs? I can provide everything
2023-5-27
Use props
Guy Aroshas
lvl.2
Israel

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-17 04:06

Hi Wanda,

Can you please forward the following request to your engineering team?

We need in a future update, the option to lock the frequency of the RC Link to 2.4GHz instead of 5.8GHz.
I believe that the RXLOSS we get is happening because of switching back and forth between them.
If you look in the FPV market there are no RC products operating above 2.4 GHz, only for video.

Also if it would be possible to have the option to lock the packet rate of the control link. Right now I see that it is 200 Hz by default, but it can change during flight.

Thank you,

Please be kind to update us about their response.
2023-5-27
Use props
djiuser_t6u730ELD7Zr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 793009 ft
United States

I see that there is more than one discussion going on with this subject.  So I will copy some of what I entered in the other discussion:

I have  three different drones each with their own O3 air units and they all crash do to an RXLOSS every 3 or 4 packs.  This happens with both the goggles 2 and the Integra goggles.  I am using the grey controller that I got with the DJI FPV.  All my equipment has the latest DJI firmware.  I often get a brief RXLOSS when the drone changes from back to front of me while flying less than 50 ft away.  This RXLOSS seldom leads to a failsafe crash, but I also encounter RXLOSS within a hundred yards in front of me.  These are the cases where RXLOSS is prolonged resulting in a crash.  In none of these cases have I seen a loss in signal strength and I have not lost video.   I sent info on this to DJI  with logs and goggle videos showing the problem.  This was via request #4948914.

I use the same goggles and controller with my Avata.  In this case there has been no problem.  Control was rock solid.

Just today I got another O3 RXLOSS with crash where the drone was only 20 ft behind me over my shoulder at about 10 ft elevation.   Again, there was no loss of video and the signal was always 4 bars.
2023-5-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Guy Aroshas Posted at 5-27 06:32
Hi Wanda,

Can you please forward the following request to your engineering team?

Hi there, you can refer to my reply on 24#. According to our engineers' feedback, it is currently recommended that you reduce the situation of rapid turning after high-speed flight. At the same time, this issue has been reported to the R&D team for further positioning optimization. Please kindly pay attention to future version iterations. As for your request, we will also forward it to the corresponding team for evaluation. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-5-28
Use props
Guy Aroshas
lvl.2
Israel

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-28 01:03
Hi there, you can refer to my reply on 24#. According to our engineers' feedback, it is currently recommended that you reduce the situation of rapid turning after high-speed flight. At the same time, this issue has been reported to the R&D team for further positioning optimization. Please kindly pay attention to future version iterations. As for your request, we will also forward it to the corresponding team for evaluation. Thanks for your understanding.

Thank you!
2023-5-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the late response. You can refer to DJI Mindy's reply and try the suggestions provided.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-29
Use props
fans926dbeeb
lvl.1

Germany

I am flying in a German group of 50 freestyle pilots using self made race copters in combination with goggles 2 and remote 2. We all !! have failsafe problems even when flying alone and in 10 meter distance. We are using o3 and old vistas and everyone has the problem of losing RC Signal while still having a videosignal. Updates did not solve the problem. So some of us have lost drones in water etc. and have changed to other rc's. Why does Dji sell an such expensive goggles 2 and remote 2 with so bad behaviour? We all spend a lot of money in the new system and are very disapointed losing control of our expensive drones. So you can see again that a lot of pilots have this problems, not just us. What will Dji do to solve this? With goggles v2 and remote 1 we never had this problem.
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_d37hya5RywUy
lvl.1

Germany

Hi.
Never had such problem with Vista and Remote 1 in all the years of using.
Same RX lost problem here with O3, Goggles 2 and Remote 2.
Even if i am just orbiting around me in just 3 meters distance, everytime the drone crosses my back this happens (Goggles 2 are facing away from copter at this point).

So please try this.
2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans926dbeeb Posted at 6-1 10:18
I am flying in a German group of 50 freestyle pilots using self made race copters in combination with goggles 2 and remote 2. We all !! have failsafe problems even when flying alone and in 10 meter distance. We are using o3 and old vistas and everyone has the problem of losing RC Signal while still having a videosignal. Updates did not solve the problem. So some of us have lost drones in water etc. and have changed to other rc's. Why does Dji sell an such expensive goggles 2 and remote 2 with so bad behaviour? We all spend a lot of money in the new system and are very disapointed losing control of our expensive drones. So you can see again that a lot of pilots have this problems, not just us. What will Dji do to solve this? With goggles v2 and remote 1 we never had this problem.

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. You can refer to my reply on 24#. According to our engineers' feedback, it is currently recommended that you reduce the situation of rapid turning after high-speed flight. At the same time, this issue has been reported to the R&D team for further positioning optimization. Please kindly pay attention to future version iterations. As for your request, we will also forward it to the corresponding team for evaluation. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-6-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_d37hya5RywUy Posted at 6-1 21:45
Hi.
Never had such problem with Vista and Remote 1 in all the years of using.
Same RX lost problem here with O3, Goggles 2 and Remote 2.

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. You can refer to my reply on 24#. According to our engineers' feedback, it is currently recommended that you reduce the situation of rapid turning after high-speed flight. At the same time, this issue has been reported to the R&D team for further positioning optimization. Please kindly pay attention to future version iterations. As for your request, we will also forward it to the corresponding team for evaluation. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-6-2
Use props
fansbdcc568b
lvl.2

United States

Same problem for me, the only solution for me to avoid failsafe and Rx loss is to switch from channel mode manual to auto but I have less range and penetration … Best option IMO is to use crossfire or ELRS with the O3 system.
2023-6-2
Use props
djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg
lvl.2
United States

fansbdcc568b Posted at 6-2 12:31
Same problem for me, the only solution for me to avoid failsafe and Rx loss is to switch from channel mode manual to auto but I have less range and penetration … Best option IMO is to use crossfire or ELRS with the O3 system.

Original poster of the issue here .  I can confirm it happens on auto mode. All of my initial videos (removed now bc this issue has been ignored by dji) I was on Auto.   They said they fixed this after original dobo lost his iflight in a lake over this issue.  They didn’t fix anything lol.  Definitely not cool dji is making customers beta testers for crappy software.  
2023-6-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg Posted at 6-2 12:39
Original poster of the issue here .  I can confirm it happens on auto mode. All of my initial videos (removed now bc this issue has been ignored by dji) I was on Auto.   They said they fixed this after original dobo lost his iflight in a lake over this issue.  They didn’t fix anything lol.  Definitely not cool dji is making customers beta testers for crappy software.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We confirmed your issue and case with our teams. Our teams said the issue literally requires you to send the O3 air unit back to our service center for further diagnosis because we have tried all the troubleshooting steps remotely.
2023-6-5
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules