1234Next >
12961 138 2023-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Motard Geek
lvl.4
France

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-13 23:28
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you disagree with our analysis report,  we will recommend you send the air unit back for diagnosis or replace it if necessary.  However, we can not promise you the issue will never happen again after replacement.

Do I really need to send ALL my O3 units...

You have all you need to reproduce and investigate and even a workaround (automatic channel mode)...

You can't say it's normal to have a FailSafe 2 meters away from me without obstacle Even at 150 meters it's still a shame...
2023-8-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Motard Geek Posted at 8-14 01:22
Do I really need to send ALL my O3 units...

You have all you need to reproduce and investigate and even a workaround (automatic channel mode)...

You may refer to the explanation and replies by DJI Mindy in the thread.
If it really bothers you, we will recommend you send it back for further diagnosis.
2023-8-14
Use props
Joeip71
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-14 01:34
If it really bothers you, we will recommend you send it back for further diagnosis.

Bla Bla Bla.
Just please fix this with an update on the 03 Air Unit and or the RC Remote 2 and stop posting lame excuses for a problem that should be fixed already. Hopefully this is not a hardware problem that cant be fixed.without sending in the 03 and the rc remote 2. Personally I think this would be a waste of time.
Maybe the newer 03 (04) thats coming will work with the rc remote 2 like it should have from the beginning. There definitely a problem and I wish DJI would just stop dodging the issue. Sad Times..
Come on guys. You could do better than this.

Thanks again I guess
2023-8-14
Use props
Motard Geek
lvl.4
France

Sorry but it's bull... for me...

You're just going to waste my and your support colleagues' time...

2023-8-15
Use props
Guy Aroshas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 604426 ft
Israel

Guys, just ditch the RC2 for betaflight. I switched to Boxer with ELRS, and kept the RC2 for the avata. No more issues, and the radio is much better.
2023-8-17
Use props
Joeip71
lvl.2
United States

Guy Aroshas Posted at 8-17 11:25
Guys, just ditch the RC2 for betaflight. I switched to Boxer with ELRS, and kept the RC2 for the avata. No more issues, and the radio is much better.

Sad But Great Advice. Maybe they can fix this in the future.
2023-8-18
Use props
Motard Geek
lvl.4
France

Joeip71 Posted at 8-18 13:38
Sad But Great Advice. Maybe they can fix this in the future.

I have a Tango 2 and a Lite Radio 3 Pro ELRS but I still prefer not to install any external Rx, so convenient...

I have absolutely no problem with automatic channel mode so i can keep flying.

It's just a shame to have answers like this from DJI
2023-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Joeip71 Posted at 8-13 23:36
Wow, You can say what you want about the Avata having a different design than the 03 Air Unit until your blue in the face. Its just a cop out excuse, and you know it. Maybe someday in the future some one at DJI will fix this problem. To be able to use the RC Remote 2 safely with the 03 Air Unit would have been so great. With all the bogus excuses,I really dont have much faith any more that this will ever get fixed.
It was such a great idea to not have to use another receiver and transmitter. Sad Times.
Maybe the next version of the 03 Air Unit and DJI Remote will work properly. Fingers Crossed.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Since the O3 air unit is used with a third-party flight controller, the content of the OSD will also follow the logic of the flight controller. When there is occlusion or interference between the remote controller signal and the air unit, it may prompt rxloss. It is recommended that you adjust the flight position in time and pay attention to flight safety.
2023-8-21
Use props
Joeip71
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-21 01:18
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Since the O3 air unit is used with a third-party flight controller, the content of the OSD will also follow the logic of the flight controller. When there is occlusion or interference between the remote controller signal and the air unit, it may prompt rxloss. It is recommended that you adjust the flight position in time and pay attention to flight safety.

BLa BLA BLa BLA
Please Please Please with sugar on top, Stop with all the lame excuses. Mindy just call or locate someone that can really address this problem and get it fixed. I really have hope that this could be fixed if someone in engineering really tried and cared to fix this problem. Come on guys stop beating around the bush.

2023-8-21
Use props
Motard Geek
lvl.4
France

I really hope this is not serious xD
2023-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Joeip71 Posted at 8-21 18:03
BLa BLA BLa BLA
Please Please Please with sugar on top, Stop with all the lame excuses. Mindy just call or locate someone that can really address this problem and get it fixed. I really have hope that this could be fixed if someone in engineering really tried and cared to fix this problem. Come on guys stop beating around the bush.

We've forwarded your feedback to our engineer and the above reply is from our engineer. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. But we will keep forwarding your feedback to them. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Motard Geek Posted at 8-21 21:55
I really hope this is not serious xD

Should you have any further inquiries, please let us know.
2023-8-22
Use props
lesgrebe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 846503 ft
Austria

This problem happens also when the drone is in front of you about 15m away at an altitude of about 10m without any obsitcals -> Visual Line Of Sight. AND it also happens on to 2 other drones and the only equality is the o3 airunit (FPV System RC2 and Goggles v2 - latest Versions)...very annoying!
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

lesgrebe Posted at 8-23 03:57
This problem happens also when the drone is in front of you about 15m away at an altitude of about 10m without any obsitcals -> Visual Line Of Sight. AND it also happens on to 2 other drones and the only equality is the o3 airunit (FPV System RC2 and Goggles v2 - latest Versions)...very annoying!

Hello, there. We will recommend you send us the screen recording of the Goggles for further analysis.
2023-8-24
Use props
Motard Geek
lvl.4
France

Many videos have already been posted, for e.g. : https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =288595&pid=3064203

All my 4 drones with O3 have this problem of RXLOSS just flying around me without any obstacle

The worst thing is that I also had an RXLOSS in automatic channel mode which led to a FailSafe...

Your engineers just have to test the RC V2 and the Goggles 2 with a Betaflight drone

@lesgrebe what settings are you using? on my side I apply the DJI radio HD Freestyle preset and I am in FAST Sbus.

Lots of topics on Google and YouTube about that :

2023-8-24
Use props
Joeip71
lvl.2
United States

GREAT ADVICE

Your engineers just have to test the RC V2 and the Goggles 2 with a Betaflight drone.
2023-8-24
Use props
djiuser_g165iplNTgs2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164652 ft
United States

wait what... lol.
First of all you guys made the O3 Air Unit to go with the RC2 Controller. Otherwise they wouldnt make it so easy to just plug in the 3-in1 cable which includes the SBUS for the DJI controller.

There are so many different aftermarket tx/rx setup's that use SBUS with the same O3 Air Unit and the same FC/Drone and the Range is normal..

If the controller uses the 2.4ghz band and the video is on the 5.8ghz band, then maybe its the tiny 4-in-1 stock antenna the expensive o3 air unit comes with.
Which has 2x Dual-band antennas inside the casing, basically 4 antennas inside there with little room and low antenna height.

I think its fine for video the Antenna, but i think since most use an aftermarket RC Link, i think the antenna strength probably really prioritized for that vs video feed strength.
But i think DJI forgot how much nice the RC2 is over the original Air unit FPV Controller, which was good but it was big and bulky, even with not many switches or buttons to take up the space. The RC2 controller is a great design and i think a lot of people really like it and get used to it over time from using it with other products, etc.. So it really is a shame..

Why doesn't the O3 Air Unit come stock with dual antenna connector leads out to SMA fittings included as well. That way you can put on a set of proper high quality dual Antenna's.
2023-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_g165iplNTgs2 Posted at 8-25 00:45
wait what... lol.
First of all you guys made the O3 Air Unit to go with the RC2 Controller. Otherwise they wouldnt make it so easy to just plug in the 3-in1 cable which includes the SBUS for the DJI controller.

We will forward your feedback and suggestions to the corresponding team. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-8-28
Use props
lesgrebe
lvl.2
Austria

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-24 00:02
Hello, there. We will recommend you send us the screen recording of the Goggles for further analysis.

Hi! How often shoud I send Log-Files, Videos and other stuff again? Look at my previous posts (#51) and you will find all files you asked me. Just download it. Otherwise send me an upload link and I will upload it.

2023-8-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

lesgrebe Posted at 8-28 23:10
Hi! How often shoud I send Log-Files, Videos and other stuff again? Look at my previous posts (#51) and you will find all files you asked me. Just download it. Otherwise send me an upload link and I will upload it.

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. I checked that your issue has been escalated to our engineers and below is the analysis result:

We checked the video and LOGs you provided at #51 and found the aircraft lost the signals when it flew to your back. At that time, the aircraft was out of the coverage of the remote controller signals, which resulted in RXLOSS
2023-8-30
Use props
Joeip71
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-30 04:59
Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. I checked that your issue has been escalated to our engineers and below is the analysis result:

We checked the video and LOGs you provided at #51 and found the aircraft lost the signals when it flew to your back. At that time, the aircraft was out of the coverage of the remote controller signals, which resulted in RXLOSS

OMG, the reasons you guys keep coming up with are so lame. You (Clueless First Tier Support)and your so called engineers are just delusional to the point that this its just ridiculous. There IS a problem and your company is just abandoning a whole lot of customers that might think twice about buying your products in the future. I wonder if Frank Wang really cares about anything other than a buck. Come on guys just fix this, you know there's a problem and Please stop treating us like we're just idiots.

I guess were just out of luck, thanks for nothing.
2023-8-30
Use props
Motard Geek
lvl.4
France

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-30 04:59

OMG...

If it was a range problem the video would have drop too xD
2023-8-31
Use props
lesgrebe
lvl.2
Austria

Thaaahaha…I was only 10-15m away from me with no obsticals between… there is a problem with the o3 system in combination with RC2! Im flying the iFlight Nazgul Evoque v2 and the Speedybee master 5 v2 - on both builds the same RXLOSS issues. I have no words more to say…
2023-9-8
Use props
Motard Geek
lvl.4
France

Another day another RXLOSS...

@lesgrebe what are your settings ? Personally, I use SBUS Fast and automatic channel and power.

I flew some LiPo with iNav without RXLOSS but I need to test more.
2023-9-18
Use props
djiuser_vkv1tKqA5K0Y
lvl.2

Spain

same here, but with an caddx vista kit on a flywoo lr 4
2023-9-18
Use props
lesgrebe
lvl.2
Austria

Motard Geek Posted at 9-18 00:13
Another day another RXLOSS...

@lesgrebe what are your settings ? Personally, I use SBUS Fast and automatic channel and power.

Hi!

I´m using Normal SBUS and AUTOMATIC channel and power. I never changed SBUS settings because of this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-290236-1-1.html

Regards
Michi

2023-9-18
Use props
Motard Geek
lvl.4
France

lesgrebe Posted at 9-18 03:14
Hi!

I´m using Normal SBUS and AUTOMATIC channel and power. I never changed SBUS settings because of this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-290236-1-1.html

Hi,

Thanks, so it's not related to SBUS Fast (who looks uselss btw )...

I'll try to fly more with iNav to see if it can be Betaflight related.
2023-9-18
Use props
lesgrebe
lvl.2
Austria

Hi,

any news?

Regards
Michi
2023-10-10
Use props
Motard Geek
lvl.4
France

For my part, I flew quite a bit with iNav and I had absolutely no RXLOSS while it continues with BF (even in automatic channel)...
2023-10-17
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765906 ft
Australia

OCT 17th
ok i can check for you i need to see a picture of your fpv drone, and your battery on the aircraft, 4s or 6s your goggle, i need to see your transmission strength, by taking foto of your antenna, if you doe any modification
in your goggles in the menu i need to check the channel you on, please select the most stable signal, make sure when flying turn of your wifi, any broadcast any access point of any mobile station or any friends with you or relatives flying an fpv doing flips or rolls and they have todays 5g signal can increase interference fly away from them
2023-10-17
Use props
tasca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 870804 ft
Brazil

One more unhappy user getting rxloss problems every other flight. The problems seems to happen more at close distance as glitches in RC commands(especially yaw). Eventually flipping the quad and crashing. I bought The remote 2 for form  factor but it seems that I Will have to go back to crsfr.  
2023-10-18
Use props
Jumper17
lvl.2
Mexico

O3, G2, RC2 all in last firmware and used manual and auto channels. I got RXloss like 4-5 times and no more than 130m away from me, even 10m in front of me. Contacted by email and got the same response
- 'According to the logs, the error message rxloss has not persisted. The analysis requires accurate test time and corresponding goggles screen recording so that we can look at the changes in signal strength, your operations during flight, and surrounding occlusion factors. Based on the current information you provided, the air units might be located behind you, which is out of the coverage range of the remote controller signal, and the remote controller connection signal becomes weak, so the rxloss prompt appears. We would recommend you to try to control the O3 within the area covered by the remote controller directly in front of you, and avoid going behind you or any obstructions between the remote controller and the drone.'
They also asked to send 03 unit for inspection, but as I'm from Mexico, that's difficult.
I can fly the Avata behind a building that is behind me without a problem. I given up on RC2 and will use it only on the Avata. By now I'm thinking of buying the Boxer with ELRS.
2023-10-20
Use props
PixxAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 914170 ft
United States

So glad I found this thread! This just happened to me a few days ago. Brand new GEPRC Cinelog 35 V2. Flying with channels in auto. Latest firmware on 03, RC 2 and Goggles 2.

Video here, watch the signal strength for video and RC stay at full strength and throughput stays at 49-50Mbps:

So, DJI, when are you going to fix this major flaw in your 03 firmware? You have evidence over the past year from many users as to it's existence! Why do you continue to ignore it?

2023-11-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PixxAir Posted at 11-19 21:00
So glad I found this thread! This just happened to me a few days ago. Brand new GEPRC Cinelog 35 V2. Flying with channels in auto. Latest firmware on 03, RC 2 and Goggles 2.

Video here, watch the signal strength for video and RC stay at full strength and throughput stays at 49-50Mbps:

Hi there, I replied to your post regarding your case, kindly check. Thank you.
2023-11-20
Use props
PixxAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 914170 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-20 03:47

So, a workaround with no solution to the actual firmware issue:

"We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Since the O3 air unit is used with a third-party flight controller, the content of the OSD will also be displayed according to the logic of the flight controller. When the flight controller detects that there has been a continuous loss of rods, "RXloss" may prompt. It is recommended that you adjust your flight position accordingly as DJI Wanda suggested and pay attention to flight safety. Thank you for your understanding. "
2023-11-20
Use props
fans81504005
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

Hi Dji Susan and DJI Wanda
PLEASEEEEEEE Is there ANYWAY that one of you could get a hold of someone that really knows what's going on with this problem. I really think that both of you are just being
told by yet another person that doesn't know anything about this problem to try and pacify the folks that are effected by this.
There's definitely something wrong when trying to use the 03 Air with the DJI FPV Controller 2. The comments about the third party controllers (Betaflight etc.) causing the problem
are getting a little old.  Maybe Im wrong but wasn't the 03 Air designed to be used with FPV drones that use Betaflight.
Please could you get in touch with someone in engineering ETC. that could weigh in on this problem.
Is just so sad we cant use the controller with the 03 Air. It would have been so convenient not to have had to use another receiver and transmitter.
I really thought this was going to work from the beginning. Really the saddest thing is all the crazy excuses we're getting for this not working when I really thought this you should've worked from the beginning.

Thanks for any help in finding somebody that really knows what's going
Joe
2023-11-20
Use props
fans81504005
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-20 03:47

PLEASEEEEEEE Is there ANYWAY that one of you could get a hold of someone that really knows what's going on with this problem. I really think that both of you are just being
told by yet another person that doesn't know anything about this problem to try and pacify the folks that are effected by this.
There's definitely something wrong when trying to use the 03 Air with the DJI FPV Controller 2. The comments about the third party controllers (Betaflight etc.) causing the problem
are getting a little old.  Maybe Im wrong but wasn't the 03 Air designed to be used with FPV drones that use Betaflight.
Please could you get in touch with someone in engineering ETC. that could weigh in on this problem.
Is just so sad we cant use the controller with the 03 Air. It would have been so convenient not to have had to use another receiver and transmitter.
I really thought this was going to work from the beginning. Really the saddest thing is all the crazy excuses we're getting for this not working when I really thought this you should've worked from the beginning.

Thanks for any help in finding somebody that really knows what's going
Joe
2023-11-20
Use props
experience1977
lvl.1

Germany

Ich kann den Fehler nur bestätigen.  Ich habe vor 4 Tagen meinen zweiten Kopter verloren der mit o3 und DJI Controller geflogen wurde.  Die letzte o3 ist keine 3 Wochen alt und liegt jetzt im See.  Ich rate jeden darauf zu verzichten die o3 mit dem DJI Controller zu fliegen und lieber auf Alternativen wie Crossfire etc. umzusteigen.  Ein Nachweiss ist für mich nicht mehr möglich weil keine der zwei Kopter mehr zu finden ist.

Es nervt einfach so sehr

Gruß
Mike
2023-11-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans81504005 Posted at 11-20 11:31
PLEASEEEEEEE Is there ANYWAY that one of you could get a hold of someone that really knows what's going on with this problem. I really think that both of you are just being

Hello, there. We are sorry for the confusion. As you can see in the threads, we have escalated the issue to our engineers for analysis. The result is concluded from the logs files and recording videos. Currently, please follow the suggestion.
2023-11-20
Use props
Motard Geek
lvl.4
France

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-20 23:36
Hello, there. We are sorry for the confusion. As you can see in the threads, we have escalated the issue to our engineers for analysis. The result is concluded from the logs files and recording videos. Currently, please follow the suggestion.

This is just ridiculous...
2023-11-21
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules