Preview LUT for D-Cinelike mode - Feature Request
1332 6 2023-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

I filmed using D-Cinelike 10 bit a wonderful clip in the peak afternoon sun & was left almost blinded even with so called 700 nits bright screen on RC.

It would be a great feature to enable a Preview LUT by user choice when enabling D-Cinelike so the screen shows the simulated image for viewing purpose but still retains the flat look of D-Cinelike. This is how the most log & raw video is done using Atmos Ninja monitors in which we can load LUTS. In past models Mavic 2 and the DJI Go 4 app I can turn on a colour correction  mode (probably a LUT applied to the image for previewing only) so I can see a realistic  colour preview when shooting in D-Log but actual footage is still log.

Dji please add such LUT for previewing as an option which shows a warning that acrtual footage will be flat profile meant for later color grading.

2023-4-13
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=280004
2023-4-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea,   they already have the tech to do that with Mavic 3.
2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Ranjan. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-4-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good idea!
2023-4-13
Use props
tazzt0ne
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1240184 ft
Switzerland

btw here is a great LUT by supercurro https://www.buymeacoffee.com/cur ... d-cinelike-free-lut
2023-4-14
Use props
fans7ac73174
lvl.2
Flight distance : 385594 ft
United States

I was literally loging into the forum to request this feature too.  The RC screen is pretty worthless in D-Cinelike mode in the sun.  The D-Cinelike is so flat, I can barely see what I'm filming.  A "live LUT" button that displays  Rec.709 is crucial.  I feel like the Mini Pro 3 is half Pro without it.
2023-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules