Not used for long time, statup with several seconds of lag
931 8 2023-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cliffhanger
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi all, so I havent used my drone for quite some time (like two years), starting it up and updating the firmware of both the controller and drone. Getting ready to fly!

When I notice that the image sent to the DJI GO 4 app is severly delayed, we are talking about several seconds or more before the image updates. When trying to fly, I get a message in the app saying the image is lost (return to home).

Last time I used this a few years ago, everything worked perfectly, Have something happened to software or anything else that I have missed?
Any ideas why this happends.

Mavic 2 Pro
All batteries are fully charged
Cable working fine and connected
Tried with and without memory card
Using Pixel 7 pro
DJI GO 4 - 4.3.54

2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Cliffhanger. Thank you for reaching out. Please try the following steps below:

1. Check whether the aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, and app versions are the latest. If not, please update to the latest versions first.

2. Check whether the customer aircraft’s flight distance has exceeded the maximum transmission distance of the remote controller signal (it is normal that the image transmission freezes when the maximum transmission distance of the remote controller is exceeded).

3. Check the customer’s remote controller antenna position (refer to the User Manual of each model for the best position of the remote controller antenna).

4. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment. Please try another flight environment to check.
5. Check whether the channel selection is set to Auto in the image transmission settings of the corresponding app.
6. Check whether the device is too hot. Cool it for a while before the flight. For most mobile devices, when the temperature rises to a certain threshold value, it will automatically decelerate the data processing speed.
7. Check whether the mobile device is on the compatibility list. Upon checking, Pixel 7 Pro is still not on the list, we recommend changing to a device on the compatibility list and try again.
8. Check whether the USB cable has been changed. If yes, please try to use the old one.
9. Check whether the original video in the microSD card also has the freezing issue as well,. (If it is, please send the product to a DJI Repair Service Center for repair).

Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-4-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hope you get this sorted. It will be great to see you back in action again.
2023-4-15
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a similar issue with my M2p lately after ignoring it for months. After updating the app and firmware, no problems, but it took some time to do that. Make sure to reboot the app and drone after the updates.
2023-4-15
Use props
Cliffhanger
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-15 03:14
Hi, Cliffhanger. Thank you for reaching out. Please try the following steps below:

1. Check whether the aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, and app versions are the latest. If not, please update to the latest versions first.

Thanks for the reply Gamora,

Only problem that fits the bill is the phone compability issue:

So the problem is that the app dont support Android 12 and 13 right from what I can see in the compability list? Since the compability list dont really go higher then some quite old phones.

So your suggestion is to use a phone with a older android version correct? Could you confirm with Android version is still supported, and what latest phone is supported.

Just says
Android V4.3.52

Requires Android 5.0 or above.

Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T
2023-4-17
Use props
Cliffhanger
lvl.1
Sweden

Blériot53 Posted at 4-15 10:45
Hope you get this sorted. It will be great to see you back in action again.

Thanks

Will have to look for other phone to connect the remote to, wont support android 12-13 it seems. Creating other treath with suggestions of units to use.
2023-4-17
Use props
Cliffhanger
lvl.1
Sweden

GaryDoug Posted at 4-15 20:30
I had a similar issue with my M2p lately after ignoring it for months. After updating the app and firmware, no problems, but it took some time to do that. Make sure to reboot the app and drone after the updates.

Thanks for suggestions. Tried them already.
Problem is my phone, the DJI app dont support newer android versions it seems.
2023-4-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cliffhanger Posted at 4-17 02:08
Thanks

Will have to look for other phone to connect the remote to, wont support android 12-13 it seems. Creating other treath with suggestions of units to use.

They get round to sorting compatibility issues with Android eventually - but it could be a while.
I use a Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 10, to fly the M2Z.
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Cliffhanger Posted at 4-17 01:19
Thanks for the reply Gamora,

Only problem that fits the bill is the phone compability issue:

Hi, Cliffhanger. Thank you for the reply. The V4.3.52 is the current app version for Android devices. The DJI Go 4 application can be used with Android system 5.0 or above (including Android 12 and 13). Your device is not listed under compatible devices but in theory, a device that meets system requirements can be used even if it is not in the Compatibility List, but its features have not been verified. As there are many models that need to be tested currently, it cannot be resolved in the short term. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you have an urgent mission, we recommend you prepare a spare mobile device to carry out the mission, instead of using this device to avoid the mission cannot be carried out due to compatibility issues.
2023-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules