19095 86 2023-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ksyMBNOOn228
lvl.1
Flight distance : 361257 ft
Philippines

Hi all,

After about 2 months away I tried to fly my drone today. All of a sudden the RC, with about 3 bars of battery left, suddenly died and isn't turning on. It won't even charge when I plug it in. I've tried using different chargers and cables that I know are charging. Anyone know of a fix? Should I send this in for repair or will it be better to get a new RC?
2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_ksyMBNOOn228. Thank you for reaching out. Please try the following steps below:

1. Check whether the battery level has reached 100% (All four bars of the battery level indicator are on).
2. Check if the charged method is correct. Make sure the charging cable is plugged in tightly, and try plugging it in again.
3. Check the LED on the remote controller and confirm if it is in the charging state. If yes, please try charging for 2 hours to see if the power increases. If it still cannot charge, it is recommended to replace the charger and charging cable.
4. If the remote controller is DJI RC, check if the DJI RC has been activated. If not, please activate the unit first. Then check if it can be charged.  

If the charging continues to fail, please provide us a video showing the issue for further checking. Thank you.
2023-4-14
Use props
bleed_blue
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-14 21:16
Hi, djiuser_ksyMBNOOn228. Thank you for reaching out. Please try the following steps below:

1. Check whether the battery level has reached 100% (All four bars of the battery level indicator are on).

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have uploaded a video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/179GjneHNUDLgsngmyK9m719wyDVNzNNB/view?usp=share_link

I know the charger and cable I am using are working for sure. No matter where I plug in the RC, it will not charge and turn on.
2023-4-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bleed_blue Posted at 4-15 02:16

I have uploaded a video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/179GjneHNUDLgsngmyK9m719wyDVNzNNB/view?usp=share_link

Thank you for the link, bleed_blue. We have forwarded it to our relevant team for checking. We'll get back to you once we received an update. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bleed_blue Posted at 4-15 02:16

Hi, bleed_blue. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team. They would like to confirm the charging parameters of the charger, if possible try to use another cable and adapter to isolate this issue. Please charge the RC-N1 for about 2-3 hours with the new cable and adapter. If the issue persists, please send it back to us for testing and proper diagnostic. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket or to provide information on where you can ship the RC-N1 (https://www.dji.com/support). Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-19
Use props
bleed_blue
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-19 21:50
Hi, bleed_blue. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team. They would like to confirm the charging parameters of the charger, if possible try to use another cable and adapter to isolate this issue. Please charge the RC-N1 for about 2-3 hours with the new cable and adapter. If the issue persists, please send it back to us for testing and proper diagnostic. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket or to provide information on where you can ship the RC-N1 (https://www.dji.com/support). Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi,

Ive already tried using the included DJI charger, leaving it for 2 hours and it still doesnt work. I tried the same with my phone's charger and cable, same result.

Unfortunately my warranty is expired and i dont plan on paying the overpriced repair fee.

I've noticed a lot of RCN1 users complaining about this issue on forums. Could thia be a manufacturing defect?
2023-4-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bleed_blue Posted at 4-19 22:20
Hi,

Ive already tried using the included DJI charger, leaving it for 2 hours and it still doesnt work. I tried the same with my phone's charger and cable, same result.

Hi there. There was no known issue for the RC-N1 about the charging but let me verify this with our relevant team. We'll let you know once we receive an update. Thank you.
2023-4-22
Use props
ShrekTheMonster
New

Sweden

It seems like the problem is still on in 2023!! I bought my DJI Mini 2  about one week ago, and today i faced with the same issue! 1. Software update, 2. I turned off the remote controll, 3. Remote control is not charging at all and i can no longer turn it on! Of course i tried to charge the remote with different cables and of course i know how to turn on-off the remote or check the battery level. It was a  birthday present today for my  wife.... you can imagine... Something wrong with the updating methods... I have the warranty so no worries, but i think DJI could much better.
2023-4-28
Use props
bleed_blue
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-22 07:52
Hi there. There was no known issue for the RC-N1 about the charging but let me verify this with our relevant team. We'll let you know once we receive an update. Thank you.

as seen above is there any fix for this issue? It seems like with every firmware update there's a chance to just kill the rcn1.
2023-4-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ShrekTheMonster Posted at 4-28 10:24
It seems like the problem is still on in 2023!! I bought my DJI Mini 2  about one week ago, and today i faced with the same issue! 1. Software update, 2. I turned off the remote controll, 3. Remote control is not charging at all and i can no longer turn it on! Of course i tried to charge the remote with different cables and of course i know how to turn on-off the remote or check the battery level. It was a  birthday present today for my  wife.... you can imagine... Something wrong with the updating methods... I have the warranty so no worries, but i think DJI could much better.

Hello, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. About your issue, may we know have you submitted a repair request? Please feel free to talk if you have any questions during the repair.
2023-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bleed_blue Posted at 4-28 16:30
as seen above is there any fix for this issue? It seems like with every firmware update there's a chance to just kill the rcn1.

Hi, bleed_blue. The troubleshooting steps have been provided above, please check it here: (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =288627&pid=3024441). If the issue persists, please send it back to us for proper diagnosis. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-30
Use props
ShrekTheMonster
New

Sweden

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-29 05:51
Hello, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. About your issue, may we know have you submitted a repair request? Please feel free to talk if you have any questions during the repair.

Yes, my product is on the way to service in Netherlands (from Sweden) but i will wait now 2-3 weeks to get it back...
2023-4-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ShrekTheMonster Posted at 4-30 22:49
Yes, my product is on the way to service in Netherlands (from Sweden) but i will wait now 2-3 weeks to get it back...

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will see whether we can help you shorten the whole repair turnaround. May we know if you are urgent to use the device?
2023-5-1
Use props
AngraVirtual
New
Flight distance : 90663 ft
Brazil

It seems that the issue with DJI controllers is recurring, perhaps a manufacturing issue. I'm having the same problem on the RC-231, simply when updating it went out. Doesn't call back. Batteries are charged because when I connect my cell phone it receives charge. Does not light up LEDs. Almost dead. What can DJI do to help me here in Brazil?
2023-5-7
Use props
djiuser_CQJFuFiPX1ZE
New

South Africa

I just experience the same issue. 4 days ago I flew my mini 2 for about 15 minutes with no issue. Today I took my drone out for a flight. Powered on the drone, then plugged my phone into the RC and powered on the RC. After opening the app I saw there was an update ready to install so I clicked on install and then I saw then after waiting a while for the "go fly" button to apprear I realised that the RC was off now. Wouldn't power back on and wouldn't even show the battery power. I know I still had 3 bars of battery though when it powered on the first time. Something is wrong with the new update in my opinion. dJi probably put something in the update that would force shut down the RC for good in efforts to have us go buy new ones or get it repaired. Either way, that's money in their pockets.
2023-5-24
Use props
djiuser_WuZNVZCpPfYZ
New

Bermuda

Did anyone get this resolved? I tried tech support for a long time and they just gave me BS scripted answers.
2023-6-6
Use props
viniciuslot
lvl.1
Brazil

I have exactly the same problem, how do I make a post about it? I cant find a button to post
2023-6-11
Use props
john-caddoo
New

United Kingdom

This same exact situation happened me!! very poor from DJI. What are we supposed to do now?
2023-6-16
Use props
djiuser_I4cyNGat9g6N
New
Flight distance : 37175 ft
Canada

Me too. Turned off mid flight and won't turn back on. Also return to home returned it to a tree for some reason. About 15 ft from the home point.

Mine is only 2 days old which is annoying. But I can just exchange it at the store they tell me. The store still has to order a new one though. Also annoying.
2023-6-18
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

What update 'probably caused this problem then?
2023-6-19
Use props
Chensimeh
New

Israel

Yesterday I bought a new drone in Tel Aviv and the remote does not charge or turn on. I used the charger from the kit. all wires work and charge other devices. Drone brand new out of the box. DJI Mini 2 SE. I also tried to charge it for 12 hours
2023-6-20
Use props
djiuser_5DlqIiiHpLxP
New
United States

Sounds like a common problem.  Dissapointed I waited all week to get out my Mini 2 and shoot some pics of the 1.5 million dollar equipment package purchased.  Before leaving work today I had everything ready.  i babybtgiabthibg and it's always protected in a hard case.  Updated is as usuall and it worked for a few minnutes.  Realized the RC had no power and now won't charge or turn on.    Had it 6 months almost and has only come out a hand full of times
2023-6-23
Use props
Matevž Gačnik
New

Slovenia

Yes, this is a common problem. Might be the battery, might be the RC's electronics. Mine failed too, after maybe 20 flights. I am not done yet trying to revive it.
2023-6-30
Use props
djiuser_ZnIJ6xkQSAxC
New

Philippines

My DJI mini 2 remote control no longer charges, from the original charger, or any others. No lights when plugged in. The remote still works to fly and controll, literally no other issues, so just waiting for the RC to die now.

Was working until I updated the most recent update a couple days ago.

Any fixes? I'm just out of warranty.
2023-7-4
Use props
djiuser_w8hDeSeYKuWT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11453 ft
Thailand

Updated yesterday my mini 2 drone and controller and today went to fly... I was lucky that I had right settings for my home return because in the middle of flight my rc controller turned off and now is not working anymore. Not charging, not turning on. I charged yesterday all batteries and rc controller, so everything was good.
Tried different chargers and anything is not working, even original charger is not charging my rc controller.
Disappointed with dji product
2023-7-6
Use props
saurabh0701
lvl.1

India

Any find issue , I am facing same issue
2023-7-8
Use props
fans721a9085
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95177 ft
Philippines

I have same problem with my DJI Mini2 RC 3QDCHCU001FQ2D.

I changed cables and charger, also 8hrs charging time. No led lights at all.
16906839456995981991582929783576.jpg
2023-7-29
Use props
djiuser_9sH0ax4Vrr44
New
Italy

same problem here, one day everything is ok, day after wont start and no charging indicators

2023-7-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans721a9085 Posted at 7-29 18:26
I have same problem with my DJI Mini2 RC 3QDCHCU001FQ2D.

I changed cables and charger, also 8hrs charging time. No led lights at all.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-8-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_9sH0ax4Vrr44 Posted at 7-30 00:28
same problem here, one day everything is ok, day after wont start and no charging indicators

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. Can you please try to follow the troubleshooting steps provided above and see if the issue persists? If the RC still won't turn on, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding.
2023-8-6
Use props
Dataharry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6086 ft

Norway

djiuser_I4cyNGat9g6N Posted at 6-18 14:25
Me too. Turned off mid flight and won't turn back on. Also return to home returned it to a tree for some reason. About 15 ft from the home point.

Mine is only 2 days old which is annoying. But I can just exchange it at the store they tell me. The store still has to order a new one though. Also annoying.

After upgrade the controller for DJI Mini I have the same problem.
2023-8-11
Use props
user3caae13da5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3093763 ft
Tanzania

This is the big problem to this RC ,DJI can you please come out and say anything about this .?? Ok to me as A drones Expert i got a lot of rc to Fix to this Problem in charging also in not power on. I will send a picture to show how many of this
1692698792307990500904325128120.jpg
16926988179812282218662251423704.jpg
16926988604927027785484913980565.jpg
2023-8-22
Use props
user3caae13da5
lvl.1
Tanzania

This is the big problem to this RC ,DJI can you please come out and say anything about this .?? Ok to me as A drones Expert i got a lot of rc to Fix to this Problem in charging also in not power on. I will send a picture to show how many of this
16926989121252688541528883386290.jpg
2023-8-22
Use props
user3caae13da5
lvl.1
Tanzania

16926989653063040833664789503201.jpg
2023-8-22
Use props
djiuser_PT4CUWa0vTaD
New

Greece

My girlfriend bring me a mini 3 pro drone from usa to Europe and we went on holiday and first day my controller doest show sight of life.Im so disappointed and dont know what to do!
2023-9-9
Use props
djiuser_A50WVmWEqUQb
New
United Kingdom

I have the same issue. My controller is completely dead and won’t turn on. No lights when plugged in to the mains to charge, the cable and plug is fine as it charges up the batteries and the drone too.
DJI - this is really disappointing and an obvious fault. Has anyone managed to get the problem solved or found anyone who is able to fix?
2023-9-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_PT4CUWa0vTaD Posted at 9-9 11:03
My girlfriend bring me a mini 3 pro drone from usa to Europe and we went on holiday and first day my controller doest show sight of life.Im so disappointed and dont know what to do!

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Does it light up when you charge it? Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_A50WVmWEqUQb Posted at 9-10 03:36
I have the same issue. My controller is completely dead and won’t turn on. No lights when plugged in to the mains to charge, the cable and plug is fine as it charges up the batteries and the drone too.
DJI - this is really disappointing and an obvious fault. Has anyone managed to get the problem solved or found anyone who is able to fix?

Hi there. If charging fails after doing the suggestions provided by DJI Gamora, we suggest sending the drone to our repair facility for further diagnosis. Please use the following link to contact our DJI Support for assistance or submit a repair request: https://www.dji.com/global/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-9-10
Use props
djiuser_qmsxG7A9fIsk
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-14 21:16

1. Check whether the battery level has reached 100% (All four bars of the battery level indicator are on).

I've had my DJI mini for over a year with no problems. But today I tried charging my remote and it's only showing two bars blinking and won't go any higher after hours of charging..
2023-9-23
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

What, if any, is the warranty period on remote controllers?
2023-9-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules