Anyone Else Experience Rippling or Jittering From Camera?
657 8 2023-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky Biscuit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1922920 ft
Canada

Rippling: I get this odd wavey effect occasionaly. It doesn't happen very often, and might exclusivley be when I'm zoomed in. It's been suggested that I increase my shutter speed and open my aperature, which I have a hard time seeing being the problem, but I can't check right now because my drone is in for repair. Sorry for not holding still during this one. I was not recording to get an example of it, I was looking around.

Jittering: This happens without fail every time I fly sideways, but only in Sport mode. I am aware that the Gimbal behaves differntly in Sport mode, and am familiar with those movments, but I have no memory of it doing this when it was new. I also feel like the stabilization should be taking care of it, like it does so well at all other times. So I was hoping to find out if these are normal, or if I've sent my drone in for repair for no reason.

Thanks guys!
2023-4-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This most likely has nothing to do with shutterspeed.
The gimbal shakes too much at a certain frequency.
Looks like an imbalanced drone.
Maybe try with a different set of propellors.
2023-4-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. When the exposure time is too short (less than 1/200 second), or the flight attitude angle is too large (for example, the aircraft is flying in S-mode, or the roll stick is pushed to the end), since the vibration of the aircraft may increase due to aerodynamic reasons, the gimbal may be affected by wind strength, and this can lead to a noticeable dynamic deformation in the video, namely the "rippling effects." Normally, we provide remote solutions and basic troubleshooting like calibrations, increasing the exposure time by using an ND filter or shrinking the lens aperture, reducing the flight attitude angle to get a better picture effect, and ensuring the firmware is the latest. But since the drone has been sent in already, do not worry as our team will be able to determine the cause of it and resolve it. You may also inquire for the assessment result for you to know. We hope this helps clarify some confusion. Please reach us back here should you have other concerns. Have a nice day!
2023-4-16
Use props
Sky Biscuit
lvl.2
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 4-16 00:22
This most likely has nothing to do with shutterspeed.
The gimbal shakes too much at a certain frequency.
Looks like an imbalanced drone.

Yeah, I feel like it probably isn't, but I can see how it might be? I wish I could test it out. But honestly, if it is the shutter speed, I'm still going to have it set to AUTO. I can't deal with that as well as fly the drone.
2023-4-17
Use props
Sky Biscuit
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 4-16 20:41
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. When the exposure time is too short (less than 1/200 second), or the flight attitude angle is too large (for example, the aircraft is flying in S-mode, or the roll stick is pushed to the end), since the vibration of the aircraft may increase due to aerodynamic reasons, the gimbal may be affected by wind strength, and this can lead to a noticeable dynamic deformation in the video, namely the "rippling effects." Normally, we provide remote solutions and basic troubleshooting like calibrations, increasing the exposure time by using an ND filter or shrinking the lens aperture, reducing the flight attitude angle to get a better picture effect, and ensuring the firmware is the latest. But since the drone has been sent in already, do not worry as our team will be able to determine the cause of it and resolve it. You may also inquire for the assessment result for you to know. We hope this helps clarify some confusion. Please reach us back here should you have other concerns. Have a nice day!

Well, we can rule out flying the drone too fast because I wasn't moving. I 'm not able to check, but I feel the shutter speed would have been quite high as it was a bright day with snow, but maybe not. Thank you for the recommendations! I should have looked into this before sending it in I guess. I just assumed it was broken.
2023-4-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sky Biscuit Posted at 4-17 17:11
Yeah, I feel like it probably isn't, but I can see how it might be? I wish I could test it out. But honestly, if it is the shutter speed, I'm still going to have it set to AUTO. I can't deal with that as well as fly the drone.

Just replace the props and do a calibration first (not sure where that is at the mini 2, but it should be there in the menu)
That would be my first thing
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sky Biscuit Posted at 4-17 17:23
Well, we can rule out flying the drone too fast because I wasn't moving. I 'm not able to check, but I feel the shutter speed would have been quite high as it was a bright day with snow, but maybe not. Thank you for the recommendations! I should have looked into this before sending it in I guess. I just assumed it was broken.

You are most welcome, and we appreciate your understanding. We hope the process works smoothly for you. Thank you, and stay safe!
2023-4-18
Use props
Sky Biscuit
lvl.2
Canada

After a second inspection it was found that the Aircraft GPS & IMU Module, and the Gimbal Axis Arm Module were damaged which is the cause of the "Jittering". I don't know if one of these was the cause of the "Rippling" or not. Thank you DJI for being very helpful, understanding, and willing to take a second look at it. Very happy with the customer service.
2023-4-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sky Biscuit Posted at 4-18 19:54
After a second inspection it was found that the Aircraft GPS & IMU Module, and the Gimbal Axis Arm Module were damaged which is the cause of the "Jittering". I don't know if one of these was the cause of the "Rippling" or not. Thank you DJI for being very helpful, understanding, and willing to take a second look at it. Very happy with the customer service.

Hi there. We're glad to know the process worked well for you. We hope you can get the drone back the soonest time possible so you may start using it again. Have a good day!
2023-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules