3766 54 2023-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

Hello,

Again I need to complain about this  terrible tumble behaviour of my Avata, I was flying moderate speed  today and tried to Slow down the Drone sideways then the Avata went  tumbling and crashed to the Ground, you can clearly see I wasn't at  "Fullspeed" even trieng to slow it down so I dont see any Pilot error  here. I got many situations and crashes scince the last time i sendet it  to you, I Complained about this in the first rep too. There was zero wind and as you can see it what flying after the crash just fine

I  really have no trust in your Product anymore or you fixing it and want  it fixed asap or my money back. I payed for the Avata, Motion, DJI Care and Fly  more kit and im really dissapointed with it, im getting this is no  freestyle copter but its not possible to fly this Drone save I tried  flying it slow "cynematic" style but even then its just randomly kicks  out of manual or tumble to the Ground, its nearly impossible getting  clean Footage from this I think I wouldn't try getting proffesional  Drone shots with this like it is so what is the Purpose of this Drone?  Fyling with the Sausage straight up and down? I'm really just waiting  it's getting nuts and does a Flyaway when its going down like you can  find many many videos online or its crashing and I wont find it back and  you are telling me its Pilot error blablabla...

You  selled this Product with the option using the FPV Controller 2 and its  not possible to fly this thing even like you do in your commercials.

Please  tell me how we continue this because im not willed to try getting this  work just trying not to crash it without fun and zero safety not even be able to do any professional Drone shots in any way I have zero  Trust in the Avata like it flys right now and I wont accept selling this  Drone making massive looses after you just pushed the Motion 2 in the  marked this would summed up my looses even more.

Would love if you would be able to fix it but lost hope it will ever work and I would like to have a working Drone in the summertime tbh

If you need any logs or more footage feel free to contact me here.

Regards

2023-4-14
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It seems in the moment of the crashes the altitude sensor goes "mad". I just reviewed one of my recent crash logs were the Avata just dropped to the ground without any external influence. In the moment of going down the altitude rises a lot and the home distance jumps to zero:

2023-4-14
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Your video shows the same behaviour as with my Avata: suddenly dropping to ground, going up again and then erratic behaviour.
2023-4-14
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

Yep I checked my log too and got 112 Warnings after the Tumble happened just not got the sensor error before like you, im so tired of this Drone please just give me my money back or fix this flying Brick...

Also uploaded the Weather Logs 2,2m/s wind on 10c before you complain me for flying in a windy spot this happened under perfect conditions...

2023-4-15
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

If you see the warnings in my posting #2 log AFTER the impact, the Avata means it rises over the 30m max height limit WHILE LYING ON THE GROUND.

This is so ridicolous. Someone in the dev dept. should have some red ears right now. Who reviews the firmware to be published and under which circumstances are they released? If I would send such a product in the market I'd have a major problem in the industry I am working in. And we are developing ground based vehicles only.

All Avatas should stay grounded until this is corrected. Without any residual risks.
2023-4-15
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

+1 @See - fully agree - I wonder on what firmwares all those runaways happen (more firmware or hardware issue)
2023-4-15
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Last year my Avata flew like a charm. But I only used it in N and S. Those flights happened with the last non-Remote-ID variant V01.01.0200. Then I sent the Avata into "winter break". Within this break there were two updates of the firmware: First the V01.02.0000. With that I had some weird behaviour of the drone in N and S and one crash + one crash with several hundred meters flyaway on March 26nd, first flight day in 2023. Two days later I found and installed V01.03.0000. With this I had a self-initiated flyaway inhouse yesterday. Drone was idling on the bench for discharge the battery, goggles and controller were on but unused. Suddenly spool-up, liftoff and crash into the ceiling, falling to the ground and cutting of the motors.

I would love to get the firmware prior to the Remote-ID-Nonsense back, namely the V01.01.0200. The Avata was a good drone back then. It gave me lots of confidence. That's gone now. And - thanks a lot - no downgrade is possible. Probably because of the US rules. I live in the EU and for us here also no return to an old firmware is possible anymore.

I personally think, the problems are not related to the Remote-ID thing, but to the Yaw-Problems in M mode. DJI tried to fix that and made the drone much worse in the process. But I can only speculate there. Until DJI comes to an open communication about problems we all have to "re-engineer" every problem that arises to us. And use Google to find clues of other pilots sharing the same problems (there are *some*), analyze flight data by our own... I a perfect world for me DJI and its customers would be partners on "eye-level". I want to trust DJI. But trust is not to only communicate good stuff, you have to be communicate about good and bad in a transparent way. Obviously this is not how DJI works. Shame.

I think it would be a big relief for us all if there was a signal like "we know the problem, we are working on a solution". Sadly none of this happens.
2023-4-15
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

I had this flyaway stuff too after crashing a tree branch one time with the motion in the beginning it not even needed to Crash to the ground, it flyed straight in direction some Houses Like 1km away and crashed with Like 90kmh in a wall 10cm away from the windows I thought it was a broken propeller, but today I know better.

Don`t wanna think about what happened if it hitted a person, would be a interesting thing If dji comes up with piloting Error when I clearly lost control without ability to disarm because of the Firmware.

You opened the possibility to fly it with the Controller so it needs to Work this mode safely, its your part making this safe specialy If you clearly marked it for newbes. Would not buyed it If not controllable manual.

Got also the feeling they lowered the sensitivity of the Drone jumping out of manual with the last firmware its much more likely it will get uncontrollable now like my above crash. Also this is really random and only to point reproducable..
2023-4-15
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

@DJI I Still wait for a response from your side, you can move this in the Service Forum if it's wrong here
2023-4-19
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

DJI is pretty much ignoring this issue, and they (and a lot of fanboys) are stating this is purely PILOT ERROR......

clearly, it is not...
2023-4-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

This does not give me a lot of confidence to fly my Avata in earnest.  That bounce crash was crazy looking.
2023-4-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Is an issue as it seems, also a real issue when bounce to ground then fly away.

DJI Palladin, what is your statement related to this known error ?
Tks.
2023-4-20
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

TonyPHX Posted at 4-19 23:50
This does not give me a lot of confidence to fly my Avata in earnest.  That bounce crash was crazy looking.
The thing is I was already lowering speed by getting my nose up because I know it doesn't Like that move I was getting into and it still happened, in the moment it happens you have the surprise factor and need to get the nose Up and giving 100% throttle, I would really consider how I reacted as a near best case scenario but the throttle of the avata was simply to low to rescue from this and I was by all means Not close to the ground If you are any lower then this I would 100% bet you will crash, doesn't matter how experienced you are.

I know they are ignoring it but I will not accept this situation any longer and not flying a Drone I payed about 1500€ for! I was really Patient with DJI for months now trying to find a spot for the Avata but came to the Insight its just unsafe and Bad at really everything... You cannot even fly it cinematic without taking the risk of crashing and its just really random you can not "learn" to fly.
And No Not all cinewhoops fly Like that and are crashin
2023-4-20
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Koolada Posted at 4-20 01:30
The thing is I was already lowering speed by getting my nose up because I know it doesn't Like that move I was getting into and it still happened, in the moment it happens you have the surprise factor and need to get the nose Up and giving 100% throttle, I would really consider how I reacted as a near best case scenario but the throttle of the avata was simply to low to rescue from this and I was by all means Not close to the ground If you are any lower then this I would 100% bet you will crash, doesn't matter how experienced you are.

I know they are ignoring it but I will not accept this situation any longer and not flying a Drone I payed about 1500€ for! I was really Patient with DJI for months now trying to find a spot for the Avata but came to the Insight its just unsafe and Bad at really everything... You cannot even fly it cinematic without taking the risk of crashing and its just really random you can not "learn" to fly.

I hope they can do some kind of firmware fix and make this right.
2023-4-21
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Surprised people still have hope for this issue lol
2023-4-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We sent you a PM to collect more data for the analysis. Kindly check at your most convenient time. Thank you.
2023-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for the late reply. We noticed your first case has been finished. As for this crash, you can submit a case through the link below. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-4-22
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Is this all, DJI? Really? After MANY incidents of the VERY SAME MANNER?
2023-4-22
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-22 01:08
Hi there, we are sorry for the late reply. We noticed your first case has been finished. As for this crash, you can submit a case through the link below. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support

But will you do something about this tumble stuff or just blame me again for pilot error like you do every time... Really don't really want to waste my time with this anymore if you not fix it, my first Drone had that issue and my second one too, so please tell me what you plan to do this time before I again do the procedure?

Really don't get me wrong, if you will fix it I'm more than willed to provide you as much data and footage you need and send in  the Drone another time  but right now its really just feeling like wasting my time and sending a Expensive Drone across Germany...

Today I tested it again and tried the Motion controller and its standing at a very high angle in the Air when hovering

and it's shake like crazy on the other flight when near the Ground there's nothing wrong with my Props I checked them after this happened.. See:

This was after recalibrating the Flight controller because I had this issue before, did not help at any means.

Received an adverstiement mail from you which describes the avata as;

"Light and compact drone for intensive and safe flights"

The only intense part for me is trying not to make it crash by itself or kill somebody, tbh...
2023-4-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Koolada Posted at 4-22 09:35
But will you do something about this tumble stuff or just blame me again for pilot error like you do every time... Really don't really want to waste my time with this anymore if you not fix it, my first Drone had that issue and my second one too, so please tell me what you plan to do this time before I again do the procedure?

Really don't get me wrong, if you will fix it I'm more than willed to provide you as much data and footage you need and send in  the Drone another time  but right now its really just feeling like wasting my time and sending a Expensive Drone across Germany...

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. Would you please submit a case first? Your case will be treated officially and we will attach importance to your case, too.
2023-4-23
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-23 06:16
Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. Would you please submit a case first? Your case will be treated officially and we will attach importance to your case, too.

DJI service done nothing, as they always said that is pilot error, except You are Youtuber with 100k followers
I sold my avata, this is totally crap.

totally crappy drone.
2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv Posted at 4-23 08:19
DJI service done nothing, as they always said that is pilot error, except You are Youtuber with 100k followers  
I sold my avata, this is totally crap.

Hi, there.
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. I extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Surely, this is not the kind of situation you're expecting.

We noticed that we have sent you an email to help you further. May we confirm if you sold your Avata already?

Please feel free to contact me if there is anything else that I can help with. I would be more than willing to provide any assistance I could. I have sent you a PM at the same time, please check it.

Thanks again in advance.
2023-4-24
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

2023-4-24
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-23 06:16

Hello,

I opened a Ticket for this error and the Bubbles I got on my Googles 2 and will send in the Drone and the Googles when I receive the DHL data. I uploaded too the flight log like Tony told me in the PN.

I wrote in the ticket to that I want this issue fixed not what resulted out of it, I mean I can send in this Drone every time this happens and it will cost me frustration and you money don't think that will get any results in the end. If you can't get it fixed, maybe there's another solution then swapping this now over and over?

But I will surely not just fly the Avata with the Motion or letting it rust in the cabinet I asked an FPV colleague that fly a Iflight Cinewhoop which he fly too outside and asked him about the Yaw behavior of it and told him what happens with the Avata in the same moves and he told me this not happened once for his quad he not even could get what I wanted from him, so the Error clearly lies in the Avata Hardware of Firmware not the basic concept of a Cinewhoop.

Edit: Could you please also add the info that it looks like the Avata camera lense seems to be scratched after the last tumble crash? Was wondering what was that thing that looked like a Waterdrop already on the last flight...

2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Koolada Posted at 4-24 03:31
Hello,

I opened a Ticket for this error and the Bubbles I got on my Googles 2 and will send in the Drone and the Googles when I receive the DHL data. I uploaded too the flight log like Tony told me in the PN.

Thank you for your reply. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will let our teams notify your case and inspect the aircraft and issue carefully.
2023-4-24
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-24 05:29
Thank you for your reply. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will let our teams notify your case and inspect the aircraft and issue carefully.

Okay I hope you get this fixed, but I'm skeptical tbh, but would be super happy if you get it fixed and not just swapping the unit again because the problem happened with my original drone exactly the same and here are many reporting the same + like 100s of youtube videos showing exactly that problem.

How long it usually takes till you get the Labels? Not received a confirmation email until now?
2023-4-24
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

My Avata is in Hungary since yesterday. "Conducting Damage Assessment". I assume that I will only receive a replacement device and nothing more. But I like to be surprised. Hopefully the black box data will be read out and the March 26 incident in particular will be intensively investigated. I dream a lot.
2023-4-24
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-24 01:59
Hi, there.
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. I extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Surely, this is not the kind of situation you're expecting.

I sold the drone, but I will be the guy who will say to everybody - DO NOT BUY IT.
In addition, You never answered me on the question "If I was flyiing at full speed?" because You said I was

11 miles per hour its NOT FULL SPEED OF AVATA.
DJI regarding to Avata case You are lying!

fortunatelly I have a lot of friend who were interested in avata, and now they bought GEPRC.

sorry Natalia, nothing personal, but here you have 100% knowledge what is going on, and You are lying customer.  DJI have luck here, that people are afraid to go to the court ;)
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Koolada Posted at 4-24 09:14
Okay I hope you get this fixed, but I'm skeptical tbh, but would be super happy if you get it fixed and not just swapping the unit again because the problem happened with my original drone exactly the same and here are many reporting the same + like 100s of youtube videos showing exactly that problem.

How long it usually takes till you get the Labels? Not received a confirmation email until now?

I checked that Shipping Label has already been sent. Would you please check your inbox again?
2023-4-25
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-25 02:18
I checked that Shipping Label has already been sent. Would you please check your inbox again?

Hello,

Thanks for checking, yes I Received it in the Morning and handet the package already over to UPS, lets See how this Turns Out...
2023-4-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Koolada Posted at 4-25 04:07
Hello,

Thanks for checking, yes I Received it in the Morning and handet the package already over to UPS, lets See how this Turns Out...

Got it. We will keep an eye on your case.
2023-4-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv Posted at 4-24 22:48
I sold the drone, but I will be the guy who will say to everybody - DO NOT BUY IT.
In addition, You never answered me on the question "If I was flyiing at full speed?" because You said I was  

Hi, djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
We extend our sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced and we will arrange a phone call to you asap.
2023-4-26
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

Hello,

Got an e-mail from your Rep Center, you will Swap

Motion Controller S1 Board
Core Board Module
Goggles Core Board Module

Will this include the Bubbles on the lense I sendet you Pictures of?

Will this fix the tumble Error which is the Main reason I send the Drone to you? Is this a v2 Board or something? Because my old unit you swapped Made the exact Same Thing

Could you please make Sure your colleagues checked the lenses? Don't wanna send in the Googles 2 a second time I fly my other Drone with it and cant fly already.
2023-5-2
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

Core Board Module was malfunctioned,which caused failed linking;
Motion Controller S1 Board was malfunctioned,which caused failed linking;
Goggles Core Board Module was malfunctioned,which caused failed linking;

thats what your colleagues found as a error, theres was no fault with the Linking... What the fuck... Did your colleagues in the rep center even Read the Error descriptions, did something got swapped or did it get damaged on your Repair site? I Really hope that is not all you "fix" now...

Could you please forward this? I cannot reach the Chat anymore and have no time to do tommorow because of work..

2023-5-2
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

I'm very curious to hear from you after the first flights of the repaired drone.
2023-5-2
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

Okay had a second and talked to the Chat they confirmed the units get swapped, really unsure if I'm not doing better just selling it when it's new.... Really have not that much Trust anymore, can someone of DJI Confirm that there was really something like a V2 with beefyer Motors swap unit made, or I and many others just had bad luck with theyr units? But basicly everyone on youtube and co is mentioning this Problem. will that make a difference about the Yaw Tumble Stuff? I would love to believe it, but your Colleagues even analyzed a different Error so yeah who knows...

Like I said earlier just ignoring it and sending out fresh units won't help me and will just cause frustration and burn even more money

Basically the Unit got swapped like the thirst one that got replaced already, and this one not even had problems besides that.
2023-5-3
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SeehawerB Posted at 4-24 02:58
https://youtu.be/ILiG_Fb4al4?t=225

you flew longer yet reserved how normal pilots would fly Its almost yaw tumble anxiety; I had it everytime I flew the avata, it will mess you up mentally LOL.  

The issue is with drone for sure, I can reproduce it everytime
2023-5-4
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Poland

Elephant Apocalypse Posted at 5-4 19:50
you flew longer yet reserved how normal pilots would fly Its almost yaw tumble anxiety; I had it everytime I flew the avata, it will mess you up mentally LOL.  

The issue is with drone for sure, I can reproduce it everytime

I am flying now with GERPC cinebot30 because I sold my avata, and I have not single tumble with this drone 100000000000000 better than avata.
2023-5-4
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv Posted at 5-4 22:38
I am flying now with GERPC cinebot30 because I sold my avata, and I have not single tumble with this drone  100000000000000 better than avata.

nice to hear, just another confirmation its an avata issue; for what ever reason dji fails to come clean, guess like any virus let it run its course lol.

One thing I will say, automation of gps is bar none one of the best with Dji, once you take the BNF route, landing anxiety takes it to  another level lol
2023-5-4
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

Think the only fix for this Problem is selling it and getting another Drone from a Brand that cares for customers, safety, others property and Health.

Got a call from the rep center today they asked me for the packing and stuff I told them that i most likely will sell it because of the tumble stuff, they telled me this is a new unit it should work, I'm, not even sure if DJI even registering this problem or flying the Avata themselves. They told me I could do that so yeah they not seem to care I think I'm done with DJI in general. theres no accommodate or even taking me serious.

I think with a new unit, it's the best exit out of this mess that's called DJI Avata without losing much money, there's really no option that contains something like the Motion controller but will more likely take the hard road getting good at hovering slowly and precise than accepting to have an unsafe Drone where you only busy trying not to crash or at any means Yaw.

I had this issue many times in one run, it doesnt matter if you fly cinematic or light Freestyle.

If DJI wants to get a foot in the FPV Community they should start talking with the community and not just ignoring it and sell us for fools. For every thing DJI does good theres everytime a but or something that is not working, and the sillyest thing about it is you can't even fix it yourself because you will loose warranty so you are delivered hoping DJI will fix it what they will not do or even admit here, it would be fine if DJI makes a official statement about it and tell us they are knowing this error and working on a fix, would wait another few months or send in the unit again but they simply sell us for fools.
2023-5-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules