1126 9 2015-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snathla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Started with 65% battery and went from 41% to 6% in a second. Inspire wanted to land, cancelled the land, then pushed the throttle to get the Inspire closer to me. Landed safely with 1% then went to 0% right before I shut the bird. First time, knew battery had been sitting for a while so needed to be careful and keep it close. In a way refreshing the battery, wish the batttery does not go down this fast or it should reflect proper %.

Inspire 1 Flt Log.jpg
2015-8-23
Use props
korbike
lvl.1

United States

I had the same problem with a partial charge. I now keep it at 100%. No more problems.... How did you cancel the auto land?
2015-8-23
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

Not sure how long that battery sat before you used it again, but try to make it a habit to fully charging your batteries when they sit for more then a few days, before you use them again.
2015-8-23
Use props
snathla
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

korbike Posted at 2015-8-24 01:25
I had the same problem with a partial charge. I now keep it at 100%. No more problems.... How did yo ...

The APP provides you with the ability to cancel the auto land. Bringing the bird down in a bit of wind was a bit challenging as it wanted to come down ASAP and I wanted it to land carefully near me. Did not want to  panic, kept my cool and brought it down where I needed it to come down. I was in an open field.

2015-8-23
Use props
snathla
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tapboxer@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-24 02:08
Not sure how long that battery sat before you used it again, but try to make it a habit to fully cha ...

Good advice
2015-8-23
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This is a long documented issue that DJI doesn't seem to be willing / able to fix.

Basically if you power up the aircraft with a battery that has anything less than about 95% charge in it you will most likely get a random, rapid loss in capacity percentage. This seems unrelated to actual battery capacity in the sense that there doesn't seem to be a real-world voltage drop in the cells - the monitor system just goes wild and says "6% battery!" and triggers the auto-land / critical power procedure.

Solution right now is to never leave the ground on a battery pack that isn't fully charged first. Kinda sucks if you do a 5 minute flight to get a sense of the area, then land and want to fly again as you've effectively wasted the remainder of the battery.
2015-8-23
Use props
korbike
lvl.1

United States

snathla@gmail.c Posted at 2015-8-24 02:10
The APP provides you with the ability to cancel the auto land. Bringing the bird down in a bit of  ...

" The APP provides you with the ability to cancel the auto land."

Smart Go Home - off - still auto lands at 10%. Are you able to cancel the " 10% auto land", just over power it or are you talking about Smart Go Home? Looking for tips, Thanks
2015-8-23
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

It's everywhere in the forum: never take off with a partially charged battery.
It seems common to get random behaviours from the battery if you start a flight partially charged.
good luck next time
2015-8-23
Use props
lvl.2

Hong Kong

You can update the battery with the latest firmware, they said sudden drop has been optimized this time.
2015-8-23
Use props
gdc2510
lvl.2
Flight distance : 343583 ft
Australia

289616053 Posted at 2015-8-24 14:19
You can update the battery with the latest firmware, they said sudden drop has been optimized this t ...

I have 2 x TB48 and 1 x TB47 here. All have been upgraded to 1.3.0, discharged to 5% then immediately recharged to 100%. Now all 3 batteries drop from 16/17% to 6% in seconds! You call that optimized!?
2015-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules