Binding O3 air unit w/ goggles v2
3807 4 2023-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RossDoug
lvl.1

United States

Hi,
I haven't been able to bind my new O3 air unit and would appreciate any help and suggestions.
My process was:
1) Activate O3 air unit
2) Upgrade O3 air unit to firmware V01.02.0000
3) Upgrade goggles v2 to firmware V01.06.0000
4) Switch goggles to O3 air unit mode
5) Power cycle goggles
6) Power on O3 air unit
7) Press bind button on goggles (it starts beeping)
8) Press bind button on O3 air unit (the red light starts flashing)

They don't connect, so I eventually turn off the air unit to avoid overheating. I have tried downgrading the O3 air unit to firmware V01.01.0000 to no avail. I have also tried with various firmware versions installed on the goggles. I read some people had success by downgrading the goggles, switching to avata mode, and then upgrading the firmware again before switching back to O3 air unit mode, so I have tried this too.

One extra piece of info that I find strange: While a connection is never established, when the devices are both in bind mode, the goggles stop beeping as soon as I turn off the O3 air unit. This seems to indicate some level of 'seeing each other' but an inability to complete the handshake. I'm at a loss here so any suggestions are more than welcome
2023-4-16
Use props
km1ll3r91
New
United States

just curious did you power the air 03 unit via usb or via battery?
2023-4-17
Use props
RossDoug
lvl.1

United States

km1ll3r91 Posted at 4-17 17:57
just curious did you power the air 03 unit via usb or via battery?

battery. it goes into bind mode but can't connect. tech support suggests it is defective and I'm inclined to agree. I'm trying to RMA the unit
2023-4-17
Use props
djiuser_eYetjQRzZTKA
New

United States

Have had a similar problem. I’ve been flying my evouqe f5 one day and my power lead got chopped off. The wires met and made sparks, however, the board isn’t short circuited. I power cycled both and now they won’t bind. I tried refreshing firmware but nothing happens. The air unit light is a solid green but is very dim. The air unit also won’t go into bind mode. Please help
3-21 13:48
Use props
RossDoug
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_eYetjQRzZTKA Posted at 3-21 13:48
Have had a similar problem. I’ve been flying my evouqe f5 one day and my power lead got chopped off. The wires met and made sparks, however, the board isn’t short circuited. I power cycled both and now they won’t bind. I tried refreshing firmware but nothing happens. The air unit light is a solid green but is very dim. The air unit also won’t go into bind mode. Please help

My unit was bust. The only solution was to get it replaced
3-21 13:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules