Osmo Action3 Video Files Missing
447 7 2023-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Conrads1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi All.

Just been to Amsterdam and on return had a shock, disaster etc...
Nearly every day, beginning of the day, all the footage is missing???
The SCR files and THM files indicate that the recording did in fact happen, they are on the SD card but no video files.

One specific day I recorded on the bus, so stopped the recording and restarted various times, all files there... On arrival where I wanted to be, I recorded by the entrance, went inside, still recording, recorded at the shop, then went for coffee so stopped the recording. Had coffee, re-started the recording, walked for around 20mins, stopped the recording to go up stairs, re-started outside once on the top and carried on recording. Files between coffee shop and stairs...gone. SCR's there, no video files.

Please if anyone can help me as I don't understand why files will just not be there. And no I didn't just delete them. This happened on 3 days so I have lost most of my sentimental footage.
Just gone. All cards are new, none used in other recording equipment, all Sandisk Extreme Pro 256Gb and yes they were formatted. Files just gone in between other recordings, at random.

Can it be recovered/found? I did make sure it has the most recent update. So I made sure to do everything by the book. Holiday ruined. All the memories and special moments lost, can't be recreated.

Thanks

Video files missing

Video files missing

SCR with all files

SCR with all files
2023-4-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. May I confirm your firmware version and app version? If you updated them to the latest version already?
And may I know if you meet this problem before?
Then we can confirm details better and do our best to help.
Thank you in advance.
2023-4-17
Use props
Conrads1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-17 02:06
Hi, there. May I confirm your firmware version and app version? If you updated them to the latest version already?
And may I know if you meet this problem before?
Then we can confirm details better and do our best to help.

Hi Natalia
Firmware Version: 01.02.10.10
Camera Firmware Version: 10.00.19.20
App Version: 1.8.16 (226258)

I have never used the camera, bought it for my overseas trips and first time I used it, I lost all the best parts of the footage

I did mess around with it at home before the trip and files were always there.

I must add, after thinking about my whole ordeal... I had it set to 4K/30/20min loop. FOV standard. First day I recorded I used it in HDR 4K/30/20min loop FOV wide. Second day and all the rest of the days 4K/30/20min loop FOV standard.

On one occasion when I pressed the button to stop the recording it would not, there was a little white ring turning in the screen as if it was trying to stop but it just hanged. Nothing worked. I had to force power off, then it worked again... but that doesn't explain 3 times (days) files got lost (maybe once).

Also seemed like it was mostly the morning footage. Rest of the days recording, no files lost.

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it. I need this sorted as I am going Paris and Disneyland in June and Hungary in August. Can't afford more footage getting lost and can't walk watching the camera every second. Stopping the recording every few minutes to make sure it recorded.

If I want to record continuous, what do I set the loop to? I don't want it to overwrite files, It must record either until I stop it, or if the card is full or if battery runs out, but all the files must be there, none overwritten, none last few minutes saved?? I have now turned it off completely but I don't know what that setting will do?

Thanks again so much
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Conrads1 Posted at 4-17 08:03
Hi Natalia
Firmware Version: 01.02.10.10
Camera Firmware Version: 10.00.19.20

Hello, there. Sorry to hear that. May we know if you enabled the loop recording? The loop recording video clips will loop in the fixed video clips.
For example, if you set the Loop Duration Option to 5 minutes, the camera only stores the recent 5-minute video and others will be overwritten. If you set it to  ∞ or Max, the number of generated video clips depends on the microSD card capacity. According to the number of actually stored video clips, the camera will overwrite the old clips with new clips.
2023-4-17
Use props
Conrads1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Wanda.
Yes I had 20min loop on. Problem is, the missimg files are between D-002 and D-008. Time between those file is 19min's. So it should have recorded all but none are there, all gone... I have now put loop off. Is this correct or should I put it to max? I don't have infinity setting.
My main question is, can these missing files be recovered?

Thanking you
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Conrads1 Posted at 4-17 21:57
Hi Wanda.
Yes I had 20min loop on. Problem is, the missimg files are between D-002 and D-008. Time between those file is 19min's. So it should have recorded all but none are there, all gone... I have now put loop off. Is this correct or should I put it to max? I don't have infinity setting.
My main question is, can these missing files be recovered?

We are sorry that the overwritten videos can not be found back.
About the settings, if you want to keep every clip you shot, please turn the loop recording off and store more SD cards for backup.
At the camera screen click on the bottom left corner of the mode icon > video mode > slide up at the bottom of the screen > click on the upper left corner of the "loop length" setting, set the "OFF" option.
2023-4-17
Use props
Conrads1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-17 23:20
We are sorry that the overwritten videos can not be found back.
About the settings, if you want to keep every clip you shot, please turn the loop recording off and store more SD cards for backup.
At the camera screen click on the bottom left corner of the mode icon > video mode > slide up at the bottom of the screen > click on the upper left corner of the "loop length" setting, set the "OFF" option.

Hi Wanda

I will do so and turn it off completely. I will do some tests before I go away again as I don't want this to happen again. I will still try and recover some files from the card but I don't have much hope.

Thanks for your time, appreciated
2023-4-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Conrads1 Posted at 4-18 07:39
Hi Wanda

I will do so and turn it off completely. I will do some tests before I go away again as I don't want this to happen again. I will still try and recover some files from the card but I don't have much hope.

Thank you for the reply. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2023-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules