8334 20 2023-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
terrafrost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1625558 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tried the a Thunderbolt 4 USB-C cable I own and the USB-C cable that came with the Goggles. I plug one end into my Galaxy S23 Ultra and the other end into my DJI Goggles Integra. And when I do so, the DJI Virtual Fly app just hangs on this screen:

Screenshot_20230416_110308_DJI Virtual Flight.jpg

On the Goggles themselves I can't get passed the screen that shows this text:

Connect Goggles to mobile device using USB cable and open DJI Virtual Flight app

DJI RC Motion 2 not supported in DJI Virtual Flight after selecting DJI Avata

The DJI Goggles Integra I have came with the DJI RC Motion 2 but just because the controller isn't supported doesn't necessarily mean that the Googles are unsupported. Or are they?

On the preceeding screen, on the phone app, I was asked to select one of the following control methods:

• Remote Controller
    Connect the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI FPV Remote Controller 2
  • Motion Controller
    Connect the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI Motion Controller
  • Remote Controller
    Control DJI FPV with your smartphone only

I chose the Motion Controller option but maybe that was the wrong option? Maybe there's no valid option I can choose at this time?

Maybe this would work better on an iPhone?
2023-4-16
Use props
djiuser_IY0h2e8BUUQI
New
Flight distance : 14259 ft
United States

I am a iphone user, and I am running into the same issue.  I know on the DJI Goggles 2 you would have to go into the goggles menus and change it to Virtual mode, or app mode... something like that.  But that option doesn't exsist on the new Integra goggles.  DJI Please fix this!
2023-4-17
Use props
RMTCTRL
New
Flight distance : 14259 ft
United States

Okay... I just updated all my firmware, AND now there is an option on the goggles at the bottom of the left menu... click on the three dots, and in there you can see the APP option!
2023-4-17
Use props
terrafrost
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I see the option, as well, but it just hangs on this screen after I click on it:

Connect Goggles to mobile device using USB cable and open DJI Virtual Flight app

DJI RC Motion 2 not supported in DJI Virtual Flight after selecting DJI Avata

If there's a way to take a screenshot of what you see through the Googles that'd be news to me.

I'm running Goggles Firmware 01.01.00.00 fwiw.

Also, if it matters, I'm not using the USB-C cable that the Goggles came with but rather a 6 ft Thunderbolt 4 USB-C <-> USB-C cable. The cable the Goggles / drone came with is waaaay too short.
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. The DJI Virtual Flight does not support the DJI RC Motion 2 currently. But here are some recommended troubleshooting you may try:
1. When connecting the Android device to the goggles, if options “photo transmission/file transmission/only charging” appear, select “file transmission.”
2. When the goggles are connected, check whether the DJI Fly or other apps that support AOA communication are automatically enabled.
If so, enter the mobile phone’s “System Settings - Apps - DJI Fly (or other apps that are launched automatically),” and set it to “Default.” Clear the default option, and connect to the goggles. Only select “Virtual Flight” on the panel, and do not launch DJI Fly or other apps. Please try again to see if the connection is successful.
3. Check whether the OTG cable and cables provided in the combo are being used.
Please reach us back here should you have other concerns or inquiries. Thank you.
2023-4-17
Use props
terrafrost
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

@DJI Tony - Just because the DJI Virtual Flight app doesn't support the DJI RC Motion 2 it doesn't necessarily follow that the DJI Virtual Flight app doesn't support the DJI Goggles Integra. Like if it's only the RC Motion 2 that's unsupported then I'd expect the Goggles would still give me video. Or is that an incorrect assumption? If neither the Goggles Integra or the RC Motion 2 are supported then the Goggles Integra should mention that instead of just stating how the RC Motion 2 is unsupported because, to me, at least, the implication is that the Goggles Integra are supported.

As for troubleshooting steps...

1. No such option comes up
2. The DJI Fly app automatically comes up when the Goggles are plugged in. Is this where I'm supposed to unselect DJI Fly as the default app?:

3. For the purposes of this test, I tried the USB C <-> USB-C cable that came with the drone and the USB C <-> USB-A OTG cable that came with the drone. In the case of the latter I also plugged in a USB-A <-> USB-C between that cable and my phone as my phone has USB-C - not USB-A. That said, if I can only use official DJI cables it'd be nice if DJI made cables that were longer than 20in. And if I can only use the USB-A <-> USB-C cable then having to carry around two cables instead of just one....  I mean, if it worked that'd be something but (1) it doesn't work and (2) even if it did, carrying one cable would be preferable.

Thanks!
2023-4-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Will not work with Motion 2...unfortunately.... Not now...
2023-4-20
Use props
terrafrost
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

FWIW I was able to get this working by just installing the Virtual Flight app on a separate phone. So I have one phone dedicated to DJI Fly and another dedicated to Virtual Flight. If I tried harder I could probably get them working on the same phone. Like it seems plausible that the directions are dependent on the version of Android one is running. But alas, my approach works satisfactorily for my purposes.
2023-5-8
Use props
djiuser_e6WuW0DgODyk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164948 ft
United States

How freaking sad of this company- I called their tech support two times in a row over this same issue, BOTH techs just sat there on the phone, saying nothing. Muttered a word here or there. On BOTH occasions I had to ask, "Dude are you asleep", then he'd mutter a word again. It was horrendous. Their tech support is a bunch of lazy sloths. Over 2K invested in two drones and how sad that you all reported these issues back in MAY- and yet, the same problem still happening. It's utterly nauseating.
2023-7-6
Use props
djiuser_UiRIrRyXlAzs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 986870 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-17 23:44
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. The DJI Virtual Flight does not support the DJI RC Motion 2 currently. But here are some recommended troubleshooting you may try:
1. When connecting the Android device to the goggles, if options “photo transmission/file transmission/only charging” appear, select “file transmission.”
2. When the goggles are connected, check whether the DJI Fly or other apps that support AOA communication are automatically enabled.

Someone from DJI need be testing all new devices making sure they working properly and will connect to all app. Keep seeing practices on virtual flight simulation. How you practice if new devices DONT WORK...
2023-7-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_UiRIrRyXlAzs Posted at 7-28 17:35
Someone from DJI need be testing all new devices making sure they working properly and will connect to all app. Keep seeing practices on virtual flight simulation. How you practice if new devices DONT WORK...

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. This will get to our relevant team. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-7-28
Use props
djiuser_c4Vp9IrUIbky
New

United States

Did this ever get resolved? I am having the same problem to this day
2023-8-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_c4Vp9IrUIbky Posted at 8-27 21:20
Did this ever get resolved? I am having the same problem to this day

Hi there. We're sorry that you are having the same issue with the user above. Can you please confirm if you already tried the troubleshooting steps above? Please confirm what specific DJI Goggles and mobile device are you using so we can help you further. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-9-8
Use props
Vivek Bali
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42556 ft
India

It's a shame that Motion Controller 2 is not compatible in Virtual Fly app for practice. Does DJI assume that all customers would buy the older MC for practice or they assume that new customers would risk practicing in real time, putting the drone at risk of crashing? Is this some stupid way to sell the care pack?
2023-9-18
Use props
djiuser_buvmLC8W1X6h
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47500 ft
United Kingdom

DJI integra fail to connect to O3 air unit. Firmware is up to date on goggles and O3. The goggles attempt to connect but return a fail message telling me to check that O3 is selected in the Mode meny. It is selected.
Also, all options under DJI integra menu Transmission/ Pilot iare greyed out anc cannot be selected.
Please help
2023-9-28
Use props
djiuser_IUMeYLTYX9iY
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI GOGGLES 2 + DJI FPV REMOTE CONTROLLER work and bind in second. On the device should be installed only DJI VIRTUAL FLIGHT App. No DJI Store or DJI FLY. I tried solve problem connection during two weekends. Different cables, different settings and no success. Tested on the IOS or Android. I was confused when people told about pixelose on the Goggles screen, my work clear and sharp, colourful. I still fight with Windows 11 version of software. Intermittent connection only. When will solve I let you know here.
1-21 06:57
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_IUMeYLTYX9iY Posted at 1-21 06:57
DJI GOGGLES 2 + DJI FPV REMOTE CONTROLLER work and bind in second. On the device should be installed only DJI VIRTUAL FLIGHT App. No DJI Store or DJI FLY. I tried solve problem connection during two weekends. Different cables, different settings and no success. Tested on the IOS or Android. I was confused when people told about pixelose on the Goggles screen, my work clear and sharp, colourful. I still fight with Windows 11 version of software. Intermittent connection only. When will solve I let you know here.

Hi, there. Sorry for the trouble that it may cause you. May I confirm if you're using the DJI FPV Remote Controller the first version or the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2? Please know that the first version is not compatible with the Virtual flight.
1-25 01:05
Use props
djiuser_IUMeYLTYX9iY
lvl.1
Ireland

Please read carefully. Problem solved.
1-27 08:57
Use props
fansbe941e0b
lvl.1
Portugal

Well you would’ve expected DJI to learn from previous situations.   Just got my Avata 2 and unable to make the goggles work with the app.  Tried the OTG cable, original own-c to usb-c from DJI, Apple usb-c cable and absolutely nothing.   Best I could get was through goggles to state OTG cable was connected but that’s it.    Crazy they just launched an update on the DJI store for their sim that’s more tailored to sell than to be a sim, but the virtual app remains without an update for close to a year.   
And yes.  I tried both the rc3 and the motion controller.  
Happy days
4-16 13:12
Use props
AK_90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3152241 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansbe941e0b Posted at 4-16 13:12
Well you would’ve expected DJI to learn from previous situations.   Just got my Avata 2 and unable to make the goggles work with the app.  Tried the OTG cable, original own-c to usb-c from DJI, Apple usb-c cable and absolutely nothing.   Best I could get was through goggles to state OTG cable was connected but that’s it.    Crazy they just launched an update on the DJI store for their sim that’s more tailored to sell than to be a sim, but the virtual app remains without an update for close to a year.   
And yes.  I tried both the rc3 and the motion controller.  
Happy days

Just came here to post this exact discovery myself. It is dark where I am now and I thought “hey I’ll just virtually fly and get some practice in” nope I was wrong. I found the same OTG cable link and it did nothing also tried both controllers like yourself. Luckily I own the goggles 2 and the first Avata but it’s annoying that they don’t have all of this ready to go at launch. As much as DJI copies Apple, Apple would never launch something that needed constant updates to make everything compatible after the fact. Look at the Vision Pro for instance. Really wish I could just use it instead but ehh either way.
4-17 19:02
Use props
Ronderer
New
Flight distance : 106673 ft
United States

Same for me, can't connect to Goggles... And how can you publish an application without at least trying to run it?

4-18 06:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules